Favourite High School Musical (1) song/choreography thread

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Yozora, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Yozora Archer

Feel free to post your favourite HSM (excluding the other films) song or performance here.

Also this will be a HSM thread so if you want to talk about HSM feel free to do so.

Anyway I really like this choreography pulled off here. I know it's a cheesy ass and cringy ass scene but that's the point.

2. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

tbh you already posted my favorite from the first movie lol, but my second favorite cringy song/dance that I love is Stick to the Status Quo. XD

Also though while we're on the subject of HSM, on my second day at my new job, they put me in this adjacent office to do some sort of safety training on the computer, and while I was in there I heard my new coworkers talking and one of the guys brought up "We're All in This Together" and so the girl who was picking the music that day went to her phone and played that song and everyone started singing along as they worked. XD I couldn't join in because I was taking safety tests and stuff but that's when I knew I would like that job XD

3. Yozora Archer

Thats cool brah.

4. Krowley Moderator

I really dig the choreography in the start of something new" musical number at the beginning of the first film.

It's simple sure, but there's definitely something nuance about the genuine movements of both characters. Notice the awkward "I'm totally not prepared for this musical karaoke, but know I have the vocals to back it up" expressions on their faces. Note their subtle stares at one another that indicate they feign interest for each other, but knowing their impulsive and attractive demeanor will probably cause them to leave one another within the next 5 years after hooking up. The choreography does a very good job at portraying the awkward and lame side sways of white kids at an unsupervised party. Like... a lot of white kids.

The effortless clapping,
    the listless interest,
    The boy at the 0:49 mark in the middle that doesn't know what to do.
    The boy at the 2:24 mark in the middle that looks like he's trying to do the twist.

All works of gold that really sell this as a rewarding musical number to show that this would indeed be the start of something new.

(Also I thought this whole song was a metaphor for $ex when I saw it. Like. She's nervous, but the guy loosens up and gets her into it, getting her more comfortable, but as he starts getting aggressive towards her, she backs away, only to be pushed back into it by her fellow peers...)

5. Yozora Archer

WHAT I DIDNT KNOW THIS SONG WAS ABOUT SEX

also yeah I really dig this song too. its so gud

6. cstar stay away from my waifu

bet on it

"cstar thats another movie we said the firs-"

bet on it.

*ahem* in all seriousness I really love the choreography to get'cha head in the game. well, at least after the first minute.

7. Yozora Archer

Yeah this song def haves some good choreography. All that ball dribbling and shiz. Its impressive work.