Famitsu interview with the Kingdom Hearts Sound Team

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Krowley Moderator

With the 1.5 HD ReMix released, Famitsu managed to post an interview with the sound team of the series! The music team has managed to re-record the enitrety of the collection's soundtracks with acoustic instruments, and Yusaku Tsuchiya has been interviewed concerning his experience with the soundtrack's remastering. The interview has yet to be translated.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    From left to right;​
    Yoko Shimomura (Composer)​
    Mr. Keiji Sheng River (Synthesizer operator)​
    Mr. Noda, Hiroshi Sato (Synthesizer operator)​
    Mr. TaQ (ongaq President of Music)​
    Mr. Yusaku Tsuchiya (gaQdan concertmaster)​

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Krowley, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      They did such a great job with the updated soundtrack. It all sounds more lively than it did before. I really hope they do the same with 2.5
    2. Menos Grande
      Menos Grande
      I still didn't heard it, there is any videos comparing?
    3. A Zebra
      A Zebra
      Here's a playlist of the original KH:

And here's what I could find of 1.5 (No playlist yet, so I'll just link each video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-3XeDfdWYk

I think it's most easily noticeable with Olympus Colosseum, where they replaced some instruments with flutes
    4. Misty
      Misty
    5. Miles
      Miles
      They gotta release a soundtrack for this! "Having a wild time" has an amazing flute!
    6. Arch
      Arch
      Really loved how they talked about how they went about recording the battle themes for 1.5. They're right. Orchestral music's greatest weakness is the fact that it lacks punch. You can make everything sound prettier, fuller, and louder...but the instruments themselves aren't known for their aggressiveness. Different playing techniques must be used. Of course...that could have all been solved if they just suck in guitars. But Shimomura isn't Ishimoto. XD Her stuff isn't known for even incorporating synth guitars-Oh wait. I'd still like to see some guitar stuff in Kingdom Hearts though. For fast-paced, tense, and exciting battle themes, you really can't beat the guitar as the go-to instrument for that kind of stuff.
    7. Labrys
      Labrys
      Gotta say that's very kinda of them to go as far as to updating the soundtrack.
      Kinda makes you think that Square is doing this for the fans!
    8. 61
      This is something I never would have expected, still, I'm glad they did it.
      The music in KH was always fantastic, and it didn't really warrant a remake, though the fact that they did shows how much they care about the series, much appreciated.