Gothic

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Rouge Angel92, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxas OG

Gothic...

Go. Thic.

Thic = Thick.

Someone who goes thickly.

2. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

lol go thickly on what

3. Antidote Façade

I've never really known what a Goth is. My counsellor is a Goth, but I've never actually asked her the full extent of what 'Goth' means. But yeah, she wears dark clothes, has BRIGHT purple hair (^_^), piercings, etc. But I don't care what she looks like cos she's the sweetest person I've ever met and I can talk to her about anything.. A lot of people say they are anti-social and hate anyone who isn't goth, but my counsellor wouldn't BE a counsellor if she's anti-social and best of all; she doesn't judge people e.g. if they are Chav's/Ned's whatever (you won't know what that label is if your American XD) She's helped me through a lot :o I love her ^.^

4. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

to me there people with dark hair (not always) wares any thing dark (sometimes) sometimes put spikes on there bags or other things.

also they like rock or matel and like to keep to them selfs

I would say i'm part gothic since i like to keep to my self in real life.....and it's not just teens who can be gothic cus when I was a kid I knew two people who must of been in there 30s and they was goths and there where two of the niceish people i knew

also
    I don't think this is right cus I went to collage with a goth last year and two of his friend I know aren't goths ones a rocker and the other is normal and he doesn't seem anti-social

5. Samurai King's Apprentice

One thing you have to know is...most Goths do do drugs and stuff. I'm not saying every goth does.

In fact, my older friend is a goth, and he's SO F*CKING FUNNY! He does teenage drink though. But, everyone has. And he IS 18. So, I guess it's alright.

I'm neutral with Goths. I don't like them, I don't hate them. But, I'm leaning towards liking them ATM.

AND, OMFG DID I JUST SAY do do?

6. Roxas OG

You win the award for most ignorant statement of the day.

It's people who think this that make our society this way. Not everyone drinks. Why say that? It's so misleading and incorrect.

All goths don't drink either. I know many clean goths. I'm not saying they won't drink ever, but they haven't drank anything yet.

7. hahannuh Gummi Ship Junkie

in my opinion i think gothic is a type of fashion.
    i mean i know some goth people but it's not like their psycho worship the devil people. they just dress and act a different way.
    pomp and circumstance.

8. Rouge Angel92 Twilight Town Denizen

when I was little when I heard the word "goth" I thought of darkness and evil but that was how I was raised. Now that I'm older I think of old stained glass church windows, Midevil castles, and Fairy Tale books that have the old Renisance script. Mainly like the old German fairy tales that the Grim Brother's collected. ( Has anybody read the original ones from the Grim Brothers? They're actually pretty dark stories.) But still it's aslo a type of fashion and music. And it's being stereotypical when you associate some the nicest people with this evil.
    My mom got on to me when I said that a really preppy girl was making fun of some of my friends, because I called her a prep.(I could really think of another word to discribe her at the moment.) Yet she can call my friends "gothic" and associate them with all that.

9. crystel Merlin's Housekeeper

i'm not gothic but i know alot of people who are and they weare black but also white so i don't know also

10. Xeitr The False Image Gummi Ship Junkie

omg this threads been revived "THIS" thread of all threads OMG lol

i think this should be locked i mean and much more anyone can say on this topic

11. ~tReAh867~ Twilight Town Denizen

Ferngully?... no, wait, that's not right...
    ummm... modern time gothic is a stereotype, like prep, jock, etc. unforunately, we live in a society of labels... :(

12. Roxas OG

We live in a society of lavels that aren't ever going away. People are all sad about it but there's nothing they can do about labels so they should just get over it. You can be sad or ignore it.

And I really don't see different types of goths... just goths. And maybe... some emos fall under that category.

13. ~tReAh867~ Twilight Town Denizen

Ferngully?... no, wait, that's not right...
    of course there is nothing we can do about it. thats why you gotta ignore it all and if labels bother you, then dont live your life by them. there is nothing you can do to change other people and the thoughts on the matter, so just change yourself and make sure youre not labeling others. its hard, but i know i would not like to have someone label me (though i have no idea what label i would fall into), so i dont label others.

meh, we're only human.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.