Help Embed error?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by . : tale_wind, Feb 28, 2015.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I tried embedding a Soundcloud link in a post just a second ago--I know it should work; I've done it before, and it's listed under the sites supported by the video embed option--but each time I tried to make the post with the link, the site would tell me:

The following error occurred:
    A server error occurred. Please try again later.

The same pop-up appeared when I tried to edit the link into the post. Help?

2. Misty gimme kiss

Yeah Soundcloud embeds have been shoddy for ages, when they work they constantly throw server errors. I haven't gotten around to looking at the embed code, but I'll disable it for now so that it'll just display a link (and you'll be able to edit your post).

3. Misty gimme kiss

You should now be able to do Soundcloud embeds! I've redone the code myself, previously we were using a version found on the XF resource site that just wasn't working properly. It works like other media embeds, where you need only paste in the link and it'll auto-embed when you submit the post. Here's what it looks like:

The BBCode it parses into is as follows:
    Code:
    [MEDIA=soundcloud]adventure-time-official/adventure-time-version[/MEDIA]
    Old Soundcloud embeds might be broken right now, so I'll sweep through and update them.

Edit Also, if anyone is curious, the player uses HTML5 and should work well on mobile devices/smaller screen sizes.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Thanks! I appreciate the help and all the work. :D