Ghosts- real? or Not?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Imiko, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Destined Working for WDW

Yes, I believe that ghosts do exist. I will not explain why.

2. Daenerys Targaryen ok

Why not?
    I can answer that for you.
    There is no answer.
    You can never find out why ghosts exist, they just do they are spirits, taken away from there bodies.
    That's about it.

3. Destined Working for WDW

Not what I meant. I believe in ghosts or spirits or whatever you desire to call it. What i meant by i won't tell you why is not why they exist, but merely I will not tell you why I believe this.

4. Daenerys Targaryen ok

Oh, I get it now, I see.Sorry.
    I will not ask you why you believe this because I am scared of the answer anyway.I am scared of my own answer.DX

5. Wulphie! Gummi Ship Junkie

That I fully agree with.
    They've only half left the earth.
    Otherwise, they wouldn't be ghosts.
    The other half of them is still there; prisoners to forever walk the earth, dead.
    I doubt some of them know they're gone.
    Has anyone seen the show Haunted Hotels on MTV?
    True freakin' stories.
    I've looked them up.

6. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

True spirits and Paranormal beings yes... but the theory behind ghosts... just makes me lol xD
    But spirits are real... After my Great- Grandpa died, He appeared in my room and told me to go to his house and he left something on the doorstep for me.
    Sure enough... I went... and there was his gold chain from WWII with a note for me attached...

7. Daenerys Targaryen ok

Not as much prisioners but clueless.
    They don't even know they left the earth sometimes.
    That's why on a show I saw one time, they were telling the dead girl to go to rest but, she was screaming no.She didn't want to leave earth.
    I saw the Haunted houses once.
    Anything like that is creepy.

Your full of shit.Ghosts can't talk to you.
    Maybe he appeared to you in a dream,because that's possible it's happened to me and my Dad.
    But not just talking to you in your room.
    I don't believe that.

I believe there are zones.We live in one zone and they live in another.
    We only see them when the light is right, and at certain times of day, otherwise they are in a whole different spectrum as us.
    Even if you were a medium,they don't see ghosts they talk to them through their head.
    My Grandma is abit of a medium and physic.If she says something is bad, she means it.She says her old boyfriend comes over her house because he still loves her.Although she died right before they were getting married and she moved on.
    The scary thing about that is they both went to a physic before that and asked how many children they were going to have and the lady said none,you aren't marrying this man D:​

8. Wulphie! Gummi Ship Junkie

Yes, there are definitely zones.
    They mainly come out at night, or in old, abandoned houses.
    Medium's lie.
    They just do that to get money.
    But sometimes there are actually people(like me), who've seen ghost's in dreams.
    I used to have a dream every night about a different person dying somehow, but then years later, they show up in the place they died, or a precious, memorable place to them.
    I doubt we'll ever know the real answer if ghosts are real or not.
    But all we can do is continue believing or not.

9. riku2211 Traverse Town Homebody

i believe in ghosts...but it's really weird....one night i was almost asleep when i heard my mom say my name. so i sat up and looked in my door way and, sure enoguh, there was my mom, but it was just a sillhoutte(sp) like a shadow, peeking from around a corner where there's a wall. then seconds after i see its my mom, it changes to her boyfriend, the next second it some weird figure i couldnt make out, and it dissppeared. my friend saw the same thing, too. he lives near me, but not that close. how does this make any sense??? and im sure i wasn't just seeing things =[ also, sometimes, im playing KH2, and I'll pause it to do someething and the cursor(sp...) will move down O.0 and my lights turn themsleves off when im not in the room...not much anymore, but still....

10. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

Geez, rude much? I saw what I saw... I'm not full of shyt. >:[
    Just because it's never happened to you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen at all D:<

11. Daenerys Targaryen ok

Oh God, please.I'm not rude I'm being truthful.I don't think you can talk to ghosts.BUT you can see them.

Ehh.Medium are sometimes not a lie.

I see ghosts in dreams all the time.

If you see people dying in dreams it means the oppisite thank god.
    But, it's so cool how you saw them in the exact same place they died but, alive.
    I do that sometimes to minus the dying parts..I dream about someone saying something in a particular place and time,sometimes they are wearing the same thing too.It's so weird and I zone out for a bit.

12. Nova We left a scar size extra-large.

Oh... I didn't talk to it, I just heard it :[

13. Daenerys Targaryen ok

Oh sorry then, you said he told you to go, but I don't think that's possible sorry."/

14. Inasuma "pumpkin"

I don't think ghosts are as real as people think. I've never seen any real evidence other than TV phony video editing, and not-very-convincing witness testimonies.

I've only ever "imagined" ghosts in my dreams, and that was definitely because I used to watch ghost shows, like Goosebumps and Are You Afraid Of The Dark?. To this day I have no reason to think they exist.

Plus, on a purely physical and real perspective, it is impossible that "invisible" matter could exist in the place of regular matter. And that usually gets comments like "that's because ghosts don't exist in the physical realm." Well, how do you KNOW there's a non-physical realm? There's no evidence for this at all, or from what I've seen, read, researched, etc...

Now that doesn't mean I think they don't exist, it just means I'm not buying into this commercial superstitious non-sense. I mean I'm sure it's possible in some way, but so far, I haven't found that.

:'D

15. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

i know a girl who already lived in two haunted houses the first house used to belong to a family a long time ago she said that a guy had killed his wife and children and buried them under the house and i think killed himself she said u can here a lullaby for the dead baby at night her dad always that he had left something on the the ppl who sold it to her family didn't tell them and also at the house that she lives at now has a haunted railroad behind them cause u can see crosses and flowers because ppl where killed by the train and she can here moaning and see how ppl died u know how ghost are tring to show how ppl died so they can finally rest in piece for once i also know a girl whose house was built on Indian territory and if u opened the coat closet and Indian's ghost would be in there i didn't get any good sleep at all when i heard about the that house it was at a sleep over when the girl said that the other girl told us at school and my cousin toldy at night at her school it was filled with ghost so on halloween at their neighborhood i always was lookin around and on guard alot

i don't think they stay on earth to scare ppl ghost may exist but if they are a ghost they usually were never found and they are tryin to show the living how they died and find the place where they died so that way they can rest in eternal life in heaven if they had done confession or never murdered steal or commit suicide though never in my life have i encountered a ghost and if i did i would try to help them rest in peace if they don't try to kill me that is i have a friend who made friends with a ghost girl except the ghost girl was tryin to protect herself these so called ghost busters and ate them but i don't think the ghost buster part true

if a ghost possessed someone your reason are right but they might also are trying to tell someone that someone had killed them and they are trying to show them the place where they died so that way the ghost can reast in eternal life in heaven if they were the good person though but ghost bein real is a 50/50 chance they are and a for me a halfway believe in ghost

16. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

have u ever heard of the tv show truth or scare it was one time talkin about ppl who dream about the future and it actually happens and they try to stop it from happening see this one woman never succeeded doing that she drempt that her husband would die while he was hunting because of a gunshot well it actually happened she tried to convince her husband but he didn't listen so he and his friend went hunting and his friend tripped on a log and his gun fired and it shot her husband and then he died and there was this one boy who did succeed he drempt that i think his cousin his baby cousin and his grandma getting ran over after an a old lady waves at him and the next day it almost happens but he made them run out of the road before they got ran over

17. Daenerys Targaryen ok

I have heard worse ghost stories believe me.Haunted houses are different.
    Usually the person who is haunting the others either wants to take revenge on the living, or doesn't know that they are dead.
    The moans;probably revenge.
    The guy isn't the one haunting.It's either the children or the mother.
    I don't think ghosts can posess people.But you never know.

18. Daenerys Targaryen ok

Ghost Stories;Which do you think is real?

I was on vacation to Virginia with my family and another family who is very close to us;
    So..of coarse I was the one who wanted to sit around the pool all day and relax, and maybe hit Busch Gardens.But I got overruled by the adults and mt best friend Katy, who insisted we take a Ghost Tour in Old Williamsburg.
    So we went.
    The man came out with a Lantern, and gave us the whole: This is all real speel, then we started the tour.

He went up to this building that looked like a pub and started to tell the story,of the woman in green.

Here it goes:
    In this exact building:
    A good year of two back a woman was left by her coworkers(other waiters and waitresses and maybe the manager)to clean up the dishes and close down the restaurant. She was shining one of the plates and through the reflection, she saw a lady dressed in a green dress.
    She turned around there she was.Of coarse she said "Hello?"
    The lady smiled.She wasn't from this time period.She was wearing an elegant green dress (hoop skirt). She waddled through the room and went near the fireplace.The worker did a double take and she was gone.All the doors were closed and windows.
    The tourguide said: " Imagine how long it would take for such a lady to run of restaurant in a flash, without making a sound in that type of clothing.
    Another story about the green lady:
    A long times ago a worker was going through a secret tunnel located underneath the street that connected to restaurants. The tunnel was long.
    He saw a lady standing in the middle of the tunnel and stopped.He watched her in her old clothing and she smiled. He was about the walk up to her when he dropped a cup.He picked it up, and when he looked up she was gone.As you could tell,she was in the middle of the tunnel.So he looked side to side.She was gone.He asked the workers in both restaurantsif they had seen her and they replyed no.How could you miss her? Another thing; How could that lady run so fast to escape the tunnel in a flash..Especially in her kind of clothes..?

He walked up to a particular street and looked out:
    One morning a lady was taking a morning walk away from her hotel room with her husband.
    They saw another couple coming from the fog.
    They were wearing old clothes;hoop skirt and magnificent hats and vests for the man.The lady asked if they worked here.They said no.They got into a conversation about Williamsburg.The lady and her husband asked them questions,they answered.Then they went seperate ways.Then the husband remembered on more question, they turned around and they were gone.
    "I don't think you could get away that easily down a huge street with hardly no trees in a hoopskirt,but thats just me"said the tourguide.

We walked on.
    He came to another house.
    One night two sisters were staying at this Inn.
    One of the sisters heard a soundoutside the window.Like keys shaking.
    Another saw a grey mist of the ceiling.
    Regards to that encounter,they stayed the next night.
    This time,the keys were louder.They seems to be closer.On the footboard of the other sisters bed.
    The sister paniced but fell back alseep until she felt something pulling her out of bed,thinking it was her sister..She woke up to nothing.
    It pulled harder.
    She screamed to wake up the other sister.
    As the other sister awoke the sound of keys go louder, so they decided to turn on the light.
    A huge gray mass in thr shape of a man stood before them.
    "Just think.You don't have to be afraid of the dark anymore.Ghosts come in the light too."Said the guide.

one more story.

This restaurant in the village was owned by a girl.She decided to take a break one day and sat down at a table.A man, who she also thought was one break because of his olden clothing,started a conversation with her.
    He was talking about how he was looking for a girl named Emily.She said my name is Emily. He smiled and started telling her all about things she never new about her family and then he said he had to go and walked through the window. She was freaked out and thought it was one of her coworkers playing a trick on her until she saw a flower on her door.
    It was a rare flower.It only bloomed for 10 minutes or something. Then it died..
    A note..It said Emily on it..Remember our conversation.
    "Emily is still working at the restaurant, and she invited new guests"Said the tourguide.

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK? REAL?OR NOT REAL?

[​IMG]
    The orbs...Are supposed to be ghosts.This picture was taken right before the ghost tour.

[​IMG]
    ^^
    There was no light outside.DO you see the light?It wasn't on in that building,I wonder what it's reflecting from.

[​IMG]

SO MANY ORBS.

19. Shadow_Rocks Gummi Ship Junkie

well u may have heard worse but i felt like telling those stories since this is a thread about ghost also have u ever heard of the chublacabra ( don't know how to spell correctly ) because it's real they have 2 versions of it the original chublacabra and the peurto rican goat sucker i don't really know if they are the same

20. Daenerys Targaryen ok

No I haven't but I made another thread about the ghost stories I've heard,but those aren't the only ones.
    I have heard some bloody ones too like:
    There is a haunted hous eon my friend's street and we wanted to trick or treat it.
    The person who died there was on every drug imaginable and raped a little boy trick or treating one time, killed him, buried him in the back yard and hung himself.
    Investigators dug up the little boy years later. D: