Kingdom Hearts English patch for KHFM?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Sorox, Aug 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorox Merlin's Housekeeper

So I know there's an english patch for KHII:FM+, and also for KHBBSFM, but as far as I can tell, there's no english patch for the original KHFM. Anyone know if one exists that I might have missed? I've searched for it for about an hour yesterday going through about 10-15 search pages on google.

And yes, I've also searched this forum.

(Note: Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm surmising this is the best place to post this)

2. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Patches like that are in no way shape or form easy to make.

3. Sorox Merlin's Housekeeper

I know, but seeing as there are patches for the recently made games, I'd think there would be a patch for a 9 year old game.

4. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Supply and demand.

If someone who is a great hacker is going to make a translation patch you make one for the newest game and the one that will get them more known.
    Its like a business. If it doesn't benefit them then there is no reason to do it.

5. Haeralis The Brave Merlin's Housekeeper

It's quite a shame too. Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix is very difficult to navigate, where as Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix is very easy to navigate. I memorized everything in KHII FM due to the fact that pretty much everything had a picture. Without the translation guide, KH1 FM would have been impossible.

6. DarkRiku96 Merlin's Housekeeper

I want an English Kh FM too,i think that it's impossibile to do that.
    Maybe An highly-experienced programmer could do that patch,And we have to understand how game data works,and the US font should be imported from The US version of KH.

7. Misty gimme kiss

That's a lot of work. As Luxord said, for that amount of work, people are going to do put time & effort into a project that more people will care about. KHFM is old news at this point, unfortunately.

8. darkriku2000 Merlin's Housekeeper

As others have said, it's unfortunately not very likely. I'd personally LOVE to see it but:

A)Final Mix didn't add a lot to the game, at least not on the level as FM+ to make it worth the translation to the people who would know how to do it
    B) It would require a LOT of time. Square put a lot of protection in their games (at least in the KH PS2 games) and it would take a lot of time just to make the tools, and even more time to translate it

9. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

That isn't actually true. There isn't much to protect because ps2 never gets updates with software like a ps3 would so there won't ever be any official patches and the files inside of the disc or iso would just be compressed. To save disc space that is the only reason it is hard to find or hack this stuff.

10. darkriku2000 Merlin's Housekeeper

True, I guess I shouldn't have said "protection". But at the very least, or from what I understand at least, the compression between the 2 games are different. Which is why, for example, you can't use xeeyanmo's tools to translate KHFM... right? I should stop talking now <_<

11. sora6645 Kingdom Keeper

There is a English patch begin made by my team and I right now if your interested . We need more translators and beta testers . Are u intrested ? It's also right on this website as well

12. Xenao Traverse Town Homebody

at this moment in time (2013) its doesnt matter 1.5 is out soon

13. Misty gimme kiss

This is a very old thread (two years). There's no need to bump it... The project you guys are working on is awesome & if people are interested, feel free to check it out in the Code Vault, but I think most people will just be waiting a few more hours (or days if you're not in NA) for 1.5.

_CLOSED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.