Expressions of Interest: #LetsPlayTogether

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by T3F, Mar 17, 2015.

1. T3F Chaser

Hey guys. So hear me out for a second:

I’ve been working on an idea for an Anti-Bullying campaign event to be held on YouTube. The main aim of the campaign is to raise awareness about bullying and hopefully make past and present bullying victims feel better and more involved in a community.

It works like this: YouTubers register with their account name, timezone and what types of videos they like to do the most. They then make a collaboration video with a few other registered YouTubers (in the same category: gamers with gamers, musicians with musicians etc etc) and submit it with the hashtag #LetsPlayTogether. They may also submit a vlog related to their own experiences of bullying, and a motivational message to anyone going through it.

The videos will be broadcast during Anti Bullying Week (in November)because that’s how long it will take me to get everything organised :P

The whole point of this was to encourage collaboration and strengthen the ties in the YouTube community, for a good cause of course. I think, for those people who have been through bullying or are going through it, it’s good to see someone talk about their own experiences, it makes them feel more connected.

It’s a working theory, but I would love to hear anyone’s opinion/feedback on this. I think it could be good, but I would really like to know what you think :)

2. Doc Destiny Islands Resident

Bullying is a major problem in today's world so maybe in the video you can discuss some statistics of when it started and how it has risen in the last few years. You could also talk about peer pressure and where behaviors of violence are coming from. Most often the people who bully are also bullied themselves. Maybe try to talk about self defense and definitely promote socializing and talking to parents, councilors, doctors, friends, etc. Most people who are bullied are to ashamed to talk to others.

The video is a very good idea and with a lot of facts, and a good amount of emotion (a mixture of compelling sadness and finally reaching a happy ultimatum) will compel other viewers to spread the word or at least spread the video around.

3. T3F Chaser