Favorite arrangement of Destati?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by . : tale_wind, Apr 23, 2014.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

If you don't already know what it is, Destati is the music that plays during the Dive to the Heart—yes, with the Ominous Italian Chanting. However, if you've played any Kingdom Hearts game, you've heard the theme reused in other pieces and places. What song from the series is your favorite that has a variation of Destati in it?

Mine would have to be Dismiss, from Birth by Sleep. The song plays during Aqua's battle with Terra-Xehanort in Radiant Garden. It turns Destati into a tense, urgent battle theme with serious gravity, also adding a touch of melancholy with snippets from Terra's leitmotif to remind you of the tragedy of the situation. Powerful stuff there.

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Is "All of them" an option /brick'd

I like Dive into the Heart, Dismiss, and The Eye of Darkness the most. Dive into the Heart is just THE Kingdom Hearts track for me—more than Dearly Beloved, more than Sanctuary or Simple and Clean, more than anything, when I think of KH I think Dive into the Heart. Dismiss is perhaps the most gut-wrenchingly sad song ever made, and The Eye of Darkness subverts all of that and makes it grand and powerful. Yoko really shows her versatility in the many variations on this theme, and overall there probably isn't a single version I dislike.

3. A Zebra Chaser

I like the original version used for the final boss.
    Bonus, I think the version used at the end of DDD is the weakest

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

'Dismiss' is definitely my personal favorite version of Destati. I would also like to make an honorable mention to 'My Heart's Descent' and 'The Eye of Darkness', mostly because they came at a time when I was growing VERY tired of Destati (thanks to Re:coded and the early KH3D trailers), but listening to them made me say "Awesome! They made Destati cool again!"

5. Ɍeno Traverse Town Homebody

6. Glen Returned from the dead

Fragments of sorrow will always be my favourite. The feel that you have as you run up the glass tile path in the first kingdom hearts game was one that gave me a feeling of "wow I can't wait to see what happens next". No matter what, that version of it was one of my the first memorable experiences I had with the game, and that will never be taken away, so it holds a special place in my heart.