For people who are getting 1.5 remix

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by benjizz, Aug 16, 2013.

1. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

2. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

I believe you meant to link this.

3. A Zebra Chaser

A lot of this video seems to just be assuming that you can 'simply' add these feature. Retroactive development on a decade old game is NOT an easy thing >.>
    As for why there's no action? That's harder to animate
    The HD cutscene comparison thing was... weird. KH1's cutscenes aren't 4:3...
    And the rest is just wouldn't it be cool if

But yeah, really only people who have ridiculously high expectations will be dissapointed by the 1.5 remake, anybody who has played ay other HD remake will realize that 1.5 has significantly more effort put into it than any other HD remaster so far

4. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

If I'm just paying for a sparkly version of an old game, the price isn't really worth it. Or the wait.

It's probably been stated before, but this is just a hold-me-over for KH3. Not to mention it's sort of a tease for those who will not be able to afford the PS4 itself.

5. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

It's also a clever way to get people to buy their ****.

6. Misty gimme kiss

Blur issues in Re:CoM: were present in the original, actually. It's much more apparent if you rip the FMVs directly from the game, but there's some hella weird blurring going on in Re:CoM in general.

Facial expressions: you can't expect them to change this--it would involve more work than already put in. iirc, they're doing the same thing with the FFX remaster (which had the same problem)

Theater Mode: Again, it's a remaster, not a remake.

Lack of action scenes in Days: This is "I wanted and expected" rather than "Square didn't do a good job." I agree that it would be cool to have a bit more action mixed in with the 358/2 Days scenes, but they had to take a very critical eye towards what needed (and didn't need) to be shown. They chose to focus on the emotion of the title, rather than the action. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the choice, but it's the choice they made. Furthermore, recreating some of the action scenes (like Xion's final battle) would mean additional modelling and animating, that would have greatly extended the timeline of the remastering the game (which was already far longer than it needed to be, since they basically had to reverse engineer KH1).

Character Models: The only really noticeable difference between the original Sora model and the Dream Drop Distance one is the lighter hair. It was done, once again, for time purposes--why create a whole new model for Sora when you have a perfectly good one from Dream Drop Distance? It simply doesn't make sense from a developer standpoint. Not only that, but it's more consistent to use the Dream Drop Distance model--Sora's hair gets unexplicably lighter after the first game. Same thing for Xehanort's Heartless.

The fact that they didn't repeat it for Re:CoM is weird, though.

Reaction Commands: Honestly I'd prefer this small problem (as the mushroom is the only case where I can imagine it being an issue) to having to scroll through the Command menu during heated battles.

Lip-sync: This is an issue in the Japanese version that will be a lot better in the English. The original Final Mix had English voice acting--thus, the lip sync will match the English. Once again, it's a remaster, not a remake--they weren't going to redo the lip sync for the Japanese version... especially when that means they'd ONCE AGAIN have to redo the lip sync when they released worldwide.

Sephiroth's Battle Quotes: It's a bug.

Honestly I would buy an HD remix if all they did was simply slap on a widescreen mod. The improvements they've done (not to mention it including Final Mix) are really above and beyond what most people have done for HD remasters--especially when there are some really horrid remasters out there (Silent Hill anyone?). Some of the things the video brings up are weird, but I'm not really bothered by them all that much. At the end of the day I think SQEX put an exceptional amount of effort into the remix and for $40, you really can't go wrong. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a fully redone KH with graphics and gameplay like the KH3 trailer, but I'd rather they focus their time/money on actually getting KH3 out. P:

7. Plums Wakanda Forever

Plus it'll rack in some more money off the series for Square :b

Anyway, watched the video. I'm in agreement with hatok: I don't think too many people will necessarily be too miffed about the default faces and what not. Ultimately it looks much better than the current games and did tack on a bit (reaction commands and a localized Final Mix).

Not to mention it is also consolidating the games to a single console, which makes it easier (and much cheaper) to get into KH than it previously was. I'm still certainly let down by some decisions (lack of action scenes for the Xion battle, etc.), but on the whole I'm sure it'll still sell like hot cakes.

8. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

On the topic of the mushroom and the fact that triangle causes your companions to come near, i'd say get them stuck somewhere or have them get knocked out. If that's possible, at least.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

I am more looking for the hd cutscenes for 358/2 days. The other games will be good but I think that is where you will see the biggest difference and I am excited for it because I actually like that game.

10. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

That just means there are more possibilities for those who love to create AMV's. I'm pretty excited for that as well, to be honest.

11. Aelin Best Waifu

And that is something I love to do. Higher quality scenes would be great for that. I am excited.

12. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

I guess I'm just one of those people with "too high expectations." There are a lot of things that they could've improved and I would've appreciated; but those don't really matter anymore since it's highly doubtful that Square will revisit these again.

This rerelease of the games is much better, I believe, in quality than the likes of the rerelease that the Silent Hill games got, that's for sure; but after buying the original games (and getting them as presents sometimes) over the last decade, I don't feel like it's worth the investment to buy KH1/Re:CoM/"Movie" all over again. Some additions are welcome (shifted/updated controls/menu and KH1:FM in English [was more of a selling point before the fan-made patch started taking off..]), but a good chunk of them I'm either not interested in (achievements/themes) or downright don't like (the "movie" that is Days or Ansem's model, among others).

Those are just my two cents.

Unrelated note:
    What employee in their right mind outright deletes/loses the source code for a highly popular and profitable game? No one backed that up somewhere? A lot of hours were probably wasted trying to tear apart the finished product.

EDIT:
    About the "default/fish faces" that Square left in KH1. They remade all/most of the Days cutscenes from scratch. From SCRATCH; I doubt that going in and making a few simple facial expressions to get rid of part of the MOUNTAIN of fish-faces in the first game would've been an unwelcomed addition.

13. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I had a look at the video. There are some pretty great points being made.

That promo image Square-Enix used of Maleficient and Riku months ago was a blatant example of false advertising. And I was surprised that while some models in KH1 were updated, they didn't bother doing the same in Re: CoM (ex. take a look at Ansem/Xehanort's Heartless in that game).

The blurriness in the original Re:CoM was annoying. I was hoping they would fix that here, but nope.

The lip sync issues must suck for the people playing this in Japanese, I feel bad for them.

That Sephiroth issue was a bug that I'm sure will be resolved in the NA version of the game.

As for no theater mode, look, I know it's a remaster, but seeing as how they took the effort to update some of the textures in KH1, as well as implement the reaction command in it, I fail to see why they couldn't even bother adding a theater mode.

I was so looking forward to a better sounding version of "The 13th Struggle" and "Graceful Assassin", but instead, the only theme remastered in Re: CoM is the highly overrated "Lord of the Castle" (sorry "Lord of the Castle" fans).

And yeah, wtf does the Star Seeker keyblade have anything to do with 358/2 Days. A Xion card would've made more sense -___-

And now, the Days movie... *sigh*... Ever since I first heard they were going to make a 358/2 Days movie, I was so happy, as the game's story has a special place in my heart (and probably the only reason I wanted to get this HD collection, other than the trophies of course). I imagined how all the battles from the game would look like as cutscenes, and was eagerly waiting to see how it turned out. But, I was really disappointed to see that they weren't there. Sure, the scenes included certainly looked beautiful, and the remastered 358/2 Days music was beautiful (enough to make me buy a HD 1.5 ReMix OST, if one ever comes out), but I do feel this was a missed opportunity.

Anyway, those are my 2 cents on the issue. However, despite my complaints, I still plan to get HD 1.5 ReMix when it comes out. I just hope HD 2.5 ReMix has far fewer issues.[DOUBLEPOST=1376716537][/DOUBLEPOST]

This.

14. libregkd -

15. Sorentas Traverse Town Homebody

There are certainly quite a few issues like the triangle button in KH1, fishfaces, Re:Com being a Re:Com, the bugs and game developers deleting source code. Im just happy its's all going to be on one console. But i still wish they remade 358/2 Days as a game.

16. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

Haha "ridiculously high expectations" don't make me laugh.How could anyone be dissapionted when receiving their prob favourite chilhood game with the finalix included. This is not aimed to dissapoint more like analysing all the things square did somewhat wrongly in the game lile false advertising with the fake screenshots.And the wrong japanese dub. I know it wasn t a remake but they could have at least put some effort in the default faces of Sora and coe. I mean they remade the whole of 358 fr scratch(almost) changing the faces is not going to hurt?
    This jist so people can see all the things SE could have done better[DOUBLEPOST=1376760703][/DOUBLEPOST]
    "Deep Analysis" this video is pionting out all the the minor things SE have done gone wrong or could haveimproved.Because overall tjey did a great job i admit that. But to ne honest i don't think anyone should be dissapointed by this game or declined to buy it. And he doesn t only point out the bad but he also talk about how good the reochesterd music was a good addition to the game as it still has its nostalgic feel to it but its sense of new at the same time. He even said and the end of his video that he loves kh and wants the best it.We all do. So i think this vid should change your mind in anyway about buying the game or not.it certai.ly did not change mine.So i would give props to this guy for findinv these points to leep us aware of what not to get too excited for[DOUBLEPOST=1376761150][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry for my ortograph btw i usually type with phone and make many mistake but i think i mak sense :p

17. Firechakram Traverse Town Homebody

Anybody think they'll release 1.5 Remix for download on the Playstation Store so that people will be able to play it an enjoy it for years to come without having to hunt for a physical copy? They should do that with the FFX/FFX-2 remaster as well.

18. libregkd -

19. Krowley Moderator

I keep seeing this deep analysis in my recommended videos list. (Fun fact; the channel host has uploaded our site's cutscenes and has more views than our official youtube channel. At least it's credited though) Valid points are made, but it seems more like "Expectations vs. actual delivery." The character models are refreshing, while still keeping Sora's original design. So long as they have the motion data, they can replace basically anyone with similar model structure, so that doesn't take much effort. Reworking sprites for bosses and enemies, including all new motion data in Days would take more time and work. (Thus why you don't see much action scenes)

While I too dream of better things, for what it is, the HD ReMix is fairly improved in it's remaster. If it means a shorter wait time for KH3, I'm sure all veteran fans will live on.

20. Firechakram Traverse Town Homebody

The lip-synching issue the Japanese version has is also present in the English version of the game's 358/2 Days movie. I've seen footage of the English version online, and they didn't bother to change the lip movements to match the English dialogue. And I think they're leaving Re: CoM untouched as well, which already had inaccurate lip synching.