Digital Art Endless Despair

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Laplace, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

[​IMG]

Matching Display Picture:

[​IMG]

Remember kids, do not leave Photoshop for 3+ months to suddenly go back one day, just, don’t do it. ._.

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Just noticed these and thought I'd weigh in since NOBODY ELSE SEEMS TO CARE ABOUT THIS BRILLIANT CLUSTERFCK OF A FIGHTER

Also sry if I am vague or hard to follow, truth be told I really don't know much about GFX myself so I use all the wrong words to describe things

As far as the signature: For going in raw off a three-month break it's not bad at all. I will say that it feels a bit cluttered; the bright dots of color, for instance, may be a bit much. But I'm diggin' the palette, especially the swathes of color to his left and right. The way the text blends into the bg is lovely - almost looks grainy, but in a good way, like the letters are being swept away in sand or something.

The avatar, by contrast, looks a tad too plain. It may've done to shrink the image a bit so you could fit in those columns of color to his left. That'd also offset Terumi's alignment in the image, which would be a plus as his face is almost dead center at the moment.

3. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

It's okay, the important thing is that atleast you tried. Your critique seems pretty easy to follow too.

Yeah, the bright dots of color may be too much, but I was afraid it would look too plain otherwise, let me fix this: [​IMG]

And yeah, Terumi's placement on the Avatar is... Just bad, and it looks kinda plain, so let me just fix this too: [​IMG]

Sadly as you can see, I can't move it too much without blocking off some of the BG effects on the left and right (Which actually exist as you can see when Terumi's face isn't covering the entire thing). But eh, maybe I'll try my luck with Avatars later. This one was mostly done to shake off the rust.

4. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Oh yeah, they both got better right away. Avatar's still kinda center-happy but like you said, wouldn't wanna move it too much farther. And now the contrast between pink and cream colors is more striking. Well done c: