Square-Enix Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Glen Returned from the dead

After seeing what they did with the KH 1.5 HD Remix, let me tell you I want this remaster. The very second I have enough money to get it i'm going to have to fight off every urge to get it. I have heard some of the music in it redone, and while they don't have the exact same feel as the originals, they bring a whole new feel to things. Graphically, it looks better. Why wouldn't it? It's a HD Remaster XD but ffx was the first ff game I ever played, and if I had the opportunity to get this and go through it again I would take it without hesitation.

2. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

Its such a great game!
    Its not as well done as KH1.5, but that will never happen lol. The cinematics are just as if its real tho. I love the game & the fact that it has the Dark Aeons & peneance & more monster aera is so sweet. im about to fight Yunalesca and i love it just as much as i did when i was 12 and playing it :P

3. A Zebra Chaser

I found the softer music sounds signicantly better, but more intense music sounds messy, like the battle theme
    With the graphics, the main character models are just sub-ps3 quality now, but it makes it REALLY weird when they interact with the rest of the early PS2 models that don't have fingers

4. Shika93 Merlin's Housekeeper

I don't like new ost. Too soft, too echos. It's like a midi of FF4
    OMG!!!! What the hell is that???????
    This is how destroy a perfect game! I liked how is ended FFX-2 though story is unsatisfactory.
    Why Yuna is an Yeveoner? Why she pray again? In X-2 she never pray, never sent, nothing. She acted like Lara Croft and nothing else. How can Sin return? Yuna sent him at the end of FFX with all aeons, Yu Uevon, Jecht, Braska, Auron and Tidus.

5. A Zebra Chaser

So I've been playing FFX-2HD lately, and there's another thing
    X-2 shows multiple Shoopufs
    Yet a major plot point of the audio drama is that the last Shoopuf died and there were no other Shoopufs to reproduce

6. libregkd -

7. libregkd -

8. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Mother of hell. Legit the WEEK after I get it for the PS3 <_<

9. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

While I'm not sure it would happen, I do hope they provide a free download code or discount for those who already got it on the PS3/Vita.

10. libregkd -

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  11. Hayabusa Venomous

It's still so weird to me that we're getting a re-release of a re-release, but I'm glad there's cross-save and the original soundtrack as an option.

12. libregkd -

13. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

I don't know I kind of feel like a moron for being excited for a re-release of a re-release, and to me its sort of a convenience thing. I have almost no space in my room and having all of my consoles hooked up at the same time gets really annoying. So being able to play it on my PS4 instead of PS3 is awesome. However, I don't really see very many people in the same situation as I am. (More money than space).

Still hyped about it tho

14. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

Oh that's right near my birthday! Well I know what I want for my birthday now.

15. Misty gimme kiss

ffx.png

TIME FOR ROUND FOUR

Convenience is a big part of it for me, too -- it's just easier and more enjoyable to play things on my PS4. I'm not rich enough to buy everything that is re-released for that reason, but for one of my favorite games, I don't feel too bad. Switching between the soundtracks is a big selling point for me too, they desecrated the Besaid Island theme and I want it back. I love Amano's art as well and will be happy to have physical copies of it, small as they may be (though I also like the cover for the PS3 release).

16. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Here's a trailer for the PS4 release:

17. Hayabusa Venomous

Kind of annoying how much CG they showed in the trailer, but it looks decent in-game. Not sure how many people BESIDE MISTY who will double/triple-dip.

18. Misty gimme kiss

JUST TRY TO STOP ME

I'm actually really pleased with the trailer, even if I agree that it's somewhat dishonest in showing primarily the FMVs. The PS3 remaster trailers gave away the (huge) spoiler that . I understand these are remasters and a lot of people already know that, but there are also a lot of people who never played FFX that I try to coerce into buying the remasters and it sucks if they're spoiled.

19. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Every time I think Square has finally learned their lesson, they keep making their games PlayStation exclusive. Come on, Square, you gave Xbox players FFXI, FFXIII (even if the game is trash), Type-0 and you're going to give us FFXV, why can't w have FFX? At least there's a legitimate reason for no Xbox versions FFXIV.

Also, it seriously should have had FFXII in the collection as well.

20. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Not trying to be "that guy" but if a company known for putting exclusives on sony consoles, puts exclusives on sony consoles, that shouldn't be much a surprise at this point. There is a reason that people buy consoles for exclusives, because they want to play them lol. Not trying to turn this into a console war (because both fall before the mighty PC) but if you want to play games like this, buy a ps4 instead.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015