Fifty shades of no way

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Patman, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Patman Bof

I just hanged up the phone, I was talking with my best friend' s daughter. I' m helping her with her bad grades in math and I figured I might as well download some movies or series in their original English for her. She wouldn' t understand a word of it just yet without subtitles, but it would help her to get an ear for the language.

The last time I saw her I gave her the first season of Buffy, she' s a Twilight fan so I figured she would like it. It' s the same thing except it' s good. Wrong. Apparently it scared her. So I asked her if there was a series or a movie in particular she has yet to watch and would like to.

She told me "Well there is that movie called 50 shades of something ..."
    "I' m gonna stop you right there. No. Just ... no." (she' s twelve)

So we settled for Twilight in English. FML.

2. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I hate to admit it but ... Twilight is more acceptable than ... that ... movie ... Ugh. Between "50 Shades" and "Magic Mike" I can't have movie night with my friends anymore. I don't trust them enough. >.>

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

A 12-year old asking to watch "50 Shades" of anything should make you question something about how upbringing

4. burnitup Still the Best 1973

5. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

I'm a fan of the 50 Shades series and even I shook my head at that. A definite no no for a twelve year old. On the bright side though it seems like she doesn't know exactly what "50 shades of something" is. ^.^" (I would hope at least)

6. Patman Bof

I haven' t even watched it, and I' d rather keep it that way.
    Her dad had no clue what Twilight even is. I told him it' s basically Harlequin Enterprises for teens.
    The weirdest part is that when I said the second movie was the most boring thing I ever watched ... she agreed.

She' s a sucker for that kind of thing, her dad and step mom are just as confused as I am.
    But then judging from what I' ve heard her mom isn' t exactly the brightest bulb in the box.

7. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

^I stand corrected. XD love how you were featured in the video.

8. Patman Bof

Seriously though, while I don' t think her dad would be too flustered to hear she managed to watch it I don' t think he would encourage her either.

9. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

Agreed. If she's a sucker for romance (and monsters) I would recommend Warm Bodies to her if she hasn't seen it. It's a zombie take on Romeo and Juliet and the movie Beastly. (A modern take on Beauty and the Beast)

10. Patman Bof

Is that the one with the actor who played Beast in the recent X-Men movies ?
    I downloaded it a while back but I haven' t watched it yet, thanks for the suggestion.

11. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

Yes it is. I could not get enough of that movie when it first came out, and you're welcome!