FullMetal Alchemist - The story

Discussion in 'Archives' started by xXRhian+RoxasXx, Dec 21, 2009.

1. xXRhian+RoxasXx Gummi Ship Junkie

Behind story: One day in English class, my teacher asked the class to write our own stories. So I went away and tried to write one but I FAILED big time. Then I started to watch FullMetal Alchemist a bit more when I relised, "Why not just write out one of the scenes yourself?" So I did that without any help except using what Edward and Alphonose said/did and got a A* for it. Then after that, I wanted to carry on more! So I started right from episode one and carried on. This is how far i've gotten (trust me, its harder then it sounds) and if you think something should be changed/taken out/added then tell me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prologue

1910, PM 9:30. Resembool, Amestris

Inside of an old unused warehouse, grand suits of armour stood against the cold brick walls. Boxes were everywhere, chewed and maggoty but full of old books and parchments and the old wooden tables were covered in chemistry vials. Ignoring all of this, two boys sat in the middle of the room, both staring at the circle one was drawing. The eldest of the two had dark blonde hair with two partings going down the sides of his face. Wearing a red jacket, black shirt and white shorts, he was dressed for the summer. The younger one had light brown hair that occasionally tufted up in little wisps. Instead of summer attire, he was wearing a pale blue shirt that had three-quarter length sleeves and dark blue jeans. Finally, the eldest boy stopped and admired his work for a second. “That outta do it.” He looked up at the younger boy with questioning eyes. “You ready?” He asked.
    The younger boy nodded, showing signs of hesitation and nervousness in his eyes. Fidgeting around, he just wanted to get it over with.
    “Don’t be scared Al.” The eldest boy reassured Alphonose. “Everything’s perfect.” He said looking back at the circle he had just drew even though, inside he was scared too. Outside, as he had drew the circle; heavy clouds had blocked out the sky and started to drizzle slightly. The echoes of rain spread across the warehouse, making a more eerie affect already to the old building. The eldest boy looked over at Alphonose again with a determined look. “Let’s go for it.”
    Alphonose nodded and they both looked at the circle. Clapping their hands together as if for prayer; they broke their palms apart and slammed them onto the edge of the circle. Suddenly, from the white chalk lines on the floor, came a brilliant golden glow that lit up the whole room; even the darkest shadows were brightened. A flash of lightning struck the centre of the circle as a golden whirlwind appeared, engulfing the entire warehouse. Lighting and elements swirled around, creating a beautiful view; the two boys grinned and gazed at the sight.

“Alchemy; the science of understanding the structure of matter. Breaking it down and reconstructing it into something else. It can even make gold from lead. But Alchemy is a science, so must follow the natural laws. To create, something of equal value MUST be lost. This is the principle of equivalent exchange.”

Suddenly, the nice golden glow turned into an eerie purple haze. Red lighting struck past the face of the eldest boy and a look of panic quickly replaced his smile. This wasn’t meant to be happening. Everything they had done was perfect, it was right. Why was it failing now!

“But on THAT night, I learned that some things can’t be measured on a simple scale.”

A scream shot out throughout the silent night, echoing around the hills. A young girl burst out of her house and ran out to the porch, looking out into the night. “That was Edward!” She cried.
    “Wait Winry, LOOK!” Her Grandmother ran out after her and pointed out into the distance as the dog barked at the shadow on the hills.

“My brother and I knew the laws of science; of equivalent exchange. That gain required sacrifice; that something had to be taken from us. But we thought that there was nothing more we could lose. We were wrong...”

A man stood out on the path, looking at the warehouse. Keeping a stern and emotionless face, he waited for something to happen inside as the bright light died down.
    Electricity sparked everywhere as a thick smoke covered the whole area. A voice was heard, full of woe and sorrow, crying out. “Al.... Alphonose say something!” It was the elder boy, Edward, crying for his little brother who lay lifeless beside him. “No... NO! STAY WITH ME!” Taking in a deep breath, Edward tried to ignore the pain. “DAMNIT! This wasn’t supposed to-” He cringed with pain, gritting his teeth. The pain in his leg seared brightly and he screamed out, in sorrow and pain. “What have I done?!” Edward asked himself panicky, gulping down air. He felt as if he was drowning in a sea of smoke. Finally, it started to lift partially in front of him and he looked up. A single woman’s hand appeared from the smoke, reaching out for him as Edward’s face lit up slightly. “.... M.... Mom!” As more of the smoke clearing, Edward’s smile soon disappeared, seeing what was truly in front of him. “I-Is that you?!” He asked, panicking again. What was in front of Edward Elric wasn’t his mother. It was something demonic, something fearsome; something that shouldn’t even appear in nightmares. Skin stretched over arms and legs, bare muscles showing, the heart beating on the outside of its body. Edward’s eyes widened in fear as a single warped face stared at him, laughing hollowly with glowing purple eyes. Another scream shot out into the night then cut off short.

Chapter 1
    Those who Challenge the Sun

1915, PM 3:00. Liorn Desert, Amestris

The sun had raised high in the sky, although it was early morning. A boy of 15 trudged across the vast golden desert alone, showing sighs on fatigue and weariness. His name was Edward Elric. Wearing a black top and trousers combo, boots and a long red coat; he wasn’t in the best clothes for a desert walk. Giving up, Edward stopped and sighed. “I hate deserts.... It’s nothing but sand!” He moaned. Flopping down onto the floor, he closed his eyes. “If there was some grass, I could turn it into bread..... I’m starving!” Edward sighed again, listening to his rumbling stomach. Looking up, he blinked in confusion. “Hmm?” He sat up and looked around; a look of panic and confusion plastered across his face. “Hey, Al!” He called out. “Where’d you go? Al! HEY!!!”
    “Down here.” A voice called from the sand by Edward. A metallic hand shot up from the sands and grabbed Edward’s leg, causing him to scream. Edward calmed down and looked at his leg with the hand on. He glared at it. “Reason number two I hate the desert...” He muttered bitterly.
    A massive pile of white sand was standing up, next to Edward. Beside him was a grand suit of battle armour, seemingly to be called Alphonose. The armour was made of strong metals and had a long purple loincloth around its waist, going down to its knees. At the helmet were two big feathers on the top and a pair of glowing purple eyes, looking innocent yet fearful at the same time. Edward looked up at Alphonose, panting. He had gotten more tired and hungry then he was before. “I just don’t understand why you keep falling in!” He yelled at him. Standing still, Alphonose let out a small sigh. “I get full.”
    Edward stood up, obviously angry. “FULL OF WHAT?!” He kicked hard at the chest plate on Alphonose, causing it to burst wide open and bury him with a pile of sand. Alphonose started to laugh softly then slowly edged away as the pile rumbled. Edward burst out of pile, absolutely furious. “GET BACK HERE!!!” He yelled at Alphonose, chasing after him. Panicking, Alphonose ran away from his attacker. “What’re gonna do?”
    “Nothing!”
    “Then why are you chasing me?!”
    “Stop and you’ll find out!”
    “I promise I won’t get buried again!” Alphonose pleaded, still running away. He jumped over the deep hole that Edward had dug earlier.
    Edward never noticed the hole and ran at it. “Not unless it’s by me!!”
    Alphonose stuck his hands out, to tell him to stop. “ED!”
    Edward looked down and realised too late. He slipped down into the deep pit, screaming.

PM 4:00, Lior​

The pair walked along one of the busty streets of Lior city. Around, people were happy and smiling, talking to others, playing games, doing what normally everyone else would do. Edward scowled and glared at the floor, trudging along. Alphonose looked down at him. “You okay brother?” He asked innocently.
    “It’s your fault for not stopping when I said...” Edward said bitterly to Alphonose.
    “You wouldn’t stop either if someone was chasing you!” Alphonose protested. “Shut up!” Edward told him. “I’m too tired to fight....” Trudging along more, he muttered to himself. “Water, water... I can almost hear it....” Stopping suddenly, he looked around and corner as his eyes widened in joy. “Wait a second. I CAN hear it!” Alphonose stopped behind him, looking at the fountain in the square that was just down the alleyway Edward was looking down. Edward did take his eyes off it. “AL! LOOK!” He cried in excitement before dropping his bag and running down to it. Alphonose tried to grab out for him but missed. “Ed! WAIT!” He shouted after him but Edward wouldn’t stop.
    “Ahahahahaaa! Water, water, water, water, water, water, water, water!!!!” Edward said to himself before jumping to the fountain. Looking at it closer, his smile disappeared and a look of confusion appeared instead. Landing by the fountain, he stared at it with a bitter look. “Guess this explains the nasty stench in the air...” He muttered. Alphonose ran up behind him, carrying his bag. Stopping, he looked at Edward. “Whats wrong?” He asked before looking at the red liquid in coming from the fountain. “Hm?” Edward picked up a cup that was beside him and took a cupful of it, as they both leaned in to stare at what was inside. Alphonose tilted his head slightly. “Is it blood?” He asked. Edward shook his head. “Nope. More like blood-red wine!”
    “HEY! GET AWAY FROM THERE!” A hand suddenly grabbed the back of Edward’s coat and yanked him up in the air. “You know that’s off limits to kids!”
    Edward frowned and looked up at the tanned skin man, still holding the cup of wine.

“Heheheh, you’re outta towners, that explains it!” The merchant laughed while handing Edward a glass of orange juice. He was tall and tan skinned with a moustache. Wearing a dark olive green top and a white apron, he just looked like any old merchant. “You’ll have to forgive me; I thought you were trying to sneak a little drink.” Edward nodded and started to drink it from a straw as Alphonose sat watching him. Looking back up at the merchant, he grinned. “Fountains stacked of free wine, that’s pretty ritzy! This town must be loaded.” Edward pointed out then started to drink again. The merchant nodded and started to clean a glass. “Yeah, we do alright here... OH!” The merchant blinked and reached up to a switch hanging above. “I almost forgot! Time for a little soulful.” Suddenly, the radio above them on the roof crackled to life, playing mystical music. Edward looked around the town square as everyone started to turn on their radios, playing the same thing. Houses, shops, restaurants and bars, all had that same station playing. Even at the church it was playing; such an odd sight. The brothers looked around in awe, wondering what was happening. The music stopped and everyone moved into a prayer position, waiting. Through the radios, a man’s voice came through reciting something as if it was from a bible.

“Children of God who live upon this land.”

Edward frowned, pulling a face. “Huh?”

“Pray and hope that ye may be saved. As Sun wakes the day so does the Sun God illuminate thy path. And drowns out the darkness...”

Edward raised his eyebrows as the broadcast carried on. “Well that’s rich.” The merchant looked at him as Edward turned back to the table and carried on with his drink. Alphonose still looked around. “Some kind of religious broadcast...” He turned around too. The merchant put his hands on his hips, looking at Edward with disgust. “Your buddy is in a suit of armour and you’re wearing gloves in the desert and you call US freaks?” Edward ignored him and carried on drinking. The merchant sighed and looked up at Alphonose. Alphonose stared back at him. The merchant frowned and looked at Edward again. “Whats your deal anyway? You street performers?” He asked. Edward’s eyes widened and he spurted out his drink, glaring at the merchant. “I don’t think so, Pops! Do I look like a clown to you?!” He shouted.
    “Well you MUST have some reason to journey out this far!” The merchant snapped back at him. Edward frowned then rested his head on the table. “We’re just trying to track something down, that’s all.” He looked away, down the street. “Now who is this guy? On your airwaves?” He asked the merchant. “Why that’s there Cornello!” The merchant exclaimed. Edward looked back at him, raising an eyebrow. “Huh. Doesn’t ring a bell.” He said blankly. The merchant’s eyes widened as he leaned forward to Edward. “YOU’RE KIDDING ME! YOU’VE NEVER HEARD OF THE GREAT PROPHET CORNELLO?!” He shouted, utterly shocked. Edward looked at him with a blank face, slouching down in his chair. “Whats great about him?” He asked, bemused. A man from the bar leaned over to Edward. “He performs miracles for one thing! I’ve never seen anything like it!” Another man leaned in to Edward, grinning and holding a mug of beer. “This town was a godforsaken dust ball before Cornello got here and transformed it into a desert paradise!” Edward looked at the men, starting to feel slightly claustrophobic from how close they were to him. Other men started to crowd around. “Cornello can even forgive sins!”
    “Yeah! We’re on the Sun God’s good side because of him!”
    “He gives us blessings!”
    Edward groaned and covered his ears. “I JUST remembered! We have to be somewhere.” He sat up and looked at Alphonose. “You ready to spilt?” He asked. “Yeah, okay.” Alphonose said. Standing up, he bashed the little roof on the stall they were sitting at. The radio on the top toppled over and fell to the floor, smashing into pieces. The merchant stared at it in horror. Alphonose looked at it too. “Oops.” He said innocently. The merchant looked at Alphonose, glaring at him. “Now you’ve done it buddy! What’d you expect wearing a stupid tin suit!?” He shouted.
    Edward put up his hand. “Don’t bust a lung, grandpa, we can fix it!” The merchant glared at Edward too. “It’s in a thousand pieces!” He shouted again. Alphonose looked at the merchant and sighed. “I’m sorry...” He muttered then went over to the broken radio. “Let me try.” Edward nodded, watching Alphonose. “Sure!” Alphonose took out some chalk and started to draw a circle around the radio. Creating marking on the inside, Alphonose finished and stood up. The merchant frowned. “Those markings, what’re they for?” He asked. Edward smirked. “Oh you’ll see in just a second! Its called a transmutation circle.” Alphonose looked down on it and then put his hands up, crossing them over above the radio. “Okay. Here goes.” A sudden bolt of lightning appeared and struck the radio sending up smoke everywhere. Everyone except the two brothers gasped in amazement. As the smoke cleared, Cornello’s voice came again from the radio which was perfectly fixed like before.

“If you are lost just follow I and you’ll find your way.”

Everyone gasped again. The merchant stared at Alphonose. “He’s really a man of prophets! You guys can perform miracles like Cornello!” He exclaimed. Edward looked at him, grinning. “Its nothing like that.” He said as Alphonose came back, carrying the fixed radio. “Its science.” Alphonose said. “We’re Alchemists.” He put the radio on the table. Edward nodded and looked at the merchant again. “We’re the Elric brothers. Not to brag or anything but we’re pretty well known.” The men around frowned at him.
    “Elrics? Not familiar.”
    “We don’t have any Alchemists in these parts.”
    “I fix things for a living though, let me know if you need a job!”
    Edward sighed as a woman beside them looked up. “He doesn’t NEED any work, that’s Edward Elric the FullMetal Alchemist. He’s quite a big celebrity around East City. They say he’s a real child prodigy.” The woman said as Edward frowned at her.