Square-Enix Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Jun 2, 2009.

1. libregkd -

2. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

Interesting, though I'm still not going to buy this, I guess it depends on the monthly payment.

Interesting, however I doubt I'll even buy this, I guess it depends on how much I have to pay monthly.

3. xXRhian+RoxasXx Gummi Ship Junkie

4. libregkd -

5. Stardust Chaser

I'm interested in seeing how this turns out... Sometimes when Square tries something new it doesn't end well (ex. Dirge of Cerberus). Also, how many more FFs are they planning? Wasn't a statement released some time ago that they were going to stop at 15? Just curious.

6. jafar custom title

Probably not going to buy it because of the monthly fee I can't afford. But that is an interesting prospect they have there. Makes the whole experience more unique and sets it aside from other MMOs and FF11.

7. libregkd -

8. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

9. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Despite my parent's raging on about having monthly fees and despite the fact that MMORPG's aren't my forte, I think it still looks pretty cool. I just really hope that the new battle system will be able to work out smoothly and if it does, it might just have me convincing my parents like crazy to get this game eventually.

10. libregkd -

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I might actually buy this game now. Monthly fee or not.
    No Leveling sounds more...realistic. I'm pretty interested to see how this works out

12. Kites Chaser

I agree it does sound more realistic. And even though when S-E tried something new with FFVII: DoC and didn't do so well on it, this doesn't seem as much of a drastic change in the type of game it will be.
    It looks nice, but I'm not sure if I need or want this game. Sometimes I think Square gets a bit ahead of themselves when it comes to announcing games then releasing them so many years later.

13. libregkd -

14. Kites Chaser

15. The Graceful Assassin It's Just Like Christmas Morning

I'm probably gonna consider buying it. I saw the trailer on E3, and it looked pretty good.

16. Ven The Keyblade Master Twilight Town Denizen

Having fun locked in a closet with Kairi 8D
    It looks amazing, compared to FFXI Online, which was still pretty fun for a while...until we got KH2 and FFXII and everything..then basically the PS3 came out.

17. Solid Snake Kept you waiting, huh?

Wasn't the grind of FFXI what made FFXI such a long experience?

18. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

First off, with FFXIII:

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/1736/ffxiiidissidiaaug19scan.jpg

EDIT: Here's some high quality scans featuring more of Yaag Rosch and Odin, Lightning's summon

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/8364/ffxiiiaug24scan1.jpg
    (You can just sense the evil in his squinting...)

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/724/ffxiiiaug24scan2.jpg

Reveals yet another new character named Jill Nabato. She works for the Holy Government as a Lieutenant Colonel in the world of Cocoon (you might also have seen her in many previous trailers). Also shows Odin in action.

Final Fantasy XIV

At Gamescon, there were clips of gameplay being shown, featuring each of the different races within the game. The video links can be found here:

http://community.livejournal.com/ff_compilations/134586.html

(^I haven't seen these my self yet)

And finally, there will be an international version for Dissidia (because the Japanese can never be left out with all the goody stuff the American/European versions have) called Dissidia Final Fantasy: Universal Tuning, as seen in the FFXIII scan above. Again, all the stuff from American/European release will be included in this. So I guess this means that online play will be compatible overseas? We'll see when it's released November 1 for UMD and PSN Downloadable.

Discuss and all.

19. libregkd -

20. SoKuRi777 Destiny Islands Resident

Dissidia Final Fantasy: Universal Tuning eh well that should be .... wait I can't think of anything to say how about "interesting" yeah that works.