Film Godzilla Legendary Pictures

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by John Clay Rice, Aug 6, 2013.

1. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Oh did I just learn of this?! OH MY GOD! I am so excited to see this movie! It is going to be awesome!

2. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I can't wait until they discover that Bryan Cranstons wife is actually the mutant godzila, she will recoginize him and fight for humanity, also she we'll be pregnant so they will have giant mutant lizard babies <3

3. burnitup Still the Best 1973

That is the worst possible thing that could happen and I am glad that will not come to be.

4. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I'm planning on seeing this on opening night. My roommate's a huge Godzilla fan since it was something she's been obsessed with since childhood so I think I'll treat her to it.
    One thing I am excited for is to see Kick-Ass's and that other Olsen's chemistry on screen before Avengers 2 comes out~ (are they dating in the movie and then playing siblings in Avengers: Age of Ultron? That'd be weird from an audience's point of view)

5. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Godzilla vs. Avengers: Confirmed?

That's a nice thing to do for your roommate. :)

6. cstar stay away from my waifu

Alright I'm not exactly sure how well this will actually go but they cut Akira Takarada from the movie and a lot of western G-fans are trying to bring him back. I'm actually really upset about it too because I thought it was going to be a really nice bridge.

Anyway, there is a petition people are trying to get signed to bring him back. And since I saw a lot of people on here like this movie, it'd be great to see some people sign it.

7. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Yeah I've heard about that. Though I also heard he is still credited so there's that. Wonder why they cut the scene he is in...

8. Hayabusa Venomous

OH YEAH THIS THREAD.

Anyway, my condensed thoughts:

+Godzilla. Holy shit. He looks perfect. He sounds perfect. He acts perfectly. Seeing him destroy was so satisfying.
    +The cinematography. Lots of great shots and nice use of contrasting lights and darks.
    +The music. Not amazing, but it always felt fitting.
    +Ken Watanabe and Bryan Cranston. Both of their characters were likable and interesting, especially in their dialogue.
    +The Muto monsters were alright. I liked their color palette and abilities, though they weren't as interesting when it came to actual combat.
    -Aaron Taylor-Johnson's character was so damn boring though. The dude has no personality (and no, it's not just a soldier thing, before anyone else uses that excuse.) I felt nothing for him.
    -His wife and kid are equally forgettable.
    -Lots of boring writing to deal with during the second act, with too much military jargon and not enough...well, interesting dialogue. It felt unbalanced.

Over all, a very respectable reboot for the series (think that's the right term) but it does have its flaws. It got me really excited for any sequels. Gareth Edwards did a great job directing, but I strongly hope he gets a better writer next time.