KH-Vids Podcast Episode #97: Love Wins

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]
    It's Tuesday and you know what that means...!

This week on the KH-Vids Podcast, we're doing things a little differently! @Misty, @libregkd, and @Calxiyn take a break from our usual Kingdom Hearts and gaming focus to respond to the Supreme Court's recent ruling on same-sex marriage, which is now federally legal in the United States. We cover the importance of the ruling (legal benefits for those in same-sex relationships), worldwide responses to it, and what effect this may have on the upcoming Presidential elections in 2016.

As per usual, we answer user-submitted questions! @Nobodyslight asks us about podcast tunes, @Plums poses a superpower question, and @Quilligan sets @Misty off on an Adventure Time tangent. We also plug the KH-Vids User Awards once again, as well as the new and improved KH-Vids Minecraft server!

Share your reactions to the Supreme Court ruling and answer our questions for yourself in the comments! Thanks for listening!

97cover.png

Download Episode #97 (MP3)
    Subscribe to us on iTunes or through our RSS feed

Interested in being a member guest on the podcast? Fill out our form here and we'll be in touch. Ask us a question by visiting this page or sending an email to podcast@kh-vids.net!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Amaury
      Amaury
      When do I get to be a guest again? :P

I'll listen to this tomorrow. And yay, you made it on a Tuesday, at least in my time zone!
    2. 0blivionkeeper
      0blivionkeeper
      Yay! So happy for Americola, even tho us Irish have it a month longer now ;) We also had Civil Union for like 2 years, which was... problematic. Basically it was our government saying "You can have this fancy title like marriage, but it don't mean s**t," tho its fixed now :)

As for the rainbow flag thingy on facebook, I kept mine for a week, then changed it to a trans flag to support trans rights here.

Also, for queer representation in cartoons, Steven Universe has a character that was literally born from the love of two queer female characters, so I think you'd really like that Misty if you haven't checked it out yet.
    3. Chad Thundercucc
      Chad Thundercucc
      So, I've been waiting for about a year to be a guest on the podcast (I submitted the request to be a guest form) still haven't been contacted, and yet there are guests who've already been on the podcast more than once? Maybe there's something I'm missing? Can someone explain why this happened?
    4. Misty
      Misty
      Lately our times have been rather erratic (because we go around my work schedule which has been nuts lately), so some guests aren't approached because their availability doesn't fit with our intended time. Other times, when selecting a guest, I try to find someone who has logged in recently (within the last day or two) -- not only so that they'll reply quickly, but so that our active, dedicated members have a bit of a perk for being that (not to say you're not, I don't monitor your activity or remember specifically checking and seeing you hadn't logged in -- I'm speaking generally). Members who actively listen to the podcast, leave us questions, and comment on it will be approached before those who don't (we want people familiar with the structure of the podcast and who won't bring up things that we've discussed recently).

We have a lot of guest applications and we do try to have one along as often as possible (though our planning is sometimes bad, as was the case for this episode). The best advice I can give is to be patient and remain active around the boards.
    5. Amaury
      Amaury
      Like me. :D

I don't send in a lot of questions, but you know I'm always here, Misty. :P
    6. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      Amaury, leave KHV? The internet would fall!
    7. Amaury
      Amaury
      I love you, too.
    8. Nobodyslight
      Nobodyslight
      Actually, do you have the full Pokemon intro? And you pronounced my name correct btw
    9. Mike
      Mike
      I'm surprised I wasn't asked to be in this episode. This is something I find interesting that you guys did.