358/2 Days Dustflier help?!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by Inverser361, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Inverser361 Destiny Islands Resident

I am only 1 mission away from being able to get sora, but...

I CAN'T SEEM TO BEAT THE DUSTFLIER!!!!!!

Could anyone help me?
    I'll try anything, as long as it isn't too complicated.

2. Rhiscx Banned

I haven't played in a while, but I kinda remember my stradegy. You should have a glide of lvl 2 or higher, so to never touch the ground. The trick is to watch it's movements. If if rises quickly, It'll ram. If it rises slowly, it will do a flip. If it rises its head it will summon fire balls. To dodge these, start by being far from it then jump in the air and try to fly in a curved angel to miss the fire balls and get near its head. I believe I was in my 60's when I defeated it and I had a ring (forget it's name) it gave 100% immunity to all negative status ailments, but had "risky play" ability as well. Hope this helps, and good luck getting Sora!

3. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Actually the best way to defeat the fire balls is to use O-guard. Since they go around you it protects everything around you. Glide is best used in this game as is those aerial dashes to help change which direction you go faster. Also equip a ton of elixirs. I had 13 with me I believe.

4. Llave Superless Moderator

To add to this; (i haven't played in Xions! (ha get it Xion- eon? aw well...) ) Strategies for his moves.

1. when he summons fire balls- do what Bustersword777 said or what i do, i will shield myself with the column entrance to the station. if he's near more to the end of the field, (farthest from the entrance to get up to the station square) go behind the column closest to the underground entrance. (*note- NEVER on stairs parts, im talking about the very ends*) and vice-versa. Once its all clear get to him as fast as possible and get a few hits on him.

2. Flipping- (you'll be able to tell after fighting him for a while, his moves are predictable, they are easy to dodge once you get the hang of it. they are just very powerful and a pain as they always leave an effect on you.) Anyways, i glide away from him and do a u-turn. it should be enough time and he will sit back down. Get some hits on him.

3. Dash forward Attack- its easy, just air dash to the side, just dont get too cocky, i prefer dashing perpendicular to his movements. i.e.- say he's at 12o'clock and your 6o'clock, he will dash at you. go 9o'clock or 3o'clock, Pushing it close would be 10 and 2o'clock.

one more thing after every attack move, he will jump up and move somewhere else. when he lands, he will create a sonic wave on the floor, dont get caught in that. when he jumps, jump and glide around at a safe distance away. till he lands. *Dont attack then, he will then use one of the 3 moves, then you dodge, then attack, then the cycle repeats itself for however long it takes.
    Hope this helps. Slay that sucker:)

P.S. dont forget curaga to the highest amount you can equip, you don't need any magic to fight him.

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It is a very repetitive battle. As I hope you've figured out by now, when it hits the ground to make a shock-wave it charges the ground to deal damage even if you jump over the shock-wave. In my experience Using Zero Gear with three ability slots was a big help. Defender and Damage Control are pretty useless by the Second Chance is a god-send.

My main advice is that when you are waiting for an opening you should be gliding. And don't rush the battle, he gives plenty of clean openings so don't throw away the battle trying to make your own.

Unlike BusterSword777, I would not recommend Master's Circle. Risky Play isn't that bad, but Perma-Plight will make this far more trouble than the status immunity is worth.
    Instead, I would use Full Circle (20% resist, no cost) until you figure out what is really causing you trouble and swap to the proper equipment for that. For me it was Down to Earth since the somersault was bypassing my Second Chance from Zero Gear.

6. Inverser361 Destiny Islands Resident

Could anyone figure out the name? Oh, and I am lvl 65. I also need a keyblade recommendation.

7. Mixt The dude that does the thing

look at the last segment of my last post

8. Inverser361 Destiny Islands Resident

Thank GOD, I beat him. Thx to u all.
    I FINALLY HAVE SORA!!!!!!

P.S., it took me an hour and a half just gliding, then 2 combo-ing, over and over again, lol.

9. Llave Superless Moderator

Hahaa congrats!!! yeah he's a real pain, SE really knew how to make the most powerfully predictable enemy that would take at least 20 minutes to beat. But he's always fun to go back and try to beat faster:)

10. Inverser361 Destiny Islands Resident

Once I get used to sora, i'm gonna fight the dustflier in mission mode with sora.

WISH ME LUCK!! Lol

11. Iskandar King of Conquerors

yeah, i had already beat the game and I fought him for fun. I was at lv100 with the Zero Gear and it took me close to two hours because he kept doing attacks that wouldn't let me attack back

12. larxenex Merlin's Housekeeper

If you've already beaten the Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days game, you should purchase ZeroGear and you should link the attack, magic, and sight panels to it. You should also equip yourself with Hi-Potions and Potions. You could buy the ZeroGear at the Moogle Shop after you finish the game. (I agree with Wingly.) The power panel gives you high power, the magic panel makes your magic go up, and the sight panel lets you do critical damage to your enemy.