Game based books

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AlexleHoshi, Apr 4, 2011.

1. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

I was sort of aware of such books never took my time out to look for any, but today I was in waterstone's looking in the scifi part, and just as I was about to leave a book called Dead Space caught my eye, so I pick it up to see if it was a game based book and I was right, so I look around to see what other books I can find like it, most of them I could understand;
    Halo
    Assassin Creed: Brotherhood
    Fable
    Wow

But then another caught my eye which seems more WTF then Wow (only because I understand why wow was there)

I saw a Runescape book, at first I though it just had the same name as the MMORPG, but the text font of the title was the same.

I was also tempered to get it, just to see what it was like, but changed my mind and walked off.

So is there any other game based books out there? And if you've read them, are they any good?

2. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

The Star Wars: Republic Commando series is excellent. It really gives a look into the war from the view of the commandos and the people they know (rather than the Jedi), as well as explores the culture of the Mandalorians. Very well written, plenty of twists and emotional bits (both suspense and sadness), and was the main written origin of the Mandalorian dictionary that's available.
    It follows the Commandos before and through the game, then the last one, Imperial Commando, is about them after the Empire has taken power. I highly recommend these to any Star Wars fan, I doubt you'd be disappointed.

3. -Xero- Twilight Town Denizen

Devil my cry, it's a novel and a manga. The first 2 are novels the 3rd as a manga and I'm not sure about the 4th one.... But it's pretty good.

OH MY GOD I LOVE DEAD SPACE!!

4. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Dragon Age has a good number of books as well. They seem interesting and stick very closely to cannon. It seems it's a common thing these days. But sometimes it can go sour like when someone writes a book about a game and it's just a story of the game but with changed events because the author didn't like the original events.

5. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I've seen an AC: brotherhood book and a Halo one but never did I think there could be a WoW book. I may have to find the Fable one though because I really liked the story in that plus I would be interested to see the choices the character in the book makes. I've never read any of them though but I may have to check them out, thanks for pointing them out to me ^^