Famitsu magazine: Interview with Yoko Shimomura

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Mike Chaser

Rebirth:Wings has posted a new interview with KINGDOM HEARTS music composer Yoko Shimomura, which is said to appear in a special booklet that came with this month’s edition of Famitsu. HeartStation has provided the translation below.

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Mike, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Bloodios
      Bloodios
      -It seems Capcom made a mistake for looking down on Shimomura's capabilities. Well, it's their loss.

-Seriously though, I really like Shimomura's works, she composed some of the nicest pieces I've ever heard.

-I'm glad that Square recruited her (and to think I didn't really appreciate that fact till Kingdom Hearts), especially now that Uematsu and Hamauzu have left.
    2. chessplayerjames
      chessplayerjames
      I love Yoko Shimomura's Music. I bought the Soundtrack CD's for number 1 and 2. They were great! And still are!
    3. strawberrysora
      strawberrysora
      I agree! I love the music so much! Yoko Shimomura does such a good job of combining the original Disney wiht his own touch.
    4. Umiyuri Papaeyra
      Umiyuri Papaeyra
      Um, dude, that's Capcom, not SEGA.
    5. *dancewaterdance*
      *dancewaterdance*
      I love Yoko Shimomura's music, it's so beautiful. I think she did a great job capturing the feel of the Disney Worlds in her music, and her original pieces are just as good.

EDIT: Oops... I meant original as in pieces composed for a non-Disney world. Should've been clearer, my bad.
    6. Kyubi the Keyblade Master
      Kyubi the Keyblade Master
      Miss Shimomura is the greatest composer I have ever heard music from. I'm totally serious. I almost cried after hearing Somnus Nemoris for the first time. Her music is beautiful, and she deserves every ounce of praise she receives for it.
    7. Bloodios
      Bloodios
      Alright...fixed! Seriously though, I don't know why I did that (probably because of Bayonetta...). Anyway, sorry SEGA...but the thing is that doesn't matter which company did it, it's still their loss for not appreciating Shimomura's talent.
      -Thanks again for pointing out my mistake.
    8. Misty
      Misty
      Shimomura is basically a god. ;o

But I like that she mentioned the Hollow Bastion theme -- that was a really standout track for me, and I think it's cool that it was important to her.
    9. Zsofi13
      Zsofi13
      Yoko is the best!I love Roxas' theme and the 13th struggle and the other musics in the game. :)
    10. DemyxPlaysMySitar
      DemyxPlaysMySitar
      ...Please tell me that's a typo ._.;;
      Anyway, I seriously cannot imagine KH without her. Yoko Shimomura's brilliant <3
    11. Tiagossj3
      Tiagossj3
      Well, it seems they have learned their lesson, because she will compose for the Last Ranker.