Dumbass kills daughter for refusing to pray

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Rho, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Rho Twilight Town Denizen

2. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Um, may I ask what religion he belonged too. Looking at the website, I could tell that it wasn't Christianity. If it were Christianity, it would've probably been posted.

I'm someone who stands up for religion, and when I hear things such as this it gets me upset. People have always killed in the name of their religous beleifs. That's not what beleive is for; it's for people to find purpose in life and prove there is something much greater than ourselves. There are extreamists on both sides of the argument of religion, but those who kill in the name of their god(s) are most likely not listening to god. It's some other kind of 'diety' speaking to them.

And about that line about having religious beliefs, can we be a little more respectful please?

3. Key master Sora Traverse Town Homebody

In everyone's hearts as the connection....
    Okay, this isn't right at all... Some people take it too far... I know god isn't bad at all, It's the choices the people make. So I don't like it when they say "god told me to do it" or "God wants this..." because what these people are doing go against the 10 commandments and god wouldn't want us to do that at all. That reminds me of the picketers outside of a soldier's funeral. They were saying that god was punishing the world because of all the gays, **** and abortions happening in the united states. It makes me sad to see people do that...

4. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

I'm sorry to say this in a serious thread, but your constant esteem for Canada makes me feel like I live here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmZYIyySxPE

Having heard this on the news, I think they said her father was Muslim, but that could be wrong. No matter what religion the man was, there is no way of justifying killing someone, especially your own child, because of their religious beliefs (or lack thereof). It's disgusting. Someone get that man detained and sent to a psychiatrist.

5. Twilight Knight Traverse Town Homebody

Hey, there are f***ed up people in this world. Thankfully, I've learned to deal with it and keep going on in my life as I normally would. Just remember: they probably have a lower intelligence than you.

6. Mixt The dude that does the thing

The ironic thing is that many religions involve evangelism for the sake of providing others with a better afterlife (be it heaven, a better reincarnation form, etc.) I can't think of a single religion offhand that would consider this to even be okay.

Actually to my knowledge it has less to do with thier intellegence and more to do with an unstable psyche. Commonly the Superego failing to keep the Id in check.

7. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

When I first saw this, I immediately thought of Reverend Brown from Inherit the Wind who condemned both his own daughter and a little boy to Hell. It's really horrible what some people will do for religion, which is why I try to explain that Holy Texts are never to be taken at face value. This guy is a disgrace to religion everywhere and something needs to be done about him permanently, whether it be an execution or vaporization a-la USSR.

8. Sara Tea Drinker

Okay, I know I'm going to get flamed with this, but here goes:

First of all, I do believe in god, I hate religion. For many reasons, a few will be posted here. Also, I go only by the news, because I haven't set foot in any religious establishment except once in Canada to admire its beauty since I found out my dad gave his life savings to the church as an Evangelical.

Second, Christianity has at least two different branches, there might be more, probably so. Born again and Evangelical, there's probably hundreds more, but there are bad Christians out there. My dad joined one of the Evangelical churches and still goes there and probably dumps half of his paycheck there every week. There are good Christians who help families who are poor and there are people who kick out family members and disown them for being gay. If not, they bring them to rehab to get electric shock therapy.

Yes, I have read an article about it. I'd post it, but I'd get banned at the least due to its very graphic descriptions. And no, I won't give it out if you ask me privately. There are supportive and loving Christians also.

Thirdly, despite everything that is flying around Muslims. There are good muslims out there who treat their family like they should. My state, which is kinda weird if you think about it since its locality, has a lot of Muslim families mixed in. I've never talked to many of them due to most families coming after 2000 after I graduated, but I've seen them at markets and at the hospital to get check-ups and such and they seem perfectly happy. There's also ones who yes, stone to death a woman because she had something happen to her that was beyond her control.

There are many types of religions out there, and many controversies tied with each one. The problem is, since 9/11 the press and the U.S. have been all over Muslims due to their religion and beliefs, sometimes its good, sometimes it's bad. If this was a child being sexually abused in church, we'd jump to conclusions about the Catholics being the ones behind it. It could be a cult, it could be a Christian church, it could be Mormon or any other religion out there. But we'd go instinctively to Catholics. And yes, my godparents are catholic. And they're some of the nicest people I know. It could be any church, it's partially what we've seen, its partially human nature.

The point I'm getting, it could be any religion out there. We have no right to judge which one, we can post our thoughts, but not point fingers at a random religion. Also, I feel for the family, yes, the person was probably mentally unstable. It could be many reasons, it could've been an excuse or any other event that caused it. It reminds me of the tragedy of Columbine shooting where one of the shooters asked a girl if she believed in God and she said yes and he killed her.

It's sad, and it happens way too often.

9. raceing227 Destiny Islands Resident

Me too.^ Anyways this is just wrong, and parents should just accept their child for who they are and what their habbits are. I mean this is terrible. And I live like 2 or 3 hours away from Montreal... Yeah what that man did was just wrong.

10. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I actually sort of agree there. Although I am a Catholic, I feel that my unique views on our doctrine could be grounds for me to split off into something of my own, though it wouldn't necessarily constitute religion. I don't hate religion, but it's begun to cause many problems in my life that I'm not yet ready to deal with. I'll always consider myself Catholic, just a unique one with a sort of "apatheist" view in that I believe in God and all that, but He is suddenly disproven, I won't care.

Actually, if you're referring to what I think, the two branches are Catholic and Protestant, with Catholicism being one religion and Protestantism being made up of several denominations including Lutheran, Baptist, and Episcopalian. Those Fundamentalists that hate Jews for killing Christ (which is totally untrue by the way) and think all people who defend evolution or haven't been Baptized are damned to Hell (I'm looking at you Scopes Monkey Trial) are just a disgrace to Christianity and need to be taught a lesson. I'm not saying all Fundamentalists are like that, I'm just saying that those who are need a good kick in the rear.

I also agree here. It's ridiculous that so many Christians hate the religion that could very well be considered our uncle. Those people who genuinly hate Muslims seriously need to lay off and accept that they're mostly a good religion that even accepts most Christian doctrine to be true. They even revere Jesus and the one who died for our sins . The "Media Muslims," as I like to call them, are like a cancer. They're eventually going to grow large enough to leave my uncle extremely deformed unless immediate action is taken to subdue them. They have their beliefs, but they've twisted the words in both of their Holy Texts to the point where they no longer mean what they're supposed to mean. These are the Muslims that need to be wiped off the face of the earth for making my uncle look like an insensitive ******* that cuts off women's hands for stealing. Punish the cancer, not the whole person.

Precisely. Religious discrimination needs to stop. Nostra Aetate, one of the most revolutionary documents to come out of Vatican II, recognizes that every religion has some truth to it that Catholics simply cannot understand unless we welcome them into our circle of beliefs. Even beyond the Abrahamic faiths are Hinduism and Buddhism that have beliefs which could make our faith in Jesus as the Way, the Truth, and the Life even stronger than Christianity alone. I go so far as to say that even Atheism gives us truths that most Catholics would never accept, specifically that the concept of God is completely illogical. What we get from this is that God can and should not be proven. But I digress. My point is that those insensitive pigs who condemn every religion besides their own will never see the full Truth of whatever they believe.

You're right. As I said above, we have no right to condemn this religion over here or that cult right there. Every religion has its extremists that need to fall off the face the earth, the media needs to portray the "good" majority instead of or in addition to the "evil" minority. This man is a disgrace to all religion, not just his own. In addition, his daughter is a credit to whatever she believed (Atheism?) for standing up for her beliefs. Assuming that I'm right and she was Atheist, it's about time people realized that not all martyrs are Christian and some don't even have a religion.

11. Sara Tea Drinker

It's ironic how we fought like cats and dogs in one topic and completely... Well, mostly agree on another. lol...

I would consider Al Qaeda (has a feeling I butchered that up badly) is more like a cult than Muslim. Yes, they follow the Muslim beliefs, but actually in the Quaran. (again, another butchering) The Quaran is more focused on peace and loving all things more than most bibles. Sorry for my spelling, folks... Religion and spelling doesn't mix for me.

I'm not saying the Middle East is all Al Qaeda, but I am saying that in other parts of the world, the Quaren is interpreted in a completely different fashion. The scarves that woman wear is even worn in my home state during the most freezing of times of winter. Does that make them extremist? No, also, from what I hear, the Burka's in at least some parts of the world are still worn outside of the middle east. Does that make those countries extreme religious people? No.

On a side note, if anyone asked me to wear one of those Burka's, I'd introduce them to a hammer in their skull several times. But that's just me, in the middle east, a lot of woman wear at least scarves to Burka's depending on what country/in depth into religion they're in.

I'm sure if the Evangelical's told my dad to wear and Burka and live in the Middle East on the streets as a beggar he might actually do it. I hope he wouldn't, but he might. There's personal choice in each person, and yes, I know some parts of the Middle East there was no choice. Again, there's a massive list of all the churches who wouldn't allow you any choice at such and such a time. But I want to finish this before 2011. But one example is the Middle Ages, or when America became a sanctuary for religions outside of Christian or Catholic beliefs, jail was the only other option you had during that time in Europe.

But with Al Qaeda, there is a choice. You don't have to join if you don't want to. Most do because they either hate us or what the free world represents. It's wrong, but some of the things we have done to them is wrong too. Any cult is by choice, even to the point where you either die, end up penniless, or escape from it. Same with religion, though hopefully not as extreme.

My mom met my dad in a cult. That's how I know much about it from her stories she told me to make sure I never was interested in joining one. She was saving her sister from it, by the way, she was at the most a very minor person in it. Anyway, sorry to go in a massive tangent, my prayers go to the family and her friends. Whatever she believed in, she had no right to die like she did.