KH-Vids Podcast Episode #48: Hoenn Confirmed

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, May 13, 2014.

1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]
    It's Tuesday and you know what that means! New podcast episode wooooo

If you somehow missed this exciting announcement, Nintendo will be releasing remakes of the Generation III Pokemon games (Ruby and Sapphire) this coming November. We decided to nostalgia trip and talk about our lifetime experiences with Pokemon, with the pleasurable company of @Anixe and @Karuta.

Enjoy the episode and share the hype in the comments!

cover2014.png

Download Episode #48 (MP3)
    Subscribe to us on iTunes or through our XML feed

Interested in being a member guest on the podcast? Fill out our form here and we'll be in touch. Ask us a question by visiting this page or sending an email to podcast@kh-vids.net!

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

[TRUMPETS AND WATER INTENSIFY]
    • I'm saving up to buy a 2DS right now. Cheaper, don't mind not having 3D, cheaper...
    • The remakes should be compatible with Gen V (BW, B2W2), given the release of Pokémon Bank with X and Y, and the fact that Nintendo said that all future games should be compatible with Bank.
    • Pokémon in Gen III were actually coded differently than in Gens I and II, preventing cross-generation compatibility. Also there was the whole GBC/GBA deal hurting things.
    • As of right now, I'm planning to get Alpha Sapphire, since it will probably follow the original Sapphire having Lotad as an exclusive~
    • SECRET BASES AND CONTESTS AND POKÉBLOCKS AAAAAAAAAA
    • As of Gen V, you no longer have to focus on Feebas' Beauty stat to evolve; you can just trade a Feebas holding a Prism Scale. :3
    • My first shiny was a Cleffa on Crystal Version~ Since then, I've found Raticate and Shinx on Pearl, Stunfisk in White, and Illumise and Makuhita on my most recent Emerald file. The Makuhita is particularly important because I found a shiny Hariyama on my first Emerald file bUT IT USED WHIRLWIND ON MEEEE
    • Every remake so far has had new stuff in it while retaining the story from the originals; this is more than likely going to be the case in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.
    • Yeah, it's 3D. If it wasn't obvious by the fact that it's part of Gen VI (with X and Y) on the 3DS, the brief footage released this last weekend confirmed it.
    • *checks Serebii* X and Y have the Move Relearner and Move Tutors. The Relearner and Deleter are in a house in Dendemille Town. While there aren't Tutors with a ton of moves, there are a few; look in Laverre City, Snowbelle City, and Route 21.
    • There's some weather in X and Y, and the plot relies pretty heavily on weather. I'd say it's pretty much a given.
    • Dive had a brief reappearance in BW and B2W2, but only in one area.
    • If following Pokémon aren't back, I might cry.
    • Charizard is listed as 5'7" in the Pokédex. I'M TALLER THAN A CHARIZARD. This is why I trust the anime's heights more than the games'. >:|
    • Trubbish evolves into Garbodor.
    • Megas make the most sense for Kyogre and Groudon, given the introduction of Megas this Gen.
    • DO DO DO DO DOOO DOOOOOOOO DO DO DO DO DO POKÉMON JOHTO~!
    • Let's not forget the Church of the Helix, people. :P
    • Favorite Legendary: Darkrai, Suicune, Palkia, Lati@s, Zekrom
    • Favorite non-Legendary: aaaAAAAAA UM UM UH AAASAGFDHGHGHKJHG *EXPLODES*
    • SABBY COME BACK~ YOU CAN BLAME IT AAALLL OOON MISTYYYYYY~~ ♫
    • CALL THE DOCTOR HAVE HIM SAVE ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS WITH THE TARDIS. GOD WOULD ALSO BE ACCEPTABLE AND PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE BEEN MY FIRST THOUGHT.
    • NOOOO I FORGOT TO SEND A QUESTION FOR THIS ONE?! AAAAAAAAAAA *smashes pillowcase full of bricks into face repeatedly*

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  3. Graxe King's Apprentice

It might just be me or it might be intentional, but I'm getting a very different podcast in the player. Download's fine, though.

4. C This silence is mine

I still love you Mike and Sabby, but it's cool to see some newcomers to this podcast. Misty and Stardust seemed pretty chill, you should try to get them on more. What a fun episode.

5. Misty gimme kiss

OMG I'M SORRY I typed episode4 instead of episode48. Fixed now.

6. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

The pikachu in the censor sounds very disappointed in you when you swear.

7. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Ah, I think I keep hearing my mic being moved?! :c Next time, I won't balance my microphone on my bed. ._.

but anyway yeeeeeey~

8. Misty gimme kiss

I think it was either you or Nick, he's been using a handheld mic until I get off my ass and mail him my old headset
    No big tho~

9. Plums Wakanda Forever

So when you finish FFX then? :b

Anyway, I still feel bad I had to skip out on this one. :C I am so pumped for Gen. 3 remakes and going through Hoenn again. Also, to clarify one thing, the Pokemon Bank feature will be compatible with all games made after X and Y, so it will work with OR/AS.

also I TOTALLY thought that first "pika!" was Anixe and not the censor sound lmao

10. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

HAH, nice intro :'D Also how the frick was that "PI-KA" so clear

/silently cries at not getting the chance to be in this one

11. Misty gimme kiss

As we do more episodes you can really see that my audio skillz are increasing.

You know, to make higher quality episodes. Not to use dumb sfx. Nope not at all.