Friend / Family Familiarity - The Buddy Term

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Amaury, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

There are two friends of mine who work at Fred Meyer, and by luck I ran into both of them on the same day when my mom and I were shopping about 10 minutes ago.

With the first one, I just said "Hey, (Name)!" and he responded with "'Sup, buddy!" and I just realized that I like it when my friends and my dad call me buddy. I was talking to my mom about it, and she said it has to do with familiarity -- we're friends, and we know each other, or something like that.

Share your thoughts on the subject in general or your own personal experienced. Discuss.

2. Fellangel Bichael May

Usually it shows how much of a bond you have with your friends and stuff. When people call you something else other than your name whether it be a nickname or something, it's usually a thing that you're more than just people who know each other.

Personally, it's easy to tell who my friends are and who the REALLY close friends are. Most usually call me by my name while others call me my other things whether it's a shortened version of my name or just insulting words like "Scrub." Kinda weird being called that, but a person wouldn't say that to a stranger.

3. Antidote Façade

My close friends and I all use nicknames for eachother, or other such derogatory terms... :3 That's our way with familiarity. When it comes to things like buddy (or 'mate' where I live), this is honestly something that doesn't bother me no matter who says it. Like I get some people don't like it, especially if they don't know the person, but even a stranger or whoever could address me as such and I wouldn't mind. It's just something I never think about.