Extreme Mode Difficulty

Discussion in 'New Releases' started by EvilMan_89, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Noise For Love and Justice

ugh..i cant get this to work!!! ive got the right master code and the Diff code..but it wont work...when i start a new game it doesnt have the option of extreme mode :S

what am i doing wrong?

EDIT: jk its working....very lovely :D

EDIT 2: i just got a star seeker card O.O

2. Mako Tsunami Kingdom Keeper

Does it work for Riku's story?

3. Noise For Love and Justice

yes...

and was it normal in RE:COM to get KH2 keyblade cards? i forgot? cuz i have star seeker AND hidden dragon.

4. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i wonder about the reason it was removed as well, especially since it is fully functional.
    yea, except he doesn't gain any sleights or any power ups. i guess the only effect might be stronger enemies.
    yea you can unlock KH2 keyblade cards when you clear Reverse/Rebirth. though, you're supposed to be getting them from key to rewards before they can just pop out of objects. i think the extreme mode code DOES allow more cards available from the start than what is normally available.

5. AndreaAras26 Merlin's Housekeeper

Oh God! I would be dead if I played in 'Extreme Mode' Dx

6. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

I think you mean the mode with the "04" as it's digits...

Anyway, I my reason for posting is to report on that "5th" difficulty.

I imputted the code, and loaded up my save file. It was a Destiny Island save, just before the fights with "Riku" (the Replica) and Larxene. I left the world, and I found something... odd.

Riku had many more bars of health than usual (I normally play on Proud mode), but his actual health amount was at 1 HP, and couldn't use attack cards. Easy battle.

Then was the fight with Larxene. She had a total of one health bars, that was constantly regenerating. After fighting her for 20 minutes, I used soft reset to re-load the file. I went Heartless hunting.

In the end, there are apparently 5 different types of enemies in "5th" mode.

The List
    • Enemies who regenerate: Have one health bar that regenerates itself. Unbeatable.
    • Enemies who have zero bars: Have 1HP, and typically won't attack. Beatable.
    • Super Heartless: Normal Heartless who have massive amounts of health. Once depleted, they default back into Regenerators. As such, unbeatable.
    • Other: I've fought Shadows who have health that regenerate, but they are still beatable.

I've also noticed that the first "wave" of Heartless in any given world will be made up of enemies with zero bars whereas the 2nd or 3rd waves will be made of the other types.

7. EvilMan_89 Code Master

that's interesting, what happens, does he just not attack you?

also, i've noticed that the enemies don't seem to do any damage in that mode.

8. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i honestly don't think they could get in any trouble with fans as fans really have no power in what they do in their games.

9. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

Unfortunately, I saved over that file when I finally beat him legitly. But, if I remember correctly, he was acting different.

You remember how he acted after he reloaded his cards; running VERY close to you while chasing you? That's how he acted. And you could see that he (at least) was scrolling through his cards, but he would not use them. Oddly, in my battle with Larxene she would use her cards, sleights, and enemy cards.

I have a save file now that's very close to the first battle with Marluxia if you'd like me to test it then.

10. EvilMan_89 Code Master

nah, i don't think that's necessary
    nah, i seriously doubt it's that one either. i really don't know what the reason could possibly be.

11. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

If it was, I'd be a happy person.

12. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

It's a good-a place to start as any.

13. EvilMan_89 Code Master

it's not, i actually remembered emailing square enix a few years ago to ask them how to hack codes. the response i got was something along this line: "it sounds like the problem you have is by using a cheat device, start a new game and the problem should go away". which has nothing to do with hacking cheats, i'm sure you'll probably just get another response like that, lol

14. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

I hate generated responses. In all, how is Square with actually answering email and messages? I know that Valve is terrible with that.

15. EvilMan_89 Code Master

well, at least you get a timely reponse, and at least they were straight with fans inquiring about whether or not Final Mix+ was coming to the US, the response with that was something like "There are no plans to bring the come to the United States."

16. Hidden Smithery King's Apprentice

Ah. Well, it's more than I'd expect. I'll just stop here; I'm an admin elsewhere, and I know how annoying Off Topic threads get after awhile.

Excuse me. *exit, stage left*

17. ry0408 Moogle Assistant

well now i know i can put my riku to the test with critical HP... its truthfully fun as hell with that HP the number for its 320 i think. i'm never gonna increase it again :D

18. Chase Blackwood Moogle Assistant

Can u make a Japanese port version of of the extreme mode code? It looks really good and would be a nice change of pace. Good job.

19. EvilMan_89 Code Master

unfortunately, it would seem the code isn't very worthwhile. i have played around with it but haven't noticed any differences in difficulty. the only difference i saw was that Sora starts the game with all sleights (and can glide and high jump) while Riku doesn't learn anything (including Dark Mode)