Help Experiencing Latency in The Spam Zone

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Amaury, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

For the last few days, I've been having a load time of about 20 seconds when going into The Spam Zone, and I'm not sure what it's from.

All other parts of the site are fine, it's just The Spam Zone forum.

2. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

I'd blame the amount of things it probably has to archive/load/whatever, since the spamzone is the biggest section.
    But this also happens to me.

3. Antidote Façade

I have honestly never experienced any lag within the Spam Zone, and I'm always on my mobile or notebook. Strange. <_>

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

The threads within The Spam Zone are fine, yeah, but when trying to get into The Spam Zone itself, whether it's from the forum list, a thread you're in, or what have you, there's a 20-second~ loading time.

5. Misty gimme kiss

I'm getting a load time of 2.36s on the Spam Zone and 559ms (about half a second) on the Feedback & Assistance forum. That's roughly a 2s difference, which sounds like a lot, but isn't too noticeable on for the end-user; it's certainly not as significant as 20s, which may indicate an issue on your end. The discrepancy is likely caused by the large size of the Spam Zone compared to other sections. The Roleplay Arena has a similar number of posts but isn't a good measure to compare with because they are segmented into sub-sections, unlike the Spam Zone.

This issue will be addressed when we update to XenForo 1.4, which includes some performance improvements & features for large sections and boards.
    Furthermore, I'd like to set up caching (if possible, will have to talk to our server guy) this year, which will definitely improve performance & speed.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

It's taking about two to three seconds now, so not sure what was going on.

That's nice to hear, though! Look forward to it!

7. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

Thanks for the update @Misty can't wait for the update.