KH-Vids Podcast Episode #45: The Socialization of Gaming

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]
    Hi everyone! It's Tuesday and you know what that means...!

First off I'd like to apologize that we didn't have an episode last week. We were all rather floored by schoolwork & such, making scheduling difficult. But we're back this week and there will hopefully not be another week missed for some time!

This week @Misty, @libregkd, and @Llaverion sat down with our member guest @Kraz to discuss streaming, sharing, Let's Plays, walkthroughs, and how they've taken over the gaming experience! We split the topic into two halves; first we discuss the medium as consumers, and then as creators.

You can check out our special member guest, @Kraz, on YouTube, where he posts frequent walkthroughs and let's plays. Our hosts also share their gaming experiences (@Misty on YouTube and Twitch; @libregkd on Twitch) all over the net so give 'em a look!

We hope you all enjoy the episode. Please comment with any thoughts you have about any of the topics we brought up! If you like to create let's plays, stream, or do gaming videos in general, please feel free to share your channels in the comments!

I'd also like to add that our next episode will be a Staff Questions podcast. You can submit questions by posting them in the thread (which has more information on what a Staff Questions podcast is), using the form (linked below), or emailing them to podcast@kh-vids.net. We'll likely be recording on Saturday the 26th so get your questions in before then!

cover2014.png

Download Episode 45 (MP3)
    Subscribe to us on iTunes or through our XML feed

Interested in being a member guest on the podcast? Fill out our form here and we'll be in touch. Ask us a question by visiting this page or sending an email to podcast@kh-vids.net

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

How do you choose what to cut out? :) Like, I noticed me asking about the silly questions being cut out in an earlier episode was cut out and it just skipped to your response to that.

3. Misty gimme kiss

I try to cut out as little as possible, but I also don't want episodes to get too long (I try to stay around an hour long max). Usually it's easy because we get off on tangents that can be removed, but little "sorry I wasn't paying attention," personal questions, or in this case, specificity are sometimes also good ways to save a few seconds. I try my best to not make edits noticeable, of course it's less so for the people who were actually in the call.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

That skip transition was very smooth. I only noticed, well, because I was the guest this time, haha!

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Some friends and I have toyed with the idea of doing some Let's Plays, but haven't actually done any yet.

I've only ever watched TPP (it slays me seeing progress NOT HAPPEN), but the lore it's spawned is fantastic.

i wouldn't object to a stream of a shirtless guy eating doritos *SHOT*

yooo a KHV Let's Play/stream would be dope

"You guys should definitely check it [the KH3 title concept video] out." "It was neat." Dare I say that it was...simple and clean? *SHOT*

I was thinking about Frozen with that question...but mostly Alan Menken's song from way early in development, Love Can't Be Denied. I was also thinking of Proud of Your Boy from Aladdin and Someday from Hunchback in particular~

YASSSS SBARRO'S IS THE BEST AND COKE > PEPSI

yes thank u for staff podcast question deadline bless

Aww, I miss the Moogle censor, though... :P

6. ShinkiroRagna Moogle Assistant

What a great Podcast this was. I been lazy and never signed up on KH vids, but now I did. I am a new user, but I been a KH fan since the release of KH1 on PS2. Now it's time For ShinkiroRags to dig into the forums since I have more free time.

7. Misty gimme kiss

Welcome to the site Shinkiro! Glad to have you around and to have another listener. :) Feel free to contact me if you need any help getting around or just have some general questions.

8. Cherry Berry Chaser

Can I just say I just love listening to the podcasts? c:

Though most of the time I'm just silently listening rather than complementing you guys ;0

So I loved this podcast~ I agree with Misty in the sense that at times it's better to watch a stream than a tv show (as there's nothing good on and we just feel like it uwu).

YOOOOOOO A potential KHV let's play sounds dope! ;000

LLAVE YOU ALSO LIKE MARKEPLIER (I CANT SPELL IT RIGHT BUT SLJFKDODJDNDMALSKDK omg ;u;).

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

If this is actually in talks, I am 100% on board. I have all the necessary equipment and plenty of time to kill, and I was planning to start doing stuff like that anyway.

10. Misty gimme kiss

Yeah we've played around with the idea a lot before. One of the really cool things we were floating was doing a kind of site-wide Let's Play, wherein we'll say like "okay everyone play Traverse Town these week and then we'll regroup to discuss it afterwards." Someone would also stream the assignment of the week in case people can't play it for whatever reason but still want to take part in the discussion. For the discussion we'd talk about things we'd found interesting or forgot about, things that maybe foreshadow something that happens later in the series, what bosses we had difficulty with, etc. If people have capture cards and junk then that makes it even better because they can share screenshots or videos

Or if people aren't into that, then just streaming in general. But yeah it's a cool thing I'd love to get rollin'!

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Hm... Not bad, but I think we can build on it. What if we have smaller groups of people record segments of play and co-commentate with each other, then splice the footage and make a video out of it? ...ok nvm when I actually say that it sounds like a nightmare to organize :'D My ambition's getting ahead of me again. Diggin' your idea tho.