Facebook Vs. Google+

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Kelly630, Aug 4, 2011.

?

Facebook Vs. Google+

1. Facebook

50.0%
  2. Google+

50.0%
  1. Kelly630 Merlin's Housekeeper

Will facebook fall or has google created another failure

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

I never knew that it was Google that made Facebook, but I don't think it will fall.

Just look at how great YouTube is.

3. 61 No. B

I beg to differ, as it stands now, YouTube is a complete failure (IMO). Back when it first started it was a major success but now that it's all about money i'm not too fond of it.

4. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Well they didn't make it.

Google+ is something like facebook. Why would they make something if they would already have a success?

Youtube is a complete failure? Oh really because you have millions and millions of people on it every single day.
    And what else do you expect from a company. Youtube isn't some charity so of course it is going to make money. Its called business.

5. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Being ranked 3rd in the world for site traffic, they must be doing something right.

As for Google+ I haven't tried it yet. I don't think it's going to become the new Facebook any time soon, but could it eventually top it? Knowing Google's almost infinite success, it wouldn't come to a shock to me at all. Though they will have to come up with some good ideas making it superior to Facebook, and that alone should give Google a challenge. People like Facebook for it's simplicity. We'll see if Google can tackle a social networking site, that is one field where they have failed previously. You know that Facebook is concerned about this though... I mean right after the Google+ beta started, Facebook added group chat and video calling (or at least they're in the process of doing so). So it will be an interesting battle.

6. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

The amount of things that Google+ has over Facebook is astonishing, and I cannot see any competition between them on that end... Facebook has a bigger community but they keep failing at every bend with their needless and cluttering updates, like with the merging of the messages and chat system. On top of all of the technical reasons, Google does not claim to own the things that you put on their system... They are doing a good job of selling it to me thus far.

7. Llave Superless Moderator

I think the Google+ is in beta right now if i'm not mistaken... only members of gmail that are 18 or older have to be referred by someone else that's in it... Yeah, good luck Google.

I don't think Facebook will fail, but it will not get any better...

8. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

I think people will have both.
    I don't want a google+ because if you're signed in to your gmail and do a search on google, they save everything you have searched for. How do you think it'll be when you add personal information as well? (I know Facebook takes personal info, but they can't see your google searches). If people realize this, I think they will be a bit scared of it.

9. Kelly630 Merlin's Housekeeper

that is only a opition that can be taken off
    anyway what do you seach for on google? if your so afraid ;)

10. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

Everyone is connected.

Good grief, neither. I find social networking to be ridiculous. My parents are always updating every little thing, meanwhile I goggle at them with a hint of perplexity in my eyes. Their usual facebook status updated after every meal - literally, every meal. The feeling of utmost connection scares me off; I can hardly deal with one or two, let alone a hoard of them.

Don't know if forums count, do they? Also, I don't even know what Google+ is. A renewed Facebook? As if one was not enough.

11. libregkd -

12. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

13. libregkd -

14. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Allow me to note that Google keeps track of what you search for on your IP regardless of if you have an account or not and uses this to filter results to what they think will be relevant to you, and things like that. Facebook does similar things by filtering your news feed to what you usually comment on or like in your list. The main difference is that Google does not have a history of selling out such information or allowing the FBI to use their tracking to watch people. Things like that. Google+ also does not demand reliable information to my knowledge, such as your real name or where you went to school, et cetera.

15. Styx That's me inside your head.

I can't be arsed to register on yet another social networking site and build and update a contact list all over again. Facebook does the job for me. Whichever one is better doesn't matter; I promised myself to just ignore whatever comes after Facebook.

16. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I was corralled into getting a Myspace. I was corralled into getting a Facebook. I will probably be corralled into getting Google+, if it takes off. But at some point I'm probably going to wipe all my FB stuff, just because of all the shady business I've heard goes on.

Honestly, the only thing I've been actually interested in is AnonPlus, but I'm taking that with a grain of salt. I want to see it work. I have a feeling it probably won't. Ah well...

17. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i don't see Facebook going away anytime soon. i honestly haven't heard much from Google + so i don't know how it's doing. but i heard people prefer Google+ because it gives you more control over certain things.