Existence of Ghosts: Yes vs No

Discussion in 'Debate Corner' started by Zandyne, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

That would be pretty damn amazing! Well if (i say if for non- blievers) ghosts are real I shall wait with you! I always wanted to see the begining too but I never shall!

2. Laurence_Fox Chaser

-Cracks knuckles-

Alright, I've been studying ghosts and the paranormal since I was junior high. Mostly my research was reading stories, listening to EVP, looking at/taking pictures, and ghost hunting.

I believe they're here since so many people have witnessed them in some shape or form. I myself have seen a good deal of them since I can remember.

But I will say this, the 'faces' in wood surfaces that people see? I discredit that right away. It's too easy for a human being to pick out what it wants to see all too easily. Even most EVP isn't credible unless you know the building/area is completely empty save for you and the group of people you're hunting with.

Not all hauntings occur in a building. On the contrary, there are many hauntings that occur in open air areas. Take for example Gettysburg, if you will. Many lost their lives on both sides and I've heard stories from credible hunters saying they've heard cannonfire and the yelling of men as they died. One hunter even saw the battle taken place and there were no reenactments scheduled for that time of day. oo;

I saw a post about 'seeing colored ghosts' I have noticed that some ghosts do have a color to them. Either it's a color that was dear to them in life, I've heard tell of a 'Green Lady' in Ireland which makes sense for the Emerald Isle. But I've found that these colors are sort of a 'mood ring' if you will. Usually malevolent spirits are orange, red, or sometimes yellow. Passive ghosts tend to be blue, green, or white.

I've noticed some trends in the stories I've read.
    1) They feel that their work is not done.
    2) They don't want to leave loved ones behind.
    3) The feel a responsibility/attachment to where they lived or work.
    4) They died suddenly.
    5) There were strong emotions attached to their death.
    6) Their grave/marker was moved/disturbed.

About number 6, you know that whole sketch you see in sitcoms/tv shows about '______ was built on an ancient Indian burial ground. It's cursed.' Well it has happened. Can you imagine how many burial sites were paved over/forgotten? I've read in Encyclopedia of Haunted Places compiled and Edited by Jeff Belanger, of a Wal-Mart being built over once such location. Dark shadows were seen by the workstaff/costumers moving through the aisles, not to mention a feeling of unease that occurred. The merchandise up on the shelves would also be knocked down.

3. orgXIIIfan King's Apprentice

In SIngapore,we have many cases of ghost sightings and people buying houses and selling them repeatedly.Singapore is a multi-racial country that means that all races and religion live together in harmony.The Muslim have creatures called Jinns.The Buddhists have the Hungry Ghost Festival and people usually get possesed during the festival.

You can do many unbelievable things when you are possesed.

4. Cherry Berry Chaser

Very possible that they could exist...I hear voices at night-time (no its not the neighbors or the occasional drunk geezers or even anyone that lives with me)
    But what I think is that some people might hallucinate about those things...

Maybe I'm going insane o_0
    I second that!

5. Enigmatic Soldier Merlin's Housekeeper

That is exactly what I think. Also I am an Atheist so where else are you going to go when you die.

6. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

Any energy that composed you would simply be transfered on to another system. Nothing is also another option to what happens when you die.

7. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i say no becuz no one has actually ever seen one. and when we die, we just simply cease to exist. it's like how u never existed before u were born.

8. Laurence_Fox Chaser

No one has seen one? Or is it more that you haven't, I wonder? Apparently you've not read the whole thread.

I realize that this is your belief and I cannot change that. But I have seen/heard/felt too many of them to be able to say that they're not here.

9. EvilMan_89 Code Master

oh yea, prove it

10. Zandyne King's Apprentice

Prove that you fully cease existing when you die. Prove that you never really exist before you're born too. Are you saying the time prior to birth you do not exist at all?

What about the time spent in the womb? You haven't been born yet, but you still exist.

Be more specific.

Arguing "prove it" does not work in debates like this, it is a dead-line argument if you do.

Side-Note: Dead-line refers to how the opposing side uses it as a constant reason as to why something can never be proved becuase they are constantly demanding for more evidence.....refer to a child's questioning everything with the means of "why?" to no end.

11. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

*sigh* so its this argument again?

*coughs* :p

You Prove that they DON'T! That argument is not an argument at all! Others have given reasons and/or examples at least!

As Saix said, clearly you need to read the entire thread! People have seen them! Not only that but I seem to recall you believe in Past Lives, ghosts are not such a far leap from that! :D

12. EvilMan_89 Code Master

no one can prove ANYTHING they say here making this argument very futile

13. xlilypinkx Moogle Assistant

Yup, i beleive in ghosts, i feel strange around my house sometimes.. i think its a ghost. not sure who!

14. Zandyne King's Apprentice

SO with this mindset, you continue to contribute dead-line debates WHY?

As for research, feel free to reference anything you think is relevent to prove your counterpoint, until you do your words mean little in this debate...

15. Eclipse Hollow Bastion Committee

I dont believe in ghost,as Darky stated,its all in ones mind.when i was like 6 i thought i saw a ghost in my house before we moved here.It was color green a father,mother and their daughter.lol i dont know if i was seing it or if it was fake.i dont know i just ran to my parnets room and slept there for the night hiding under the covers.So its possibly fake.as darky said your mind can imagine lots of things in the dark/night.thats why most reports are indoors in the night.I never heard of a sighting on daylight/indoors.so i have to say that ghosts are fake,but can possibly be lost wondering souls that sill need to accomplish something they couldnt.

16. White_Rook Looser than a wizard's sleeve.

To be more specific Saix, you've seen things move across the room and all that jazz?

17. Laurence_Fox Chaser

If you mean like a chair moving across a hall from one room to another with no one present to move it, no strings or any other outside source moving it. Then yes I have seen things move across a room.

And don't tell me it was my imagination.

18. Eclipse Hollow Bastion Committee

lol it was your imagination.your just imagining things bro.but your probably not.until you or some ghost believer can give us non believers that ghosts are actually real and have proof than we'll believe.but right now there fake for the most part.

19. Xemnas7355 Gummi Ship Junkie

Duh there are ghosts!!! Don't you watch BLEACH?!! No I am joking but i think there are ghosts. Some things are just sooo unexplainable that it can only be described as supernatural.

20. tasogarehime Destiny Islands Resident

No one ever thought the world was flat that is a myth,

http://www.lewrockwell.com/woods/woods46.html

Anyway back on topic.

I'd have to say with all the experiences I've had I have no choice but to believe.
    I have had encounters with ghost through out my childhood and into my adult hood.

For a while I even had to deal with Poltergeist activity, because of a girl who was constantly subconsciously attacking a mutual friend out of jealousy. The Poltergeist activity ended when the girl moved out of state.
    Things like unplugged phones ringing, electronic toys moving when they were switched off, objects being moved when no one was in the room, disembodied voices, and sightings of entities.
    I no longer speak to the girl in question, but my friend still has contact with her, and the girl has apparently tried continue causing the disturbances. She was upset to find out she could no longer do so.

After the death of my older brother our stereo system would turn on full volume at random times, after the death of one of his friends my mother (who before was such a sceptic she refused to believe poltergeist activity that was happening right in front of her.) began to be haunted by foot steps following her or walking up the steps to her bedroom, even in the middle of the day.
    right after my grandfather died, the tractor he always used broke down, and the color on our tv went out for the entire day, something it has not done since.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.