KH-Vids Podcast Episode #108: Cloud in Smash Bros!

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by libregkd, Nov 17, 2015.

1. libregkd -

[​IMG]
    It's time for the KH-Vids Podcast!

After a bit of a break, hosts @Calxiyn and @libregkd are joined by staff guest @Cat~ and member guests @Kingdom Hearts530 and @Laura Matsuda to discuss the ins and outs of the surprise announcement of Cloud Strife's inclusion in Super Smash Bros!

Our user-submitted question this week comes from @Kingdom Hearts530 and tasks us with choosing between Science and Magic. This week for Table Topics everyone (tries) to talk about their favorite family traditions and we discuss what are earliest memories are.

Please support and participate in the KH-Vids Podcast by leaving us a comment, answering our user-submitted questions, submitting to be a guest, or sending in questions of your own!

31034-800602006d67fed8141082cba3e8cbe4.jpg
    Download Episode #108 (MP3)
    Subscribe to us on iTunes or through our RSS feed
    Interested in being a member guest on the podcast? Fill out our form here and we'll be in touch. Ask us a question by visiting this page or sending an email to podcast@kh-vids.net!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by libregkd, Nov 17, 2015.

1. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠
      ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠
      Glad the break wasn't permanent, this will be fun to listen to WHILE I SELL MY SOUL TO FALLOUT 4
    2. Hiro ✩
      Hiro ✩
      Boom! That's how you guest star in a podcast and make a big scene!

Had a lot of fun talking about this. Finally got a good chance to geek out about Cloud in Smash ^.^
    3. Misty
      Misty
      I think this episode is a testament to how well the new guesting system works, it was great to hear guests who have a lot to say on the subject. It also offered a nice variety of opinions, with big Smash fans like Hector versus people like Nick who are more FF fans. I'm glad we have none of those silly petition people here, either. I don't have particular thoughts on the subject because I'm not a fan of Smash or FFVII but I enjoyed the episode.

I'm a little bummed that Cal didn't try to do my spiels on user-submitted questions and other ways to participate, though. ;(
    4. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠
      ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠
      While I find the whole petition thing to be a tad silly (as the chances of it having any sort of real impact on Nintendo is laughably low). I also don't think the petition itself nor those who made it are an issue. I find it a tad silly that Cloud of all characters was picked, as his history with Nintendo barely exists. That being said, as a marketing power play, Nintendo picked the right character. A lot of people love FFVII, and due to the nature of popularity, there are a lot of people who don't. That's pretty much all you need in terms of marketing, people are going to talk about it.

I don't think people should be making a huge deal about this per say, however there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with it (not saying you think or say this, just rambling).
    5. libregkd
      libregkd
      It was kind of an interesting comparison watching the Cloud's Smash trailer and then watching his Dissidia trailer, which just dropped yesterday.

And yeah. It's obvious that Cloud in Smash is not only just because he has a large fanbase regardless of Nintendo affiliation, but it's obvious it's a marketing push for not only the FFVII brand in anticipation for the remake that was announced earlier this year (even if said remake isn't on Nintendo platforms. Kinda like how Snake was a marketing push for MGS4 which we all know never actually got released on anything but the PS3) but also a marketing push for the FF brand in general as Smash has an audience that may not actually be part of the traditional FF audience. Which helps games like Dissidia, which releases later this month in Japan (arcades), because an arcade FF game is already moving out of the comfort zone of where you'd traditionally see an FF game.
    6. Heart ❤
      Heart ❤
      Ohey I forgot not to use curses. Oops sorry @libregkd :D
    7. Calxiyn
      Calxiyn
      I could never be able to copy your speed nor your eloquence.
    8. Scarred Nobody
      Scarred Nobody
      You could always prerecord it and just insert it into every episode. Record one part at a time, then edit out gaps.

Or not.
    9. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      Or: Copy+paste Misty's spiel from previous episodes into the episode.
    10. Hayabusa
      Hayabusa
      So let's revise our wishlists for Smash, everyone.

Y'know what's really hard though? Thinking of non-Japanese characters, who have been on Nintendo consoles, that could fit in the game.

Here's my wishlist now, along with likelihood depicted by exclamation marks (more ! = more likely, five max):
      • Red from Transistor (!) [only if the game ends up ported]
      • Amaterasu from Okami (!!)
      • Wonder Red from The Wonderful 101 (!!!)
      • Bayonetta from Bayonetta (!!!!)
      • Inkling from Splatoon (!!!!!)