Fighting, style or strength?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by TAFKAA8, Jul 11, 2007.

?

What weapon is best?

1. Lance, a long stabbing weapon to kill enemies at a moderate distance.

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. Standard Sword, versatile and easy to learn.

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Projectiles(If so name it), no danger if your enemies die far away.

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. Specialized Swords(if so name it), style and presicion wielding above all.

20 vote(s)
    32.8%
  5. Halberd, powerful stabbing, hacking, and bludgeoning, all at a nice range.

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  6. Clubs, cutting may not work but crushing will.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Knives, kill close up without being seen Also makes for a nice projectile.

6 vote(s)
    9.8%
  8. Dao or Voulge, a blade on a stick. Cuts like a sword at a safe range.

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  9. Other(If so name it.)

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  10. Who cares about a bunch of antiques?

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meh Gummi Ship Junkie

Great idea, relying on staying in your comfort zone at all times is a great weakness. You step out of it, and any slip or mistake is extremely deadly.

2. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

I've heard that you should use 3 weapons:
    First one that has the most power, killing potential and could be seen by your enemy, such as a sword or spear.
    Second woul be concealed and usually used if you lost your main weapon, such as a chain weapon or whip.
    Last should be a ranged weapon, like darts, throwing knives and sometimes a projectile shot from the sleeves, back or feet.

If I had to chosse a weapon it would be a meteor hammer, info on it here and a pic here.
    I mean if it was used by a master it would be very dealy.

3. TAFKAA8 Banned

Nice. Only thing is. You mentions meteor hammers (cool and deadly) and steel whips(I assume) they're really hard to use. I'm good with a sword or spear. Knife... eh I'm alright. But I can't for my life do much with loose weapons. They have good power and range and speed but the time it takes to learn much less master is just not worth it to me. But, to each they're own. I like rope dart a little better. It doesn't hurt as much when I hit myself.

4. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Chain weapons are usually hard to wiled because of gravity affects it more than ther weapons, but once used properly it can be on of the deadlist weapons, able to kill silently (strangulation), at a distant (usually only if a point is attached and is very effective in defending and disarming. It could have the bests Pros but it has the worst Con (difficulty of learning).

Rope darts are basically knives with string attached, it is effective for a surprise attack, even in long range but can easily defeated with a spear or pole.

May I ask why you won't touch Hook swords?

5. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

I think it is important in a battle how you are laying a strategy. Bad strategy = fail. But also if you are thrown into a battle it's also important how you lay a strategy fast and think.
    And of course what's the stats and if you are in a good position and how good you are and how you can fight.
    When you can combine all that your a good fighter.
    So I can't really pick an opinion.

6. TAFKAA8 Banned

They scare me. There is a hooked blade no threat for me. Theres a crescent hand guard, a bit on the hard side but I'd deal. Third, there's these huge spikes coming off the pommel. They each are like five inches long and are sharp. I'd impale myself. Anyways like I said two swords are really worse than one for most people. BTW Training rope darts have no blades, just the same weight and shape. That's what I've got.

7. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Usually two swords are used for two for defense, one for attack one for defense and two for attack. It is hard to learn because you have to think of where both of your hands and weapons are at the time.

Have you ever used Guan Daos?

8. TAFKAA8 Banned

Nopers. I've never used one. I think they're expensive, am I right? Also, finding a decently weighted one seems like it'd be hard. I hate wushu weapons. They feel like they have no mass at all. It's hard to make them work without a perception of where they are. I do know how to use one though. In theory. It should be like a spear and a sword combined as far as base theory goes right?

9. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Should be, like a sword with a very long handle, and not really sure how much they cost, they were invented by Guan yu (supposedly) for defeating cavalry units but became very adatable in ground combat.

What styles do you know of in hand-to-hand combat and weapons?

10. TAFKAA8 Banned

You're right Lord Guan invented it it was even supposed to weigh over a hundred pounds. I doubt that though.

Hand to hand? I'm not sure. Ny dad teaches me his own original style. It's based off of the concept of negating range advantages by taking the inside. My teacher in class is Shorin-ryu. He however teaches sport karate as well as self defense compatible techniques. I'd say I've taken some of that some from movies and boxing and tried to combine it. So I don't know if it's good having never been in a real fight. But, at half power it's useful against black belts in sparring. Only thing is I can't continuously block well.

Weapons I'm self taught all the way.

11. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Intresting, I wonder how you would face in battle, but that won't happen anytime soon.

you don't have to answer this but are you quite strong or not so and are you tall or short. (If you do answer please be truthful. I am asking this because it would be easier to know what weapon would suit you the most.)

12. TAFKAA8 Banned

Well, if you must know. I'm 5'8", 150 or 160 lbs. I dunno strength is relative. People say I'm strong but I don't know how true it is. I know I can hit hard though.

13. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

You would probably be best suited with a large saber or halberd but if you are quite fast at moving then a spear. But this may be untrue, only speulation.
    Sorry I have been asking so many questions.

14. TAFKAA8 Banned

You almost seem like a stalker or internet predator. Okay not really. You'd be right-ish with your assumption. I do prefer the plum blossom sword or just plain saber as it's called in most cases. Though I'm more concerned with looking good sometimes.

I wonder what makes a good fighter. Really if you think about it, it's hard to say. In these fights of Mixed Martial Arts the winner is usually more skilled. However in some cases they have more endurance or a higher pain threshold. Other times they have sheer power and still lose. It's really weird.

15. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

You need to know what to do at the right time. Timing is key and how you control your body (and maybe a weapon) to keep at the peak of work.

16. TAFKAA8 Banned

Yeah, that's true. If you hit someone off timing it'll half your power or worse set you up for failure. But, you can use timing to your advantage. If you're good enough you can counter a counter or any attack or defense well enough to end the match then and there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.