KH-Vids Podcast Episode #79: The Value of Let's Plays

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]
    A podcast? At this hour? Damn straight!

This week @Misty, @libregkd, and @Calxiyn are joined by @Scarred Nobody for a chat about Let's Plays! Before that, we go over some Kingdom Hearts news & updates, and Cal updates us on some recent revelations regarding the Realm of Sleep in Kingdom Hearts χ (Chi).

For our main discussion, we talk about why people watch Let's Plays, why people do Let's Plays, and why parents just don't understand! Misty also brings up the gender divides in viewership and creation of LPs after watching a really enlightening YouTube video on the subject; it turns out, Google is determining your gender in pretty funky ways, and Cal's YouTube channel has a huge female following and she should be proud.

As per usual we answer user-submitted questions; @Eric Luna makes us choose a video game universe to live in and most of the answers will surprise exactly no one, @Graxe asks what's our poison, and @Knight of Fafnir gives Misty an excuse to gush about Life is Strange (and other games coming out in 2015).

Finally, @Scarred Nobody informs us that former KH-Vids member, @fadedphantom, is actually famous and will appear in the Kill la Kill dub set to air on Toonami this month! Once a KHV member, always a KHV member, so check her out as Mrs. Mankanshoku!

cover2014.png

Download Episode #79 (MP3)
    Subscribe to us on iTunes or through our RSS feed

Interested in being a member guest on the podcast? Fill out our form here and we'll be in touch. Ask us a question by visiting this page or sending an email to podcast@kh-vids.net!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Explode
      Explode
      I should note they have videos on Machinima, but their main channel with full LPs is called TheSw1tcher. Obviously check out any games that might appeal to you, but the fan favorites are Silent Hill Downpour, Heavy Rain, and Deadly Premonition, on sheer entertainment value. If you like watching people suffer through bad games, I'd recommend FInal Fight Streetwise, Man Vs. Wild, or Prison Break. For a slightly more serious and intellectual tone, with super messed-up subject matter, go for I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream, Rule of Rose, or Silent Hill 2. And in case it wasn't clear, there's vile language throughout.