KH-Vids Podcast Episode #83: Sequel Rights Amendment

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]
    It's time for another episode of the KH-Vids Podcast!

This week @Misty, @libregkd, and @Calxiyn are joined by member guest @lockedongamer for a chat about sequels... and we actually get to talk about Kingdom Hearts this week!

We begin by paying our respects to Leonard Nimoy, who passed away last week at age 82. Nimoy is best known for playing Spock in the original Star Trek series, but has had an illustrious career as an actor, director, writer, and musician, and voiced Master Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. Though we also lament the lack of Kingdom Hearts 3 news, we also acknowledge that Final Fantasy XV's demo is near, and make ourselves feel very old when we realize just how long XV has been in development.

From there we head on to our major topic for the week! We start off by establishing what we want (and don't want) out of a sequel, and discuss a sequel's responsibility to build upon the events of the original material, but also provide an entry-point for new fans. This will be a challenge especially facing Kingdom Hearts 3, as it will be the first entry on a Microsoft console for the series, and we speculate on how that will be handled. Some of our favorite, cited sequels include Mass Effect 2, Assassin's Creed 2, and Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back, and our least favorites are The Sims 4 and Batman: Arkham City.

Returning to the context of the Kingdom Hearts series, we extend the discussion into what changes and improvements we want to see in Kingdom Hearts 3, including changes to the Gummi Ship, achieving the sense of wonder found in the original Kingdom Hearts, a deeper attention to graphics and detail, unique worlds and storylines for returning worlds, a blending of elements from past battle systems, multiple playable characters, and much, much more!

Finally we dive into user-submitted questions! @Graxe questions our favored brands of toothpaste, @Knight of Fafnir wonders about our favorite Keyblades, @Shu brings out the anarchist in Misty, and @Quilligan asks what we thought of Life is Strange!

We didn't really note it in the episode, but today also marks the one-year anniversary of our relaunch of the KH-Vids Podcast! Episode #39 marked a new beginning for the podcast, when we established a regular host lineup, our current format, and, perhaps most importantly, our weekly release schedule. We'd like to thank all our fans, old and new, for listening to us this past year and for participating in the podcast! It's a joy to create this episodes for you guys and I hope to see many more anniversaries in the future. To celebrate, from now on episodes of the KH-Vids Podcast will now be uploaded to our YouTube channel! We hope that this will be an accessible way for our fans to listen to our episodes, as well as bring in a whole bunch of new fans! Episode #83 can be found here.

As always, thank you for listening, and please participate in the podcast by following the links below or leaving us a comment with your thoughts on the episode and your answers to our user-submitted questions! You can also check out our member guest, @lockedongamer, on his YouTube channel.

cover2014.png

Download Episode #83 (MP3)
    Subscribe to us on iTunes or through our RSS feed

Interested in being a member guest on the podcast? Fill out our form here and we'll be in touch. Ask us a question by visiting this page or sending an email to podcast@kh-vids.net!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Amaury
      Amaury
      Loved the podcast, guys!

Not really relevant to the point you were making, but was he 82 or 83? You said 83 in the podcast.

Did my question not make it in on time or do you just pick questions from a pool? :x
    2. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠
      ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠
      Great podcast guys, really enjoying it

holy crap you guys didn't play Infinite? Lol go do that now please.

Edit:

I think I liked Persona 3's story more, but enjoyed Persona 4: Golden more as a game. The proof behind this is how much I am in love with the Persona 3 movies that they are making

As for ranking harry potter I'd say

4, 6, 7, 1, 3, 5, 2
    3. Misty
      Misty
      It's a typo. He was 83.
      We receive a lot of questions and don't answer all of them in one episode -- if we did, the episode would be several hours long. I just pick them out randomly before each episode.
      When it first came out I heard such great things about it that I went and picked up Bioshock 1 & 2 -- I've been told you don't need to have played them to get into Infinite, but I always like starting a series from the beginning. I played through Bioshock fairly quickly, haven't gotten to 2 yet. I do have Infinite because of PS+, excited to play it at some point haha.
      I've put together separate rankings for books vs movies, actually lol. For books...
      1. Goblet of Fire
      2. Chamber of Secrets
      3. Philosopher's Stone
      4. Order of the Phoenix
      5. Deathly Hallows
      6. Half-Blood Prince
      7. Prisoner of Azkaban
      And movies...
      1. Deathly Hallows Part 1
      2. Prisoner of Azkaban
      3. Chamber of Secrets
      4. Goblet of Fire
      5. Philosopher's Stone
      6. Half-Blood Prince
      7. Order of the Phoenix
      8. Deathly Hallows Part 2
    4. Amaury
      Amaury
      That's what I figured. I look forward to your opinions on mine when it gets picked. :)
    5. lockedongamer
      lockedongamer
      So that space exploration I was talking about...

This concept art from the cancelled Kingdom Hearts game has moons and more focus on the art design for the worlds. I have never seen moons in a Kingdom Hearts game. I think space will be the most surprising part of Kingdom Hearts 3, due to it being on PS4 and Xbox One.
      [​IMG]
    6. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      Interesting; I've never heard of anything like this for KH. Where did you find it, if I may ask?
    7. lockedongamer
      lockedongamer