Dream Drop Distance Getting ready for KH 3D

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by LethalK, Aug 7, 2012.

1. LethalK Merlin's Housekeeper

Hey guys,

I have ordered my copy of Kingdom Hearts 3D and had it delivered at home the day of release, however it turns out I was abroad (still am) for the past few days and am only going back Friday. Is there anything I should do to get ready for the release? I have played every single Kingdom Hearts game out there (seriously. All of them.) and wonder if I need a refresh or is the catching up happening at the beginning of KH 3D?

Thanks

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Throughout the game, you'll get mementos that explain the plot of each KH game, so that should refresh your memory. I personally do replay all the games in fictional chronological order every now and then (and I'm not ashamed of it XP)

3. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Those summaries are long though. I like to read all the in game stuff in KH and even I went "screw it tl;dr" I might go back later to see if it sheds any new light on old events, but I didn't bother as I played.

Birth By Sleep definitely gets the most tie ins with the new stuff, so I would make sure you've got a good grasp of that game's plot. And for a couple of reasons through the game it might be cool to replay KH1, but nothing huge so I wouldn't sweat it.

Really more than feeling like you need to play other games before for the sake of this one, I really now want to replay the old games after having gained info from this game.

4. redhairedking Traverse Town Homebody

As others have stated, the game does a very good job of recapping, though I would make sure you are very familiar with the command deck system. I have been screwed over countless times because I can't move through my deck quick enough (it seemed easier on BBS).

5. LethalK Merlin's Housekeeper

Seems simple enough :) Thanks guys

6. monstro567 Merlin's Housekeeper

Buy a Circle Pad Pro, it makes the game WAY better to play, it is worth the extra $20, hopefully more games will support it soon.