Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage Final Thoughts

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Dravoo, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

After a slow go thanks to prioritizing school I finally got to where I can put a final thought on KHDDD and 0.2
    Figured I'd share.

Looking back I dont really have any entries on 2.8 that I feel I'll play again. 0.2 was beautiful, the Master of Masters in BC amusing, but there isn't really anything there to make me wanna go back.

How was everyone's final thoughts on it?

2. Zgermanguy Destiny Islands Resident

I am mostly happy that the old combat system has returned the cards are...fine but the problem is that I can only choose a couple of different controlls allf of which make it so hard to select a spell like cura while I also have to be carefull not to get killed by a boss.

3. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

Cards? Thought you was referring to CoM for a minute. If you mean the command menu, just set cure to a shortcut. Making sure you dont get killed is an issue in every game. Unless you have leaf bracer. I'm not sure if 0.2 had a leaf bracer ability now that I think about it...

4. Zgermanguy Destiny Islands Resident

there was a shortcut? aaaah dang it!

5. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

Every Kingdom Hearts game has shortcuts. KH1, KH2 and 0.2 have a shortcut menu set to L1 I think. You can use magic much quicker.
    Re:CoM has a shortcut which takes you to the top of your deck
    BBS has a similar shortcut to Re:CoM
    The original DDD had the same shortcut of BBS but it seems it was taken out in the 2.8 version which I assume is due to the shift controls
    I can't remember if ReCoded had one or not but since all the deck command systems are based on the card system of CoM I'd assume it does

Just explore your help or tutorial tabs or even just play with buttons or explore the start menu, you'll find something eventually.

6. Mixt The dude that does the thing

2.8 version of DDD definitely has L1 as a shortcut button. I've been using it.

As for my take on 0.2. My favorite part is probably how they merged the KH2 magic system and the command system. Granted there were 3 moves to make and only one command style, so even in the short game it got repetitive really quick.

The wardrobe system surprised me since I expected to ignore it, but actually had some fun with it. Maybe it was because the objective system was right up my alley and then if I earned stuff I was going to use it gosh dang it. My only real gripe with the objective system is that it lacked organization features. I would want to look at uncleared objectives by location, but you just got everything in a giant list.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  7. Dravoo Traverse Town Homebody

The customization was pretty neat. It irks me to no end when a game has costumes or accessories that won't show up in-scene but this game was meant to be a short Kh3 teaser so I can understand the choice.
    I also found the list a bit annoying. It kinda confused me at times but I got a surprising number of them. I'm no completionist so I have no drive to finish the list (like the leveling) but I did like the extra to do list.

#MakeTheCrossStitchSleevesHerOutfitNomura