Finished "A fragmentary passage" and a few things are now apparent.

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by burnitup, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

2. Yozora Archer

Is this a best waifu thread now?

Ok

Look at this sexy *****. Just tell me you wouldn't let her punch you in the gut as she laughs at your pain.
    [​IMG]
    protip:
    You fokken can't.

3. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Good thing we have Aqua, because this guy is spicy ^

4. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

this is tangentially lewd

he's doing this only for sora

yt2346.png

5. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

That's why she has the ice cream mini-game.

6. Hayabusa Venomous

7. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

[​IMG]

>Aqua's really quick to save her friends. She doesn't think twice about helping them when they're in danger.
    >Sora's really quick to save his friends. He doesn't think twice about helping them when they're in danger.
    >Roxas's really quick to save his friends. He doesn't think twice about helping them when they're in danger
    >Tron's really quick to save his friends. He doesn't think twice about helping them when they're in danger.

I can say this about literally any character in this franchise who's ever been playable. Fuck, you can say all this about Riku and he actually tried to sacrifice his friend to the dark lord. And all of these characters have had self-doubt and low esteem at one point.

Seriously, all this thread talks about is her martyrdom... All of it...

8. cstar stay away from my waifu

Praise be the dark lord, a h'yuck.

9. Hayabusa Venomous

I even brought that up too :\

10. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

the new kh protagonist in next kh series (cant believe i have to say that) hates their friends. in fact instead of the set donald+goofy and whatever disney character of the world, its just characters permadying cause protag dont care, its fire emblem basically.

"somebody come quick" goofy says
    no one comes

11. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

inb4UnderTale

12. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

idk about that but shes the only female character besides larxene that isnt a literal clone/copy of kairi so at least she doesnt have that baggage on her

since im talking about kairi clones i cant remember how xion was written but her place in the series always felt extremely shoehorned just so she could fill the place of the gorl of the days trio. days would have been just if not more poignant if it was just about axel and roxas.

namine was ok and had a decent role in the series.

i really need to give the whole series a go again soon i am grossly ill prepared for kh talk. that and im super tired lmao.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  13. cstar stay away from my waifu

]

It's 5am as I write this, so if this seems incoherent I apologize. It'll be funny to read in the morning.

Well, Aqua has been in the playable character slot. No other Kingdom Hearts female really has... I mean unless you count the fact you can play Xion in 358/2 days.

"Development" to me does not automatically make a character just automatically better to me. Sora is one of my least favorite characters in Kingdom Hearts and he has had the most amount of time to "develop". Aqua has been given more of a shot to react and grow than some characters and I just don't get it I guess.

Xion was a character literally written in and out of a story in a single game and was a clone of an already existing character... and I felt about the same for Xion as I felt for Aqua at the end of their respective games.

Aqua is very pretty character and she has a moral compass I can at least understand. But Namine had some decent development in Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II. And she was a "side character". I feel like Namine learned from what she went through in Chain of Memories and wasn't a very static character. Aqua feels more static to me. I don't feel like she really had an arc in Birth by Sleep. Maybe her story was supposed to be "don't put business over friends" but it wasn't a very well done message that resulted in her becoming a martyr.

I have no defense for Kairi. Kairi just seems like she was made to be a trophy and then they realized "we should probably make her a character" in Kingdom Hearts II and... I don't think it worked there either.

14. 61 No. B

aqua is best and its entirely bc
    1. her outfit
    2. her character

15. Plums Wakanda Forever

Aqua's character is basically martyrdom, I agree, and it is telling of how little development the characters have gotten in the series (save Riku who's probably grown the most). There are flashes of more interesting character traits with Aqua over the series that would be great to explore tho. Like when she got to Cinderella's world for the first time, she sensed the darkness in the stepmom & step-sisters and...brought out her Keyblade to walk into their house to murder them. I remember playing it while talking to a friend on Skype and just saying "AQUA WHAT THE ****????????"

And then game just glosses over that like it never happened! BBS paints her as the one (imo) most devout to following Eraqus' way of teaching, so they do have a chance to do something interesting with that given Sora and co's higher acceptance towards darkness as a legitimate aspect of the worlds, and the fact Riku exists & probably still reeks (ha) of that dank Nort he was on for a few games. But knowing Nomura, it probably won't happen at all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

16. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

i already made my choice for Best Girl of 2017

[​IMG]

17. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Regarding Xion, a lot of people don't like her because she's a clone of Kairi. And she is. That's the POINT of her. She's literally supposed to be a stand-in for Kairi.

The point of Xion's arc (and Namine's, as well) was to be a subversion of Mary Sue and other fandom tropes of the time. The self-insert Mary Sue was a HUGE topic of debate in the mid-2000's KH fandom. Namine was admittedly handled better, as she was supposed to be a representation of those sort of self-inserts that axe off the main girl and replace them with yourself, which were very very popular circa 2004.

By the time 2009 rolled around, the fandom had matured to a point where, no, they didn't axe off the main girl anymore, but they still got shoved to the side in favor of the sparkly Mary Sue girls that had every power ever and they were sooooper important to the main plot and everything revolves around them because this and this and this, which is what Xion was supposed to be a representation of.

Both characters were supposed to take that trope and turn it on their heads. Like I said, Namine was ultimately handled much better and that was partially due to her arc being very early in the series. By the time Xion rolled around, people were a lot more jaded, and while Xion's story did work, it didn't work as well as Namine's did.

Kairi is still my favorite though.

18. burnitup Still the Best 1973

You know when I started this thread I was not expecting a Waifu War.

19. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

I'M SO HAPPY IT TURNED INTO A "YOUR WAIFU IS SHIT" THREAD.

It's everything I wanted.

[​IMG]

20. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I'm not saying its a bad thing, because I can now use this:
    Waifu.jpg