Fight

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by ClawtheCyclops113, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClawtheCyclops113 Traverse Town Homebody

This one boy in my class likes to talk smack about me and I said hes going to get beat, we were about to get into a fight but we didn't. Any advice

2. 61 No. B

no.

just... no.

stop pretending light fighting will make you cool, stop thinking that if you fight that will somehow solve your problems, and stop thinking high school problems are important.

3. ClawtheCyclops113 Traverse Town Homebody

Well I don't know what to do then

4. Jayn

/Moved to Help With Life.

Put some more content into your posts, please. Stay on topic. Etc.

5. ClawtheCyclops113 Traverse Town Homebody

thank you very much jayn, i appreciate it

6. jafar custom title

you need to control your temper dude. you get pissed off easy on here and in real life. i can't tell you not to be angry because you have every right to your emotions. but you gotta find alternate ways to a solution. violence isn't the answer. and you're probably not gonna get him to change his attitude. but you can change your attitude. you can be mad, you can be angry, but don't get into a fight. no matter what, it's just gonna have a bad outcome.

7. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

I'm going to sound very blunt, but it's best to just ignore the other person and not take things people say too seriously. People said crap about me in high school growing up, some prett rude crap too. You just need to stop taking every small, probably insignificant,"smack talk" as an attack. People suck, and sometimes they will say stupid crap to make themselves feel better. By responding to it, you're just encouraging him.

And as for fighting, that's a pretty stupid idea. You'll probably get hurt and you both will be in a load of trouble when it's all said and done. And, yet, nothing gets accomplished after the end of the fight. Nothing will change, except for a few bruises.

So, what is the better choice, ignoring the person and avoiding a dumb fight, or take every small negative comment personally, end up bruised, and have nothing to show for it?

8. ClawtheCyclops113 Traverse Town Homebody

I dont care, and i will change his attitude, hes not gonna stop talking smack about me[DOUBLEPOST=1353990631][/DOUBLEPOST]
    This ones a rumor about me.

9. jafar custom title

then what the hell do you need advice on? how to tear him to pieces? we're trying to help you and not getting into a fight the the guy is probably the best advice you're going to get.

10. ClawtheCyclops113 Traverse Town Homebody

Then he gonna keep talking smack about me then

11. 61 No. B

Do you really want to know?

You're in 9th grade.
    Accept that anything other than your academics in high school is completely irrelevant to anything that has any semblance to being even slightly worthwhile.
    If you learn this early on you will spare yourself so many problems by realizing that you are only there for 4 years, and then after that the only thing that will matter is how well you did in school.

Also, if you feel like you are able to and you have the option, take honors or AP classes.
    They are a great way to escape this sort of thing.

12. Amaury Legendary Hero

I will also be blunt.

It doesn't matter! Two wrongs don't make a right.

Violence is never the answer; you should know this at your age. There are multiple alternative solutions that you can do besides fighting: talk to your parents, talk to the teacher of the class he's in, talk to the principal, and several other options.

Getting into a fight with someone will not change them. You need to be the bigger person and ignore it.

13. ClawtheCyclops113 Traverse Town Homebody

im not gonna be a snitch.

14. jafar custom title

Well, that's his deal. Either talk to a teacher and have them help or ignore him. Fighting IS NOT the solution.[DOUBLEPOST=1353991183][/DOUBLEPOST]
    you're not being a snitch if he's doing something to hurt you and your reputation. he's hurting you and you have to do something about it, but with non-violence.

15. Amaury Legendary Hero

So you'd rather get bullied than tell an adult so it stops!?

There's a difference between going to your parents or whoever for every little thing (e.g., "Mom! The baby drooled on my dress!" "Mom! He took one of my cookies!" "Mom! My brother is being annoying!") and going to them for a legitimate issue, such as bullying.

Bullying is a serious issue and should not happen.

16. Loriah Banned

Well, if you guys fought--would it solve anything? Really, though...a lot of times when people pick fights with someone, they think it will solve the problem but it just doesn't. You'll get suspended from school and would have to not attend school for weeks. Someone at the school I attend started a fight with this bully and got in trouble. Don't start fights. It's just stupid.

17. ClawtheCyclops113 Traverse Town Homebody

it kinda does. if i do, he gonna tell the whole school im a snitch

18. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

That is probably the stupidest unwritten rules of youth, or of a lot of society for that matter. This guy is, according to you, attacking you, and you're just okay with it? I thought you wanted it to stop? Telling an adult is the smartest and quickest way to get things fixed. And if you really put trust in the "sacred rule" then you broke it by telling us on KHV.

19. ClawtheCyclops113 Traverse Town Homebody

he wont be for long[DOUBLEPOST=1353991330][/DOUBLEPOST]
    hes gonna start it. not me[DOUBLEPOST=1353991364][/DOUBLEPOST]
    im not ok with it actually

20. 61 No. B

So you're going to ignore the people who are trying to help by providing solutions that will not have a negative effect on you, in favor of a "solution" that will hurt you more than it will hurt him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.