Goodbye UX

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ' started by Arch, May 22, 2017.

1. Arch Mana Knight

So I just uninstalled KHUX and I've got my own thoughts on it that have been brewing for a while.

But first! Some fun stuff.

Screenshot_20170423-225103.png

Screenshot_20170521-102524.png

So, when I first installed KHUX, my first thought was "cool! I can custom make my own KH character or have my avatar cosplay as existing characters!" the shiny character art on medals was a nice bonus too. The thing is, it was quickly apparent that the story content was almost nonexistent and the only way to "get good" was to throw money at the game. Even being smart and saving jewels (the game's currency for buying medals) for powerful medals was not enough because, in a week or two, those medals would become obsolete.

I don't have a lot left to say that cstar didn't cover in her own thread. The gameplay never really evolved since day 1. It's still all about swiping at some medals. The core strategy for being good hasn't changed either. Bring some buffing medals, something to restore gauges, and your heaviest hitting medals, and that's it. That's all the strategy you need. Hell, when I showed the game to my girlfriend the first thing she said was "you're just...throwing girls [referring to Illustrated Kairi medals] at them?" And honestly? She was right. The game's addicting but the gameplay itself was never really fun to begin with. Lux grinding to get to the top of the leaderboards just means sitting down for an hour on a weekend swiping at a screen and that's time that could better be spent playing something fun or doing something productive.

Maybe if there was a condensed version of the game that only contained the story and not all the useless filler quests it might have been more interesting but UX just wasn't designed like that which is a shame. A game about the Keyblade War could have been great but instead we got stuck with a shallow mobile game.

I'll still be looking forward to more story that comes from this because dammit I like the Kingdom Hearts universe as a whole but other than that? I've wasted enough time(and money!) on UX.

But hey, at least I got the Master of Masters pin to show for my misuse of time. Uh...something that I'll be getting later today depending on when the leaderboards are posted. Anyway, this little rant is over.

~Arch

2. Aelin Best Waifu

My soul, it hurts. I understand why, but it hurts. Who else will I strive to one day beat now if not you. Fair well my long time rival and friend, I knew thee well.

But yes in all honesty the game itself gave me no reason to play, what I found fun was playing with and against friends and even that could feel like a drag at time. Save your wallet the pain and uninstall.

3. Krowley Moderator