Fail0verflow PS3 Tools, GeoHot METLDR Root Key, GT5 Decrypted!

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Kubo, Jan 4, 2011.

1. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Oh, so he thinks he's right but really he's wrong? Ok.

No, it just means game companies need to spend more money and time on security for their games.

2. Always Dance Chaser

Cry me a river. So does every game company who doesn't develop for the former fortress.

3. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

You're not very caring to the companies that provide you with games for your enjoyment. You could at least be a wee bit more grateful and supportive of them.

/////////////, you should try this.

http://kotaku.com/#!5766025/man-deep-fries-psp-tries-to-eat-it

I know you wanted to burn it but it seems like such a waste!

4. Always Dance Chaser

As a computer science major I'm very aware of how hard game companies have to work to make stuff happen. But every multi-platform gaming company has to make equally strong security for the Wii and the x360 because they are both hacked wide open. Doing it for the PS3 as well isn't a big deal.

5. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

It is a big deal for smaller companies that relied on the PS3's hefty protection for their games.

Wii and xbox users haven't been able to unban themselves and potentially ban other users. If they can do that what else do you think they can do to the psn?

6. Janime6 the truest queen of them all

No one is going to win this, you guys might as well give up with the arguing. Just wait it out and see if geo wins or loses.​

7. P Banned

Possibly, possibly not. But so far, it doesn't seem to have any relevance. After all, MW2 was a massive game, backed by a huge company. They were lax in security.

Reposting, as it appears to have been missed.

8. Always Dance Chaser

If a small company wants to make a cheap game, they go to the iPhone or maybe the Wii, not the PS3.
    I will repeat once more that this is not going to be a problem with PS3 games released after this and is not geohot's fault

9. Janime6 the truest queen of them all

My friend's cousin can unban himself from XBox LIVE, hack games, and possibly ban other users. I think he needs an ID or IP address or something, though. <.< Called a JTAG, I believe.​

10. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Why isn't it going to be a problem? You have your opinion, and I have mine. We've stated them and they won't change. So lets not go around in circles.

11. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

Graf_chokolo is famous for his work on reverse engineering the PS3′s Hypervisor.
    Here is a quote of his blog:
    Kotaku and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) have confirmed that this action did happen, but denied to give any further details since this is a legal matter.
    I wonder if that move was legal? And since when Sony is taking over the rest of the world with its US laws and US lawyers? I have a better idea actually, let them sue the whole internet.
    If Sony continues like this, the story will not have a good ending.

12. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Isn't Germany tough on piracy and stuff? They wouldn't have raided the home unless they had a warrant. And it wouldn't be a US lawyer, it'd be a member from Sony Europe.

And yes, piracy on the ps3 is happening. Just look at Killzone 3.

13. EvilMan_89 Code Master

my opinion on this: i actually think that the homebrew stuff is kinda cool and nice to play around with. as for the cheats thing, i like cheats (i did used to hack some after all!) because i see them as game enhancers, but using cheats online.....no, just no. it's really annoying playing against hackers in ANY online game.

but i can also see why Sony is upset. i do like all the cool stuff that's possible with the homebrew, but i'm sure that there are bad uses for the homebrew as well like piracy and online hacking.

also, something that really confuses me. i saw a lot of people defending the homebrew and custom firmware saying they want the right to run their own code. i think that's cool to be able to use homebrew, but why do these people feel entitled to being able to do that?

14. Always Dance Chaser

...Because if you pay $300 dollars for something, you should be allowed to do whatever you want with it.

15. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

Even at the expense of others? I mean, some people don't pay $300 to play hacked games.

16. Always Dance Chaser

I've already expressed my disagreement with cheating online, I don't know why you keep pointing this out. I believe you should be able to do anything you want with your PS3 other than what harms others

17. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

But then folk would not be able to do whatever they like with there PS3s.

18. Always Dance Chaser

Okay now you're just being pointlessly argumentative. Let me say this again.
    You should be able to do anything you want with your property THAT DOES NOT CAUSE HARM TO OTHERS. This is a philosophy established by John Stuart Mill in 1806 and not a difficult concept.

19. Chevalier Crystal Princess

This is somewhat scalating...I think. I mean, I understand Sony wanting to rid itself of piracy, but having gamers view first hand how they agitate waters and move around in courts isnt helping. I don't think that there's any way to stop this piracy thing completely, but having no disregard for the people will not go nicely for sony in the gaming department.

Sending every person who does some tweak on the console isn't gonna help, either. I mean, then they'd have to go after everyone who's doing something they don't want on their console. Public displays of suppression won't be helping ease the people who are upset by Sony's actions, and neither will it resolve the issue of hackers on the PSN.

20. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

lol, i know what you mean, but you're so easy to wind up. xD That and your posts lack consistency at times.

To be honest, if there was a way for Sony to allow homebrew without the threat of piracy and other security issues then they should allow it. I don't understand why these hackers don't help to try and find a solution to it. It'd satisfy a lot of folk. But the way things are are going it wouldn't be a surprise if Sony introduced keycodes to their games.