Everybody loves Drama!

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Ashwa <3, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

I decided to post here and get some kind of feedback because I honestly don't know what to do. And I would love suggestions.

So here's the situation:

As most of you know, I'm in a long distance relationship. (Quite happy in it too).But then, I have this really close guy friend. Like, hes my best friend and I tell him everything. Him and I are really close friends.

However...

I was recently told by one of his friends that he really likes and that I should date him. Because he's a nice guy and would be good for me.(And since he has no clue about LC, this didn't faze him at all) I just stared at him and said something along the lines of, "No, its not gonna happen"

So. What do I do? Is his friend just joking around? And even if he's not, how am I supposed to tell him I'm not interested in a nice way, yet we're still close friends? Because I really don't want to hurt him, but I'm not exactly experienced in this area.

2. Azure Flame Banned

Just tell him you're seeing someone else. I'm sure he'll understand.

3. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

But he already knows. I'm sorry to complain about what seem like a simple thing, but I really don't know how to tell him.

4. Azure Flame Banned

Hmm, if it were me I'd just politely tell him I'm not interested. But you need to say it as nicely as you can. His feelings might get hurt a little, that is inevitable. But he'll get over it, most guys do. I know what it's like to be turned down by a girl you like, it hurts a little but then you just move on. I'm sure he'll be the same.

5. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

I would hope he would move on. And I really don't want to hurt his feelings. But I mean, what exactly do I say? "I'm not interested?" How is that supposed to be said nicely?
    D:

6. Azure Flame Banned

Well, no matter what you do, his feelings will be hurt. As for how you say it, I'm not sure. Maybe you could say "I'm sorry, but I don't like you that way." or something like that.

7. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

I dunno. Saying it like that kinda seems blunt and just....

Ugh, I just really don't want to hurt him even though I know I'm going to. =/

8. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

Small world. Very similure situation goin on with me, except I got my heart crushed after learning how good a friend I am to the chick that I like, especially when on the very same day she starts talken about how much she likes this one guy in your school, who you absolutely wish was you.......

There's no nice way to put it. Sorry, but I'm still crushed, and she doesn't even know I like her. I hate to say it, but no matter what, he's really gonna be crushed

9. Azure Flame Banned

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I've always been the one rejected, I've never done the rejecting.

10. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

I've never done the rejecting either. Which is why I would love help.

And deathsight, is there no way to avoid hurting him?

11. Azure Flame Banned

Unfortunately, you can't avoid hurting him. I've been rejected enough times to know that. But he'll recover eventually. They always do.

12. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

Ashwa, right now I feel like an empty void, as if my heart has been grinded to bits, and a will to beat someone up for the hell of beating them up. (dont get me wrong. I would never do that unless I had to though of course)

It depends on how much he really likes you. If you guys are honostly best friends in your mind, then in his mind, he's thinking "God, she's perfect for me. I think I'm in love", or something like that.

No matter what, you'll end up hurting him. Unless you think there is a chance later that you'll end up being out of this long distance relationship and then would end up coming to him, I doubt you can say anything that won't make him feel like the empty black hole that I am right now. sry :(

13. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

That really doesn't help ): Even if it may be true. That just makes me feel like I'll be the shittiest person alive. Because I'm definitely not ending the long distance relationship so it seems like I'll just be saying, "You've got no chance." Which may be the truth, but it's so hurtful.

14. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

Does he go on this site?

And I know it doesn't help. Such a horrible situation, since, unlike with your situation, it isn't like I am just gonna reveal my feelings to the girl I like cuz if I did then that would only add confusion.
    Do ya know if he plans on asking you out or something?

15. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

He doesn't go to this site. And I don't know if he plans on it or not. But if he does. I wanna know what to say and not just be all rude and such. D:

16. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

If he asks you out, and you turn him down, then he would be absolutely crushed. I hate to say it, but I would honostly be in a huge state of depression if I asked out the girl that I liked after being so close with her, just to end up getting turned down. I probably wouldn't even show up to school for a few days......

now, by a best friend, do you really mean that you tell him practicly everything?

17. Ashwa <3 Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah, pretty much I tell him everything

18. Deathsight44 Kingdom Keeper

Ouch. This is a really rough situation. Not for nothen, but your friend should've kept his/her mouth shut, becuz this is going to cause nothing but trouble for both you and him.

THe only thing that is getting me through it is that I'd do whatever it takes to make the girl I like smile, even if it means I just stand by and let some other guy have him.

The dude that you like though on the other hand, idk what his train of thought is, know what I'm sayen?

19. ArchVice Gummi Ship Junkie

I think it would be best to draw the line in a firm but assertive manner. Just let him know how you feel and tell him how much it would hurt if he crosses that line.

20. Repliku Chaser

Others are right in saying that rejection hurts. However, if he really is a -friend- and not just there because he's 'in love' with you, then he's going to understand.

What I'd say would be something like this. 'I am sorry but my feelings for you are that you are a great friend and I love the person I am in a relationship with and am not willing to break that off. I still want your friendship but we can't have more.'

Something like that is not so 'harsh' but it gets the point across that you are serious about your online relationship and yet you still want him to be your friend. I hope that helps you somewhat with what to say. In the end, the best thing to do is be straight up with him, but yes, regard his feelings. If he's really insistent you may have to be even more blunt and then come out with the 'I'm not interested in you in that way.' deal, but I can see why you'd want to be less harsh at first. Rejection though is a part of life so please don't feel so bad about it. You have to go with your heart on this and if you are more drawn to the online person, that is how it is. These things happen to people often and it's always best to deal with it straight and early on rather than let it linger. Good luck and hope this helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.