Square-Enix Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

Hymn of the Fayth FTW! Best music in any game ever imo :)

2. libregkd -

3. A Zebra Chaser

Loving this remastered OST more and more
    Still can't tell if they improved the animation or just took the best animated cutscenes for the trailer
    Blitzball looks as clunky as ever

4. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

I am so happy that they finally included "The Last Mission".

5. libregkd -

6. A Zebra Chaser

Loving Auron's theme and Sights of Spira (Is that Sights of Spira? I can't remember)
    But dammit they didn't fix the animation. All the improved models in the world don't count for much without decent animation backing them up

7. Antidote Façade

Something I noticed - is Yuna doing some sort of...summoning chant when she's calling on the aeons? I don't recall that ever happening in the NA/EU version. I'm sure she just stood there with glazed eyes, flailing her arms around.

It's not really a big deal but just a little something I found interesting.

8. Mysty Unknown

I'm not sure if this was said already, but Square finally came out with the US and AUS release date for the game for both the Vita and the PS3. March 18th was the date given. Just glad for a release date in general.

9. libregkd -

10. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

At least the trophies here are much more bearable than KH 1.5's lol. You don't have to play through the game at least twice!

Anyway, they sound straightforward enough, so looking forward to gettin' all dem trophies~

11. Antidote Façade

Ugh. Really not looking forward to the Penance trophy and those related to Via Infinito, though what did I expect eh. I remember playing the original with my big sister and us maxing out Yuna's luck so that we had a better chance of getting Yojimbo to use Zanmato. Getting 100% on these games = not fun times. .__.

12. ShibuyaGato Transformation

This'll definitely be one of my first physical Vita purchases. Probably won't have too much fun platting them, but it'll be nice to play through them both for the first time in HD.

13. libregkd -

14. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

15. Antidote Façade

Sooo... I've heard people are getting pretty ragey about the audio drama thing? I would be rather displeased myself at the idea of X-3, mainly because I don't want XV pushed even further to the bottom of their priorities >:

Are there any full translations floating around? I wanna see what this is all about.

16. Rayku Kingdom Keeper

Well they do have a right to rage, and apparently the audio drama is being translated for US/EU

Yuna and Tidus break up for mysterious reasons, the girl protagonist of the drama is apparently Auron's Daughter? And SIN COMES BACK.

17. A Zebra Chaser

Dunno why everybody stopped talking about this (at least in this topic) after it came out in Japan
    But here's the full remastered OST
    Most are pretty great, though some seem to not have had much thought put into them (Boss theme) a lot are just straight up quality upgrades, which is fine by me
    Apparently a LOT of people are complaining about how the OST is ruined and doesn't capture the original's spirit at all... which I find funny especially when they bring up To Zanarkand, because it's literally the same thing but with a better sounding piano

18. Antidote Façade

I've been listening to them as they've been made available and I honestly think they sound amazing. To Zanarkand sounds a lot better with the re-worked piano. When you listen to the old OST, it's obvious it hasn't aged well so these tweaks were necessary no matter how little.

Still, maybe if they included an option to choose between the original and re-mastered soundtracks you could cater to both preferences.

19. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah, it's hard for people to not get caught up in the nostalgia of the original, so I think there will be people who will prefer the old one over the new one no matter what. I'll take a listen to most of it today and see how I like it as a stand-alone. Hopefully it'll be just as good as how I liked KH 1.5's remastered soundtrack. :x

20. A Zebra Chaser

Here's the audio drama, in English, for those who care

God is it ever fanfic-y