KH-Vids Podcast Episode #44: The Rise of Mobile Gaming

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Misty, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Misty gimme kiss

[​IMG]
    Tuesday podcast gogogo!

Joined by our special guests @DigitalAtlas and @Krowley, your podcast hosts (@Misty, @libregkd, and @Llaverion) sat down to talk about mobile gaming. From handhelds to cellphones, the rise of mobile games has unquestionably diversified the gaming market both in products and consumers. Today we're seeing how the structure of mobile games -- particularly free to play models, microtransactions, and gate keeping -- has bled into console games.

Check out the episode and let us know what you think!

cover2014.png

Download Episode #44 (MP3)
    Subscribe to us on iTunes or through our XML feed

Interested in being a member guest on the podcast? Fill out our form here and we'll be in touch. Ask us a question by visiting this page or sending an email to podcast@kh-vids.net!

We're also planning to do a new Staff Questions podcast for our recently hired team members, so be on the lookout for that!

2. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

It was an honor being a guest on this week's episode. I hope they invite me back in the future.

It was a very fun time, very down to earth, and I felt as if I made new friends out of people I've known for a quarter of my life.

But seriously guys, submit 'dem questions and apply! It's only an hour or so of your day and you'll have a blast.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

@Misty, @Llaverion, @libregkd, @Krowley, @DigitalAtlas

You talked about Dragon Quest VIII. I love you.

Also, I'm gonna send in some questions. I have some good ones. Also, Misty, when do we hear about applications we sent in to be on the podcast?

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Hmm, gotta think of a good question for this next one...

Hearing your responses to my questions this week was really interesting~ :3

5. ShibuyaGato Transformation

These are always a treat to listen to, and having Jay as a guest made me smile a lot (the cursing thing was hilarious).not enough Toriyama though

Looking forward to next week.

6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Somebody mentioned Child of Light this week? According to her Facebook page, Lindsey Stirling is releasing a cover of some music from that pretty soon.

7. Shuhbooty moon child

@Krowley had my answer! Find something to live form if it's video games books a person etc.

I actually found this portable Xbox.. Case at gamestop today. It was 250, and it came with this mini TV, and a slot for your Xbox. Literally you could take this on the go and play anywhere you wanted. Which mortified me xD

I also need to resubmit a guest soot! Makes me jelly Krowley got on again. :3

8. Misty gimme kiss

Usually I've just been contacting people a day or two before the episode and seeing if they're interested in appearing. I think I did notice that you marked on yours that you didn't have headphones, which we require to avoid echo (some mics won't pick it up but we like to be safe). A cheap pair of earbuds will do the trick if you want to pick some up.
    I actually know someone with one of these! He uses it for his PS3 but it's the same idea. It's kinda cool really, sadly it's quite bulky so I can't see carrying it around to like... school or something, but if you travel a lot it could be a neat addition.

9. Shuhbooty moon child

I can see that being awkwardly long and bulky. Same with the Xbox, but it wouldn't be as long. I was so sacred when I saw it, its next level nerdyness. Now kids would have these instead of laptops at all the free WiFi shops to play online LOL

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

I do have headphones. Did I say I didn't? If so, sorry. :x

11. Misty gimme kiss

Gotcha, okay. Otherwise we don't go in a particular order for the participants, obviously those who submitted first will be considered first but sometimes scheduling doesn't work out etc. Obviously since we record every week there's plenty of chance to get on (and soon), although with an upcoming staff questions podcast & another special one we have in the works we might be light on guests in the coming weeks.

12. Hayabusa Venomous

God I need to start listening to podcasts a lot more. The last one before this was...last summer (the one I was in lololol,) but I personally had an issue figuring out who was who from the male voices a lot, except I knew Krowley from his mic, no offense ._.

I'm kinda glad you guys gave religion a mature discussion instead of taking specific sides too, and acknowledging Pope Francis for his striving to recommend Christians to be better Christians. And once abortion got brought up....I just knew Misty was ready to jump on that ;P

13. Krowley Moderator

I'm working on getting a new one :/

Haha, don't be. I sort of defaulted myself into participating since the rest of staff were busy or unable.
    Also, enthusiasm is appreciated in all site activities, so send away!