Fixed Email Delivery Delay

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Amaury, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

So emails have been fixed for quite a while now; however, they are not being received instantly. This has been an issue since they were fixed, but I figured I'd give it a few days as I thought perhaps things were just getting accustomed. Several months later, though, and this is still going on.

It's not consistent, either. It's not like they're always X so and so late, it's completely random. Once in a blue moon, they'll be received instantly.

See these screenshots for some examples:

KHV (1).PNG KHV (2).PNG KHV (3).PNG KHV (4).PNG KHV (5).PNG KHV (6).PNG

I noticed Outlook 2016 seems to have an additional time showing when whatever was done in the top right—I do not recall this being in Windows Live Mail as it just shows the date/time emails are delivered—such as an HP coupon email being delivered at 7:21 AM today, but showing 6:26 AM, but that's not the delivery time, and it's not even perfect, either (notice the minute difference), but that's a hell of a lot better than the actual delivery time. (I'm actually not sure what that's called.) For the delivery time itself, I think it's normal for the email delivery to be one minute later than the time a reply was made if, say, the reply was made at 7:30:55 AM.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  2. Amaury Legendary Hero

3. libregkd -

So, to be blunt, I'm surprised you are getting emails at all. While things have been done to at least temporarily fix email, there always ends up being errors again. All these issues stem from problems we've had with our host, more specifically issues he has with the server we use for emails facing issues from most major email providers. This, unfortunately, is beyond our control. We've begun looking at other hosts for KH-Vids but until we make the move, there is going to be email problems.

I am really sorry for any inconvenience this causes. As someone who used the email system for certain stuff on KHV, I understand how frustrating it can be.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

Thanks, @libregkd. I know @Karuta informed me the last time they were "fixed," the fix was the host, who we're also with, moving you guys to a new server because the one you were on was blacklisted, and that's why emails weren't being received at all then. So I'm guessing this one has become blacklisted as well or something similar for unknown reasons, and this is something we've also been dealing with since before he hosted you guys. It's just not as big a deal for us since we're extremely small, whereas you guys are, well, not, haha!

The strange thing is, even though we're with the same host and we've also had the same issues until he last "fixed" it, we seem to be receiving emails just fine. I wonder if it's because we're smaller and there's not so much to process?

For example, I created a test conversation with our test account at 8:08 PM and then made two replies at 8:11 PM and 8:14 PM:

KHF.PNG

Maybe it's just a fluke, though, I don't know.

Edit: Replied to a thread I'm watching at 8:24 PM:

KHF 2.PNG

Posted a new thread in a forum I'm watching at 8:25 PM:

KHF 3.PNG

Edit: At least for me, this is the case. It may be different for others.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017