Fullmetal Alchemist: the Dead Alchemist

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Twilight_Nobody13, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twilight_Nobody13 Chaser

Human kind cannot gain anything without giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is Alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.​
    It was a dark and stormy night the night the Elric Brothers committed Alchemy's one and only taboo.​
    Human Transmutation.​
    The human body consists of several different elements that all can be bought on a child's allowance; but the human soul consists of nothing known to man. What could possibly equal the value of a human soul?​
    Eight years after the events of Fullmetal Alchemist:

After the revolt of Ishval, a small city to the east, and the settling of it's people back into camps where they could live peacefully, came the war with Drachma, the country to the north. The non-aggression pact had dissolved with the discovery of a tunnel leading underneath the mountains. Able to completely avoid the harsh climate of the snowy mountains, Drachma immediately moved into action. Mobilizing their forces they brought a rain of fire down on Amestris.

The new Fuherer Roy Mustang, in retaliation, deployed the military along with the State Alchemists to end the war quickly. The rest followed protocol...until it came to harboring survivors in a city north of North City. Once found, the city was promptly wiped off the map of Amestris. But each war is not without fatalities.

North City:

"Survivors have holed up in our northern most city. Drive them out. No matter the cost, we must defend Amestris. I'm not taking no for an answer. Those are your orders, as State Alchemists."
    The orders were absolute. From the Fuherer Mustang himself. No Alchemist to this day understood exactly why he looked so pained while he said those words as they all barked off: "Sir, yes, Sir!"

Storming the city, civilian after civilian died. Mistaken for Drachmans or simply because they were in the way, people died none-the-less. Before the war an epidemic swept through the northern most city. It came fast and hit hard, killing dozens and leaving the rest weak. Stationed in that city at the time of the disease was one State Alchemists' husband. His name was Eli Rayleigh, First Lieutenant in the military. Despair rolled through the Alchemist and once more in the history of Alchemy, she committed the one and only taboo...

Seven Years Earlier:

Born to a common baker, twins were born and raised traveling to Central and back to North City. The Twins grew reading the books of Central's expansive library, learning and practicing Alchemy from the Alchemists they met during their stay. Their parents and the children, having survived the epidemic and less than half the war, thought they were safe from harm with the Alchemists coming to take care of the remaining portion of the war with ease. Alchemy tore apart the city. Alchemists who snapped under the pressure and sights of countless deaths returned to North City and soon...became mass murderers themselves. The Alchemists who returned murdered innocents of North City and soon it became known as the Northern Incident. Among the dead were the Twins' parents and one of the children. Left alone, the remaining child, having heard the stories of the Fullmetal Alchemist bonding his brother's soul to a suit of armor attempted the same and failed. For his failure the boy had everything inside him lower than his lungs and an entire arm stolen by the Gate. For the human soul was worth more than what he had offered.

Ten Years Later:

Dragging his heels the black haired young Alchemist wandered down the road towards Rush Valley, automail city. Reaching over to his left arm, he clutched at the shattered gears and frame of his automail arm. Ryuutaro Makaro, aspiring Alchemist, had nothing to his name and nothing in his pockets for a train ticket or food. "Ahhhhh....this is ridiculous. Wandering like this...I need some food." Cracking his eyes open at the sound of the bustling town ahead of him, he could barely manage the smile for his joy at making it all the way from Central. "Hey, it's Ryu, our very own little Alchemist!" Nerves shot, Ryu spun on his heels towards the automail shopkeeper and snagged his shirt collar with his automail arm, "Who're you calling a crazy hack who's the size of a microscopic bean!?" The shopkeeper only laughed, "If it wasn't thirty years too late, I'd say you were the Fullmetal Alchemist himself." Releasing him, Ryu huffed, "And why would I want to be that guy? Wait...did you say the Fullmetal Alchemist?" "You certainly have the same short temper." Twitching, Ryu fought to ignore the short comment. "But I heard that guy and his brother took up just being ordinary people. Though I wouldn't know much about that. Any information about them that used to come here just doesn't anymore." Frowning, Ryu flexed his mechanical fingers, "Oh yeah? And why's that?" He grinned,"The guy's automail mechanic moved back to where she came from. Haven't seen her since." "That so?" Shuffling away, he sighed. There wasn't much information on the Fullmetal Alchemist anymore and it was true...Ryu did everything in hopes of being at best like him but praying he could surpass Edward Elric's level.

Central:

"Miss...ah...oh, it's just you." Looking up over the stack of papers, a blue eyed soldier with the ranking of Colonel half smiled at the woman standing before him. "Did you need something today, Renee?" Renee Rayleigh, code named the Dead Alchemist, gave Colonel Samuel Havoc a chill down his spine each time she came to give a report or just check in. Even if he called her....he dreaded seeing her deadened eyes. Everyone at Central knew about the Dead Alchemist and what she had done to get her license as a State Alchemist. The first and only successful Human Transmutation was done by her at the cost of what she explained was giving up her own soul for that of another. "I left my report with the Second Lieutenant. Do not call me for a useless mission again." Turning on her heel, she left the building and Sam shuddered, "So cold..."

Rules:
    1) Follow the general Roleplaying Arena's rules
    2) No Power-playing,God-modding, auto-hitting, etc.
    3) No killing another person's character without their permission
    4) Despite being a Fullmetal Alchemist rp NONE of the canon characters will be playable
    5) Knowledge of the Fullmetal Alchemist series is not required as this is an original story
    (Roy Mustang is made Fuherer because I wanted him to be. It's not included in the anime/manga)
    6) Some knowledge on how transmutation works is required for Alchemists. (If you can't explain it logically it can't happen. Alchemy is science after all.)
    7) I will add more rules once I think of them. If I see it and make it a rule, I don't want to hear complaining.
    State Alchemist OC Sheet:
    Name:
    Personality:
    Bio: (Include how you obtained your State license)
    Alchemy Type: (each Alchemist is known for a certain kind of Alchemy. The Flame Alchemist most commonly manipulated the air and fire)
    Code Name: (Each State Alchemist is given a code name by the Fuherer based on their Alchemy type)
    My State Alchemist OC:

Name: Renee Rayleigh
    Appearance: [​IMG]
    Personality: Cold and deadened, uncaring and difficult to read
    Bio: Renee learned Alchemy from a lost book she found floating in the river and sought more after memorizing what the book contained. Before the Northern war, her husband was dying from the disease covering all of the Northern Area. Desperate to hold onto her love, she took her knowledge of equivalent exchange and attempted a human transmutation to restore what was being broken down by the disease. Backfiring, the Gate stole his body, mind and soul. Filled with despair, Renee attempted human transmutation once more half a year later and was stripped of her soul and rewarded with something less than what she'd bargained for. In order to gain the hidden knowledge of the Philosopher's Stone, she took the State Alchemist test and showed them what she'd created. Her creation, being called a successful human transmutation, earned Renee her license and the title of the Dead Alchemist. Since then, she's lived alone in a house in Central with her creation.
    Alchemy Type: Renee is adept at normal transmutations, but her specialty lies in temporarily reanimating the dead by transmuting a focused amount of life energy into their corpses.

Code Name: The Dead Alchemist

Military Solider OC Sheet:

Name:
    Personality:
    Bio:

My Military Solider OCs:

Name: Samuel Havoc

Apperance: http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/...ns/Shield/Random_White_Hair_Guy_by_30_Two.jpg

Personality: Light-hearted and dedicated. Easily frightened
    Bio: Samuel Havoc is Jean Havoc's son and pride and joy of Jean's life. Sam earned the rank of Colonel from his efforts in the Northern War. He holds a high respect for his father for being able to put up with Fuherer Mustang when he was only a Colonel himself. Sam holds an odd relationship with Renee Rayleigh due to her inability to show emotion.

Alchemist Outside the Military OC Sheet:
    Name:
    Personality:
    Bio:
    My Alchemist Outside the Military OC:

Name: Ryuutaro Makaro
    Appearance: black hair, green eyes, roughly 4'11
    Personality: short tempered, overly sensitive about his height and fractured mind
    Bio: Ryu is the son of a baker and a twin. His family was wiped out after the war by a rouge Alchemist. Trying to re-create the circumstances Edward Elric used to bind his brother's soul to a suit of armor, Ryu lost his left arm as well as the internal organs below his lungs.

2. CrownMoksha Decimo

Working on my characters

State Alchemist OC Sheet:
    Name: Vergil Cross
    Personality: Strong willed, kind-hearted, determined.
    Bio: Being the son of two parents who were in the military, Vergil decided to follow in their footstep, only as an alchemist. Fortunate for him, he had access to his parent’s collection of book, which he used to study up. So when he became 20, he left for central and to the required exam to become an alchemist. Upon passing, he was granted the title White Steel Alchemist since he was most proficient in weaponry.
    Alchemy Type: Steel (Weaponry and Shields)
    Code Name: The White Steel Alchemist
    Alchemist Outside the Military OC Sheet:
    Name: Gal Shroud
    Appearance: http://elwiki.net/wiki/images/thumb/SheathKnight_R.png/450px-SheathKnight_R.png
    Personality: Energetic, reckless and loyal
    Bio: Gale was an average man who grew with a curiosity for alchemy. This only grew when he heard about the Elric brothers. He wanted to know just what the limit to alchemy was, so he started using alchemy on his own.
    Military Solider OC Sheet:

Name: Fang Rhodes
    Personality: Cold and Calculative
    Bio: After being one of the many soldiers involved in the Ishval incident, Fang quickly proved his worth as a soldier. Even the loss of his right arm didn’t slow down his ascension up the ranks. By the time he was a general he’d already replaced it with an automail arm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.