KH-Vids Podcast Episode #89: User-Submitted Questions Blowout

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]
    Deprived of anything better to talk about, this week the KH-Vids Podcast flushes out our backlog of user-submitted questions! Joined by staff guest @cstar, @Misty, @libregkd, and @Calxiyn begin by making some early predictions for E3 2015 in light of Square's announcement that they will host their own press conference at the event. We speculate on the presence of Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III, wonder whether there will be any new Kingdom Hearts reveals (a PS4 remaster collection? the smartphone title Nomura hinted at?), and whether Square will finally bequeath to us a Final Fantasy XII remaster.

From there we jump into our user-submitted questions! @Graxe gets mythological and philosophical on us and @Amaury has us consider the battle cries in the Kingdom Hearts series (which launches us into a tangent on party member AI in the series and @Misty 's casual disdain for Donald Duck). By far the biggest contributor to our episode is @Quilligan, who has us cover topics like Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, flatulence, travel, Santa Clause, Mortal Kombat X, celebrities spottings, and the meaning of life.

It's a fun-filled, laid back podcast for the masses!

Please support and participate in the KH-Vids Podcast by leaving us a comment, answering our user-submitted questions, submitting to be a guest, or sending in questions of your own -- and have a Kingdom Hearts day!

usq.png

Download Episode #89 (MP3)
    Subscribe to us on iTunes or through our RSS feed

Interested in being a member guest on the podcast? Fill out our form here and we'll be in touch. Ask us a question by visiting this page or sending an email to podcast@kh-vids.net!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Misty
      Misty
      Given the number of questions we answered in this episode, I thought I'd make it easier for our listeners to share their answers & comment on ours by typing them out for everyone.
      • Hypothetical situation. The world has gone to hell, global warming made everything terrible, and the apocalypse is here. Temperatures have risen drastically, tsunamis are an all-too-common occurrence in day to day life for most cities, and others have just vanished from the map completely, sunken forever. What are your top three favorite colors?
      • If you were gifted a puppy for Christmas, the most adorable puppy you have ever laid eyes upon, BUT you had very mild pet allergies (skin gets a little itchy, eyes might get a tiny bit sore) around them, would you keep the dog or find some way of getting rid of it?
      • What would you do for a single fruit (the size of a grapefruit) from the Tree of Knowledge (either the biblical one or one where the fruit contains absolutely all knowledge ever)? The fruit is edible and will never spoil even after being half-eaten, but is completely flavorless and has no texture.
      • I know this is more of a me thing, but my friend and I were talking about this a while ago and I wanted to see what you guys thought.
        In Kingdom Hearts II, when Simba falls into critical health, he says "I can't do this!" When he gets knocked out, he says "It's up to you now..." When he comes to, either from enough time passing or being healed, he says "It's not over!"
        Do you guys feel these fit Simba's character? Why or why not? My friend was saying that he feels the "falling into critical health" battle cry makes more sense during your first visit to the Pride Lands, but it could have been changed to something else afterward (because he became the king) if the game used variables, like some other games, depending on where you were in the story.
      • You find out that you are a demigod. Which god or goddess from any pantheon conceived you?
      • Is the glass half-empty, half-full, or needs more liquid?
      • Has anyone ever played a Deus Ex game? How do you all feel about Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?
      • Which power would you rather have: the power to read minds, but you fart the whole time you do read minds OR the ability to fly, except you lose an arm and leg?
      • What is your ideal vacation?
      • When was the first time you found out Santa Clause wasn't real? If you never believed in him or something, then what is your favorite childhood memory?
      • Are you a fan of the Mortal Kombat series? Are you stoked for Mortal Kombat X?
      • Have you ever met someone famous or relevant?
      • What is life?
    2. Glen
      Glen
      You dare to not tag me once again in your feeble podcast? Imbeciles! You will only be spared this once because of your entertainment you have provided!
    3. Misty
      Misty
      Whoops, username change had me thrown!
    4. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠
      ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠
      Eyyy more homework distractions. Totally fine with it though, looking forward to listening to it.
    5. Amaury
      Amaury
      @Misty, @libregkd, @Calxiyn, @cstar

Great podcast! I look forward to the next time I'm a guest!

To make a comment, all allies, including Donald, are prioritized to heal Sora first and then themselves, but it depends on where Sora's health is. Using your "always healed Goofy" example, Misty, I'm guessing Goofy was in the red and Sora wasn't. There's a 100% chance of being healed if you're in the red, but if you're low, but still not in the red, there's a high chance you'll be healed, but it won't be a 100% chance.

Take this scenario, where everyone is at critical health:
      • Sora - 25/100
      • Donald - 25/100
      • Goofy - 25/100

Donald, given he has the MP or potions, especially in Kingdom Hearts II, will heal Sora first, then himself, and then Goofy. Now, if the scenario were like this:
      • Sora - 31/100
      • Donald - 24/100
      • Goofy - 22/100

Only Donald and Goofy are in the red, so Donald would heal himself first, then Goofy, and then likely Sora. Also keep in mind that if you set potions to be used freely in Kingdom Hearts II, the allies will use them when someone is at 50% or less health.

Hope this helped. I don't know what your specific scenarios were since I wasn't there, guys, but from my extensive research, I can only guess that's what it was.

Also, @libregkd: Yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow, yellow.
    6. Misty
      Misty
      I assumed it was that Goofy was close to death and I wasn't, but because it's game over if I die while Donald & Goofy are only knocked out for a period time, it makes more sense from a player standpoint to keep Sora alive. That said, having Donald constantly heal Sora and leaving Goofy to die would be poor game design.
    7. Ghost
      Ghost
      If you think Norse God origins are weird just remember that Shu and his wife/sister, Tefnut, were created from Ra ... masturbating in some myths.
    8. Hayabusa
      Hayabusa
      YO NICK WHAT WAS THAT AT THE END ABOUT BATMAN BEING BORING????
    9. libregkd
      libregkd
      It's not a knock against it's quality, its more that I'm not that interested in the Batman game and ther eis nothing else real major releasing in June so it is a rather boring month for me :b
    10. Hayabusa
      Hayabusa
      Alright....I can admit that beside that game, I can't think of any other notable releases.