Father runned down daughter because she is too "western"

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Kextia, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Kextia Destiny Islands Resident

http://news.aol.com/article/noor-fa...or-faleh-almaleki-dies-after-being-hit/745717

A young Iraqi woman whose father allegedly hit her with his car because she had become too Westernized died from her injuries Monday after laying in a coma for nearly two weeks.

Noor Faleh Almaleki, 20, underwent spinal surgery and had been in a hospital since Oct. 20, when police say her father ran down her and her boyfriend's mother with his Jeep as the women were walking across a parking lot in the west Phoenix suburb of Peoria.

The other woman, Amal Khalaf, is expected to survive.

"By his own admission, this was an intentional act and the reason was that his daughter had brought shame on him and his family," Low said. "This was an attempt at an honor killing."

I, for one, think this bull is horrid. Too western? Fine, then dang it go back to Iraq! Don't kill your own flesh and blood over this... For Pete's sake, he looks pretty dang American to me! I don't see him killing himself over it!

Anyway... Discuss?

2. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

I think it's a horrible way to die, and I hope he feels guilty. If he hated the way she became, he could have tried to talk to her, or have gone back to his own country, but he didn't have to end her life. The mom's probably going to be scarred too, cuz she survived, and she saw the whole thing. It's not like it's easy to recover from getting hit by a car. I hope the boyfriend will be okay.

I just heard that she also married someone in her own country, then came here and lived with her boyfriend.

3. childofturin Why?

"When in Rome..."

Seriously, Faleh Hassan Almaleki, learn it, love it. You're in America, you don't get to do honor killings. You want your kids to remain good Muslims, stay in Iraq. I'm not being racist or anything - when you live in a western country, you end up becoming more western. It's just what happens.

4. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

Why is it about where I live? Where do you live?
    That's just horrid. If you have an issue with your family you aren't supposed to kill them for it!