Famitsu: Kingdom Hearts III Interview with Nomura

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Sep 24, 2014.

1. libregkd -

We didn't hear much about Kingdom Hearts III during TGS, however Famitsu was conducted an interview with Nomura where he shares the latest information about the game as well as the possibility of a HD remaster of Dream Drop Distance. Here are some tidbits from the interview:

• There have been reports from the media that Frozen was going to be a world in Kingdom Hearts III. This is false as there have been no confirmed worlds for the game yet, however Nomura says that Frozen is neither "confirmed or denied" for inclusion.
    • Choosing new worlds for Kingdom Hearts III is proving to be a difficult task.
    • Square Enix is strongly considering creating an HD Remaster for Kingdom Hearts 3D.
    • There are some engine-related issue that is giving the development team some issues, however right now they have advanced in the scenario writing and world choices, as well as deciding on new designs for Sora and Riku's outfits.
    • According to the the Osaka team, Sora’s mobility needs to be nerfed as he feels almost invincible by his end-game levels.
    • They are currently a great variety of Keyblade transformations and Nomura compared it to Birth by Sleep's original way of fighting with Keyblades.
    There is more to the interview, which you can read in full at SiliconEra.

Update:

Fully translated interview courtesy of Goldpanner from KHInsider:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by libregkd, Sep 24, 2014.

1. exile0025
      exile0025
      nerfing sora,never thought i hear that

hopefully 3D would be more enjoyable this time,if they do decide to go through with the HD
    2. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      A couple of other interesting tidbits:
      • The stories of Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts X [chi] are closely related, and as such are being written at the same time.
      • SE has various projects for the series, but at the moment, they have various offers and plan on prioritizing those first.
      Nice find!
    3. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Now I'm starting to feel that they have to release X[chi] at some point internationally. Maybe not soon, but maybe a year to a few months before KH3's release would suffice.
    4. libregkd
      libregkd
    5. Antidote
      Antidote
      Ahh I can't wait for the Keyblade transformations! Especially if they are even better than what BbS did with command styles.

I think they should release X with the DDD remaster. At least it wouldn't be as bare bones. c:
    6. Heart2Heart
      Heart2Heart
      I hope they get clever and add in KH χ or something to that effect. Perhaps a BBS style multiplayer where you and your opponent can pit your deck commands and dream eaters against one another's.
    7. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      Frozen, Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Pocahontas, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Incredibles, Hercules, Lilo & Stitch, Black Cauldron, Aladdin, and Wreck-it Ralph. There's the worlds that should be used in KHIII.
    8. Antidote
      Antidote
      I'm glad that there is someone else who wants this. It's definitely one of Disney's darker titles so I think it would fit perfectly within KHIII as a world with a more serious story. I think they could do great things with it. Though saying that, it's a largely overlooked movie so it probably wouldn't happen
    9. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      So was Tron, but that got in. That's the beauty of cult classics.
    10. . : tale_wind
      And who in the frick-frackin' world ever thought we'd get Mickey, Donald, and Goofy's The Three Musketeers?
    11. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      It was this moment I realized ANY Disney property was possible.
    12. . : tale_wind
      Yeah, and let's also not forget Julius from Runaway Brain being a secret boss.

Anything can happen now.

Anything.

And it's wonderful.
    13. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      can't wait for the KH3D remake
    14. ~Clave Ensis~
      ~Clave Ensis~
      Frozen is neither "confirmed or denied" for inclusion.
      Normally that means it probably will be included. They say things like this to hype it down. Plus the demands of the public are really strong on this world - I highly doubt square enix would refuse
    15. AzzyFox
      AzzyFox
      In all likeliness, it's going to be in the game. It's too popular of a film to pass up and the world of Arendelle would make a great place to explore.

...Just make a list of the films you haven't adapted yet and go from there. >.>

Then they should also consider waiting a few more years, because KH3D is still a young game. If you're just going to remaster it, why make it for the 3DS in the first place?

I thought choosing new worlds for the game was proving to be a difficult task.

Meh.

Ooh, I approve. I love these less-frequently-explored aspects of Keyblades and I'd love to see more.
    16. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      I can't wait for the rendition of the Let it Go scene with no music, just sound effects
    17. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      I'm still trying to figure out why Tron Legacy was added. Not as a world itself, but as to why it was locked away in the dream realm when in reality it should have been part of Space Paranoids, which was a computer program found in Radiant Garden. It shouldn't have been a separate world from its past incarnation.

I'd also like to add The Jungle Book and The Sword in the Stone as possible KHIII worlds.
    18. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Interview has been fully translated. Hope you don't mind libregkd, but I updated the OP with the full interview. Feel free to change anything with the update.
    19. Crypt
      Crypt
      If they remake Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, they should release it for the Wii U. It's the father of the 3DS, so it's probably the easiest to translate all of the coding languages to, and the tablet works great as a replacement for the 3DS touchscreen functions. Also, that console needs 3rd party games, man.