Favourite Disney Villain theme

Discussion in 'Music' started by Glen, May 14, 2014.

1. Glen Returned from the dead

Title says it all. What's your favourite disney villain's theme? You know, the song that when you hear a villain's name you think of that song.

My personal favourite is "Be Prepared", played in the Lion King which I associate as Scar's theme. It's such a nicely done song, and it really sets the mood for what is to come in the movie.

2. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

I have to agree and say be prepared. It's just such an iconic villain theme, and rightly so.

Although, i'd say hellfire is a close second.

3. Aelin Best Waifu

I like Be Prepared, but Hellfire is also a really good song. It shows the intents of both of the antagonists here in a way that is both slightly unnerving but informative in the form of a rather appealing song.

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Love is an Open Door

In all seriousness though, "Hellfire". A song about lust and sin... and I didn't really get it when I was a kid. But now watching it as an adult and understanding the meaning behind it, I can definitely see how powerful the song is.

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

DON'T YOU DISRESPECT ME, LITTLE MAN!

Don't you derogate, or deride!

You're in my world now, not your world...

And I've got-

I'm sry but Keith David singing a Disney song about a Baron Samedi look-alike is too many things I love too much

6. cstar stay away from my waifu

The one I like the most in terms of being a true disney villain anthem is Friends on the Other Side.

The one I like the most in terms of showing a full developed villain (imo) is Hellfire

But in the end, the one that ends up being my favorite is Poor Unfortunate Souls... don't forget the importance of BODY LANGUAGE!

7. Zekushion Traverse Town Homebody

Tie between "Be Prepared" and "Poor Unfortunate Souls". They're both songs I can't resist singing along with.

8. PirateNinjaHanyou Traverse Town Homebody

Hellfire from the Hunchback of Notre Dame, no contest.
    Friends of the Other Side is also pretty good, though.

9. Jayn

{ Be Prepared, Hellfire and Poor Unfortunate Souls definitely come to mind. However, I think some of the best villain songs are ones that are a bit more subtle. One of my favorites is Mother Knows Best and the reprise.

This is a deceptive, manipulative person who 'loves you' in their own way but tries and control you by making you fearful of everything or making you feel like they're all you have - and that's a bit more real to me and what makes the song so great imo. I've literally had family basically express this whole reprise to me and make me feel terrible for making my own choices simply because I wasn't listening to them anymore and I know a lot of people actually have someone like that in their life, so it speaks to me in a different way than the other ones do. }

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

...before I say anything on-topic:

darren used tackle.gif

Seriously, Mother Knows Best. Oh man. At the same time you're laughing at the upbeat tune and the antics Gothel gets up to, you're feeling a little weird on the inside because of all the manipulation, like, "aha this is a fun song but also i'm uncomfortable because it's actually really bad???" And then the reprise drops the facade entirely, not unlike Gothel herself toward the end of the movie.

And oh lawd, Hellfire. I'm still amazed that Hunchback scraped a G rating. This song, though: Tony Jay's silky, silky bass voice, religious extremism, racism, Tony Jay, sexual lust, Tony Jay, that Alan Menken/Steven Schwartz combo, TONY JAY.

Also, Love Is An Open Door. Seriously. The first time you see Frozen and don't know about Hans, its just "aaaa aakjskgdgsflkjh CUTE ADORABLE BBYS SINGING TOGETHER IT'S TRUE LOVE" But then if you watch the movie again, knowing about Hans, there are ingenious little hints at Hans' true nature—in the first verse, Anna is singing about meeting Hans and being in love with him, while Hans is focused on how he's found his own place. And there's the leading/manipulating in the next verse that seems like it should have been so obvious with "We finish each other's... ("Sandwiches?") That's what I was gonna say!" Han's is Anna's open door for love; Anna is Hans' open door for a kingdom.

And then there's Yzmaopolis from The Emperor's New School, which is just really catchy.

11. Laurence_Fox Chaser

12. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I would be "The Lullaby" from Lion King 2 and "Be Prepared" from Lion King... I love the Lion King. There isn't really a deep meaning embedded in these songs for me, it's more that these films are the embodiment of my childhood and Scar was always the really cool villain that was the overshadowed little brother, I just found him very likable. Zera's song is just lovely because even though she's talking about her anger toward Simba, she does it in a lullaby tone that is calming- it's kind of like her drilling the ideas into her son day in, day out and so it's all he really hears which just saddens me. Her obsession with revenge is taking away an innocent childhood that Kovu could have had and, despite all that, he still grows to see his mother is wrong and finds that in Kiera.

Also, "Savages" and "Mine, Mine, Mine" from Pocahontas- I don't really know exactly which is the villain song as they both could be but I love them both just because they are catchy and they both have two characters singing from two points of view to show the differences in how you can look at the world i.e. it's beauty or it's monetry worth.