First episodes of K-ON!

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Splodge, Mar 19, 2013.

?

Was the beginning of K-ON! weak?

1. yes, they were, but the rest is good.

50.0%
  2. Yes, but the show is bad.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, every episode is good.

50.0%
  4. No, they are the better epidoes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Splodge Twilight Town Denizen

When I first started watching K-ON! I stopped after about episode 4, but after my friend kept on telling me how amazing it was, I eventually started watching it again, and being a fan of the show, I find it odd that the beginning is weak, at least in my opinion. If you did think the same thing, watch it, because it is amazing. Do you think the same as me or do you think the first episodes are amazing?

2. Llave Superless Moderator

I felt as though they got better once Azusa joined, but then again I basically marathon'd Season 1, Season 2, and the movie.

I was hooked from the beginning due to the overall feel of it, I can understand if it was kind of hard to get through the first couple, but it does get better, and I liked it every second of the way.

3. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Oh, K-On!, you will never cease to intrigue me. Frankly, the show is pretty typical slice of life moe. It's basically Lucky Star if you took away the otaku bait and replaced it with music. So, really, at best, it's average. There's no real depth to the show as you're basically watching a bunch of cute girls do cute things and that's all there is to it.

Not to mention that the characters are largely just moe archtypes designed to appeal to the male audience. Yes, K-On! is seinen, despite having an entirely female cast and having no real objectionable content. The series targets men who would find the characters cute or attractive in some way. Not to mention the yuri subtext.

Yui is the carefree ditz who acts like she's half her age, Mio is the shy, quiet and "mature" one, Ritsu is the tomboy, Mugi is the one who lives in her own world and Azusa is the cute underclassman and the serious one. They're less characters and more archtypes. Hell, almost every episode is just the girls being goofy and drinking tea.

In other words, K-On!'s not very good in the first place as there's really nothing to it.

4. Mysty Unknown

K-On suffered in the beginning and was great in the middle of the first season and half of the second season. I haven't finished it yet because frankly its getting really dull and boring for me. I am half way through season 2 and am having a hard time watching them without being put to sleep.