Square-Enix Final Fantasy XIII: Fabula Nova Chrystallis

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Xaldin, Oct 2, 2006.

1. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

My inital thought was, 'Lucky dafties', but then i saw the rest of your post and the picture. I laughed. It's rather pointless. If it had some sort of design on it, aye, that'd be awesome, but plain white? They should've left it. Of course, there will be some fanatics that will fork out the cash for it.

2. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

Well Sony may want to hurry up and grab a bundle if they can as well. It would be great though if Sony made a Yakuza bundle, it would sell well I can tell you that.

3. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

4. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Bigger harddrive, which is only available through this bundle and the (discontinued due to being limited edition) Modern Warfare 2 bundle, a more or less free extra controller, everything that comes with the Elite and a more or less free copy of the game. Plus the added bonus of having the silver disk tray face on a white console considering that the Pro is no longer available (new anyway).

Yeah, such a stupid and pointless bundle. Really, the only thing I don't get about this bundle is the second controller. Still, a more or less free controller is kind of nice.

Also, why should we compare this to the Japan-exclusive PS3 bundle?

5. libregkd -

6. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

7. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

It has been made official today, and actually better then what we thought.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/02/11/xbox.360.gets.new.250gb.bundle.faceplate/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doesn't say where you get the faceplates but my God I want it. o.o

8. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Now that i would buy!...if i had the money or was consideing buying a xbox.

The faceplate is fab!

9. Alpha Sonix Why so asymmetrical?

I love the faceplate. That alone just makes me want to buy a 360. Though I'm wondering why the bundle comes with two controllers.

10. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

Its probably a standard thing. This is effectively the same bundle as the Modern Warfare 2 bundle, but in white and with a different game. Its probably that Microsoft has determined the 250 Gig harddrive, two controllers and game are to come with all the new bundles.

Besides, can you really complain about a more or less free controller?

11. libregkd -

12. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

So, these photos were simply photoshopped?

And lol, at the fanboy comments. xD

13. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

The contents of the box is actually great.
    Who wouldn't want one of the most important games of this Gen, a 250GB console and an extra controller for such a cheap price?

But I'm thrown off by the faceplate. I majorly dislike it.
    It was cool when I first saw it, but things can get pretty bland with that thing staring at you all the time. The PS3 Lighting is much more artistic.

Otherwise, this is still a pretty good buy from US owners who have neither of the current-Gen consoles and wish to get FFXIII.

14. libregkd -

15. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

It's funny. I've read a few posts (from various sites) of folk planning on not buying FFXIII due to what they've read on sites, such as the graphics controversy and the battle system. To be honest, they're all a bunch of eejits. They really should stop looking so hard into pictures and just wait for the game to arrive. It's graphics are just a plus, and any differences won't be that noticable to the eye unless you stare at comparable screens side by side....which someone probably will.

Folk are only killing the game for themselves.

16. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

To be honest, I'm not really that bothered about the graphics. They're more of a nice bonus to me than central to the experience. I've heard a lot of talk about how FFXIII is going to be more linear than other installments, too. I don't mind that, either. So long as I enjoy myself while I'm playing, I'm fine with it, photoshop or no.

17. The Lone Wanderer Twilight Town Denizen

I was going to get the game for 360 but my brother bought a PS3 recently, so I just got it for PS3 instead. Honestly, even if there is a slight difference I wouldn't care.

18. Misty gimme kiss

From the thread that libre posted a link to:
    Truth. I'm not even interested in playing this game (see: I have a PS2 and the first Xbox) but even I've seen the fanboy comparison arguing. It's insane. If I had an eye for this really, I'd have to guess that the PS3 version probably does look better, simply because it's the PS3, but that doesn't mean the 360's version is going to be a horrible or noticeable difference.

Like everyone else said, graphics aren't everything.

19. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Well actually, most Multiplatform games look slightly better on the 360, which is sometimes due to lazy developers and whatnot.

Otherwise, I have to agree with your post. Most games get comparisons, and it always ends with fanboy rage. The whole console war thing is getting more and more ridiculous as time passes on.
    Said game has better graphics on said console?
    Whoop de doo. What do you win?

20. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

Looked at the screens for both. Decided PS3 looked minutely better. Probably because the game was originally made for it and ported to the 360 during development. Doesn't make a difference to me, regardless of how nice either version looks I'm probably not buying this game. Not for more than 30 bucks at the very most, since I don't see it being much more than eye candy at this point anyways.