GirlFriend/Boyfriend Help thread

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by willi_211191, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

That's never a good idea. ;___;
    Trust me...guys that do that don't ever get far. I'd know :{
    Tell her how you feeeeel :D!!!

2. Gwen Farewell.

Yeah, I say get to know her better.

The frist time I kissed a girl was on my birthday<3 It was my present, apparently.

3. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

There's a difference...

Just one thing I'd like to point out.

Remember that there's a difference between "love" and "lust."

"Lusting" is defined as an "overwhelming desire or craving."

"Loving" is defined as "affectionate concern for the well-being of others."

If the feeling's not mutual, its most likely "lust." Completely different from "love."

And by the way, I've had that exact same fantasy too. But that's all it is, just a dream. So, you can go ahead and listen with your heart, but remember to stop, step back and listen to your brain.

Living out fantasies is one of the major ways relationships end in heartbreak. So, whatever you decide, don't do it as an impulse. Try to imagine the worst case scenarios. Is attempting a dream worth the next few years of your life, let alone your friendship?

Oh, and one last bit of reality you should consider. Are her parents home? Because let me tell you, doing that in front of her father is a one-way ticket to getting your butt kicked. So, you'd have to rely on luck and chance on that issue.

You might have a few weeks left, but I suggest that you SERIOUSLY think this through. Pretend it's not you who's in this dilemma, but someone else. It's easy for us to give you advice and suggestions, because (let's face it) we're not you. We each have our own experiences to rely on, but it's still ultimately your choice.

And once you cross that line between friendship and romance, it's EXTREMELY difficult to come back.

4. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

As DF said, it's your choice. Your actions determine what happens to your relationship may it be for better or for worst. Let me just ask you, how sure are you that she shows some interest in pursuing a relationship? Because if you cant answer that question then I dont think you should do it.

Personally, I wouldn't do it that way. Yes, I know it works in the films but that's because it's Hollywood. This is real life.

5. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

One more thing...

Sorry, but I have to get this off my chest.

One last thing I have to ask before you do anything you'll regret. Have you actually thought REALISTICALLY what happens AFTER the scene ends? Okay, so you kiss her, say Merry Christmas...

...then what? What happens when the dream finally ends? I'm going to guess that there'll either be this awkward silence and tension between you two (lucky you, since you're leaving in February anyways) or...

...actually I can't think of an alternative. I mean, unless you leave just like that. That's not being really fair to her, dude. It'll leave the issue hanging over both of your heads. It's like "What happens now?" Do you go about your everyday lives like nothing happened?

But, hey. It's your life. You'll either regret that you didn't do it or you'll regret it because you did do it. "Damned if you do, damned if you don't." That's what people who've been through this call "EXPERIENCE."

I guess what I'm trying to say is, "Life doesn't have an undo button." You either do it and it fails, bruising your ego along the way or you don't do it and you spend the rest of your life wondering what could have been.

So, my sage advice?

"FOR EVERY DECISION, THERE'S A CONSEQUENCE. DECISION. CONSEQUENCE."

6. Inasuma "pumpkin"

You know what, go for it.

But don't be surprised when you find out movie-scenes never work in real life. lol o_o

7. Soushirei 運命の欠片

Yeah. Sounds nice when you think about it.

Personally, I prefer the boring, stable route. None of these theatrics.

Drama is only cool in the movies. In real life, it's just annoying.

8. Cybernetic Merlin's Housekeeper

Has anyone felt like they are good enough to be a great BF/GF but no one else seems to notice or doesn't give you a chance? I felt like that for majority of my life I came to a point where I was so desperate I went out with the biggest regret I have ever experienced in my life. My suggestion is be patient cos this time I did and it did pay off. One thing you gotta make sure before having a relationship is make sure this isn't going to be a one way street inanother words make sure you are postive she/he loves you back, don't assume like I did. I hope my paragraph of my past helps anyone

9. Saintlikesgirls Chaser

with your deffinion of love there...a lot of people are in love, a lot of really kind people are... and a lot of mad people are lusting cause they wanna shoot someone AND in your deffintion im in love witha girl bu i doubt it

anyways dude with a 50% chance of stayin i would figure out whether she feels ANYTHING for you THEN kiss her on the CHEEK after she opens the present cuase it would turn out horible if your did your plan and she only had like a tiny crush on you

10. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

It's riddled with cheese. There's also a high chance you'll freak her out and that just makes the friendship awkward.

11. Saintlikesgirls Chaser

yeah like he said: its cheese, drop the drama :D

12. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

Hey, they were definitions from Dictionary.com. Gimme a break. ;)

But seriously, there is a MAJOR difference between the two. Learned that in my "Human Sexual Behavior" class. :D

What I think they should do is that four-letter word meaing "intercourse."

That's right. The one that ends in "K"...

"TALK" ;)

13. ShadowMancer King's Apprentice

Well, i dunno. You should get her to really like you, then we'll see.

14. willi_211191 Twilight Town Denizen

okay okay... seems like everyone thinks its a bad idea...
    i really dont want to hurt her, so i think ill just hear to you guys...
    i think ill just kiss her in her cheek... and like some of you said, let her open the present first, then the kiss...

15. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

"Human Sexual Behavior" class?...Do I want to know what kind of course this is?

...I'm scared to say you make it sound like a college course...which is where I'm at.

16. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

That's EXACTLY what it is. And yes, it's EXACTLY what you think it's about. :D

I got a "B" in that class, though. All my coworkers were expecting me to get an "A" for some odd reason... :blink:

And as for Willi, I respect that decision. Who knows? She might tell you that she likes you in a couple of years herself. ;)

17. Mixt The dude that does the thing

nice coice there. the original plan would of been to over the top and left you both with a "What now?" feeling. The new plan is more cute and easy to continue off of. But I do have to warn you, if this goes wrong there is almost no turning back. This is not me saying don't do it, all of these situations are like that, just don't go expecting that you'll be able to clean it all up if it fails.

18. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

Bring a misteltoe.Then it'll work.I Know.I've done it a cuple of times *cough*seven times*cough*.

19. Xamad Traverse Town Homebody

Geek in love?

-March of last year, I saw this girl with the most beauiful smile I'd ever seen.
    -In May of the same year, I met her through a friend when we were doing a concert together cause all three of us live in the same neighborhood(hell of a coincidence).
    -The next semester, she made it into my chorus class and we got to know eachother a little
    -In October, my friend told me he sorta liked her and I said go for it.
    -In November, I start to notice her more and decide to hang out with her more
    -In February, I actually hear her sing and think "Damn, she's good"
    -That same night, my sister asks me if I like her, but I say no cause at the time, I didn't think I was
    -In May, I finnaly figure out how I feel about her
    -Same month, I ask my friend if it's ok if I ask her out. He said he was over her, so it was ok
    -Girl I like is busy as hell and has friends who watch her like a hawk ready for the kill
    -Her Ex seems to still like her, I don't handle it so well.
    -Ex's brother, who I look up to and respect as a friend, writes her a letter and gives her one of her rings.
    -In June, the school year ends and I can only talk to her on facebook
    -In July, I tell her how I feel via facebook message, but I don't use the word "love" cause I don't wan to presure her.
    -We start to talk more, but there was no official change in the relationship as far as I know and I wanted her to make that choice on her own
    -Between July and August, I gave her something I bought for her in Manhattan while doing an internship at a cartoon studio with my sister
    -In September, I ask her who I should ask to homecomming knowing all to well she made plans with her friends months in advance
    -A week before homecomming, I finnaly get it out of her that she doesn't feel the same way. I was a little heart broken, but I would be ok I guess.
    -I get the feeling the girl she recomended to me for homecomming might be flirting with me a little and I figure flirt back a little, but then girl I like a lot swoops in out of no where and start's talking to her. Their conversation's close enough to hear and see, but I decide, "I don't need to know, I might not want to know, they probably don't want me to know."
    - I start to hang out with the girl I love at lunch, not realising how uncomfortable she was with it.
    - I know who she loves now and am struggling to let her go while working with her best friend so that she's more comfortable around me.
    Any advice?

20. Sir Charles of Monocles The Fault in Our Stars

i feel your pain i really do. i like a girl but she wants to be friends. I try to get her out of my mind but i cant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.