Duolingo Language Learning Battle Royale!

Discussion in 'The Playground' started by Calxiyn, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Midnight Star Master of Physics

Huh your mobile version is different to my mobile version of it, I wonder why.

2. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

I think the hearts are in a beta or something. It also depends on your phone, if you have an older phone then you don't get newer updates right

3. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Midny, I've been doing more practice than new skills. I don't start a new skill until all my other skills are strengthened up to being gold. If even a single skill isn't gold, I don't start a new skill. XD And then even after that I hit the general practice thing a few times so that I can make sure I know it. XD

4. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Hey language learners! Sorry I haven't been posting too much but it was the last week of work so everything was crazy. I have to admit I'm a little frustrated with the app right now because I can't get past prepositions. However if anyone else is on mobile and is in a similar position, on the Duolingo website it actually shows you more of an in depth lesson

and it goes on.PNG

I'm going to see if this ends up helping me but in case anyone else is in that position, go on the website and get some extra help!

5. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I keep forgetting to look at that section on the website. XD I just keep doing the lessons and then later sometimes I'm like "Oh yeah maybe if I'd read this earlier I could have saved a bit of a headache" XD

6. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Ranks reset today! I'll be posting them later but remember to add me as a friend if you don't wanna send in your score!

7. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Work is super busy lately so I won't be getting such a good score XD

8. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Yeah me neither XD and even though I have time to catch up now that work is done I'm so busy with videos rn that I won't be able to do it today lol

9. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

KHV won't let be upload a picture for some reason BUT I just typed out the numbers, so our leader board for the week of the 20-27 is....

1160 XP
    [​IMG]Cal

898 XP

[​IMG]Kaisa

210 XP
    [​IMG]Midny

190 XP
    [​IMG]Plush Chrome

10 XP
    [​IMG]Agent_Aussie

0 XP
    [​IMG]Kevin Gillespie

0 XP
    [​IMG]Tafatho

0 XP
    [​IMG]Cat~

@Huginn @Cat~ @C I hope to see you guys back on the leaderboard next week, if you need any help let us know! Also if anyone thinks I got their numbers wrong let me know, I'm kinda tired and I may have misclicked on something lol.

10. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Hey everyone!~ I'm just going to update the leaderboard again. My week was pretty sucky because of Fan Expo and figuring out University stuff but I still got on there. Also some of y'all got cut off while I was doing the scores (cause it refreshed without me) and so I had to do some math. I suck at math so if you think your score is wrong let me know Lmao. But seriously though, if you got 2000 points or 10 points y'all are doing a good job learning at your own pace

1020 XP
    [​IMG]Agent_Aussie

286 XP
    [​IMG]Kaisa

210 XP
    [​IMG]Cal

193 XP
    [​IMG]Midny

40 XP
    [​IMG]Plush Chrome

0 XP
    [​IMG]Kevin Gillespie

0 XP
    [​IMG]Tafatho

0 XP
    [​IMG]Cat~

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  11. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Thank you Cal! My life's been fairly busy too, but just with basic work stuff so yeah. XD Hopefully I get into the swing of things more soon!

12. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

13. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Crap, zero XP. XD Ouch. XD At least I still know "eu bebo cafe com leite." XD (I drink coffee with milk, lol)

I just got hired last night, lol. And yeah, it's got me pretty busy, but I also have had a few problems at work lately, my kitchen sink broke, and I have family visiting tomorrow night, so I'm pretty much just busy in general atm. XD

I gotta get back on the language thing though seriously XD

14. Midnight Star Master of Physics

[​IMG]

15. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

SO I should probably talk about what happened to this real quick. My phone was being buggy as hell and generally didn’t want anything to do with anything, and I lost my streak.

My 58 day streak.

And I cried a little bit and haven’t done it for a while, I feel like this thread has gone from being a competition to us like, venting our angst over how we kinda suck XD and that’s okay lol.

But seriously as the app is getting harder and harder it’s kicking my ass, is anyone else having the same problem? Lol.

16. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

tbh I've been so crazy busy that I haven't been able to do almost anything, be it writing or drawing or duolingo. XD Hopefully things quiet down soon though, and I'll be able to start up again. XD That owl is probably super ticked off at me rn XD